• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tioperete

Censurato
10 Badges
Mar 4, 2007
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Well, this began when playing TRP, I did some minor changes in my own version (error fixing, adding ship's model names, etc...). Then I thought to begin a more extensive work with the mod and send the material to DerStudti, and the first thing I wanted to do was to add as many province pics as possible. Never did this before, so I then discovered that no files have to be modified for this, as you only have to create the images with "ill_prov_****.bmp" name, and the work is not only sensible to a particular mod, but works with everything that doesn't change the province id's.
Will upload my progress in this thread, and hope you guys find it useful and enjoy it.

Paste the files into your Dh full or mod directory

Province Pics 28/08/21 2.048 pics

Most of the pics are postcards of 1910-1930, I try to use them always over colorized photographs, that I use when the postcard is impossible to find.

If you guys have any pic to complete the collection (or you consider that you have a better pic than the one I used), don't hesitate to send it to me and I'll include it in the files.
Format has to be 24bits bmp, 192x74 pixels, postcard, realistic drawing or coloured photo (timeframe 1900-1945)

Special thanks to Michal77 contribution, Nick3210 help with Russian little cities and Imperial Zenith mod

Attachments

• map.rar
    56,1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
New pack making the number of provinces with pic 825 in total, new+reworked images

• 4Like
Reactions:
Even if it adds more provinces but keeps the originial ID's there wouldn't be problems, if you refer to E3, i'ts not compatible (well it will not crash but you would have wrong pics on wrong provinces)

Reactions:
Reactions:
Really great job!
Can I steal some of your images for my mod?
So far, I have been forced to search for similar images of urban provinces among other vanilla images, and so my Barcelona, Lisbon, Seville and several other cities have similar in nature/architecture, but fake images, lol.

Last edited:
Really great job!
Can I steal some of your images for my mod?
So far, I have been forced to search for similar images of urban provinces among other vanilla images, and so my Barcelona, Lisbon, Seville and several other cities have similar in nature/architecture, but fake images, lol.

It's made for that mate

With fake images what do you wanna say?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I wanted to say that I used vanilla images of other cities with similar architecture and terrain ))

Well, before returning to "normal life" tomorrow, I wanted to do a last update (it has been some days dedicated only to this project)
I have finished all of Europe except the Soviet Union (that has some pics too), North and Central America with the Antilles and most of South America.
You will find some countries finished around the world, like Vietnam, Spanish and Italian colonies, New Zealand, Syria, Iraq and some pics here and there.

Hope you enjoy it

• 5Like
Reactions:
Most of them are AI coloring, it's really hard to find coloured photos from the 30s

• 1Like
Reactions:
New update, total number of pics 1.175

Thanks to Michal77 who did Japan and many more pics around the world

• 1Like
Reactions: