• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Daniel13789

Recruit
Nov 4, 2015
Every time I try to link my account to play online. I get the message "Unable to communicate with the Paradox server." I cannot find any solution to this and my buddies are having the same issue. The game was made free for plus users. It'll be a shame if the online doesn't work for it.

Upvote 0
FIX: They send you a verification email so go into your email and verify the account. Link it through the ps4 again and it should work. You will then be able to invite your friends and play online!

Note: When you click on the verification link, it just has a loading symbol that doesnt change but if you check your email again there should be another one that tells you it has been successful.

I know it's 2018 now, but im having this problem now and I did verify the email and never got a email back co firming just a screen that said email confirmed. I have tried I feel everything and cant play online if any help that would be great I sent a "ticket" but no luck hearing back yet

We think we've found the problem and it's down to an update not being applied. Can everyone who has this issue please have a look at this link (section 2), go through the steps and let me know if this solves the problem?
https://www.wikihow.com/Update-Ps4-Games

I'm having this issue too. I've tried updating but it simply says the game is installed to the latest version. I've tried reinstalling as well to no better. Any ideas?

PS: Is the current updated version 1.00?

The problem last time was actually that the PS store didn't show the update unless you deleted the game and reinstalled it. I've had a few customers try this and that didn't work (still worth a try though!) and it's currently under investigation.

Hello
I have just updated my Magicka 2 to the 1.08 update on my PS4 (it is 1.2.2.0 in game as I can see in the main screen in game) and tried to play it with friends but couldn't connect them to the game( controllers are working good - I tried them in other game and it worked. Yesterday, before the update, I connected second controller by pressing X in main screen of the game and it connected as always. But now I can't do this and play in team. I don't have PS+ and don't want to play online.
Please, help to solve this problem. We love this game but cant play it now!

Hello
I have just updated my Magicka 2 to the 1.08 update on my PS4 (it is 1.2.2.0 in game as I can see in the main screen in game) and tried to play it with friends but couldn't connect them to the game( controllers are working good - I tried them in other game and it worked. Yesterday, before the update, I connected second controller by pressing X in main screen of the game and it connected as always. But now I can't do this and play in team. I don't have PS+ and don't want to play online.
Please, help to solve this problem. We love this game but cant play it now!

I am having same issue. Updated to 1.08 on PS4 and now local co-op does not work at all. I connect a controller and try to connect by pressing x and nothing happens.