• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kerie70

Recruit
18 Badges
Mar 15, 2018
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
(long report)
Sorry if this isn't new or already reported I didn't find anything through search but with the release of Distant Stars (even though there wasn't an update?) I've ran into a really frustrating issue with ship upgrades and alloys. When upgrading my fleets if the upgrade window showed it was asking for a few hundred alloys for the upgrade (or any relatively small amount) it would instead eat up several thousands worth, up to 5x-7x times more than it originally wanted. The higher the amount asked in the window the vastly larger amount it would take away. When upgrading a fleet of mine that asked for around 4,000 alloys it ended up taking over 12,000 I had saved up and for several in-game months after my alloy number would be spiking up and down drastically till it just drained down to a very low amount. I checked around to make sure it wasn't a visual bug and that none of the excess was refunded after the upgrade to the fleet completed.
(edit) I also want to mention that upgrades to fleets that are meant to refund alloys are also consuming large amounts instead.

(short report)
The problem I found is ship/fleet upgrades are consuming vastly more alloys than the upgrade text is originally showing. It's not a visual bug nor are they being refunded.

• 1Like
Reactions: