• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Svanley

First Lieutenant
61 Badges
Jun 16, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
With the massive change to the way the province setup file is handled, is there any converter that the Imperator dev team can share to make this process more painless? Making a new one from scratch could be done but would be nice if that wasn't needed, especially as I haven't programmed anything like that before and would take me quite a while to do.

Btw, what is the benefit of it not being a csv anymore? Before I could just Ctrl-F search for a province ID if I wanted to make some smaller change outside of the setup editor but now I would need to find the right region file as well. Also have changed the areas and regions quite a bit from time to time and not sure how that would work with the current system either, maybe the setup editor solves that?

Thanks!

@Snow Crystal @Chopmist

Edit: Hm, I just realized it might be possible with just scripting excel, does each region require its own file or can I actually have all of them in the same one? This might be a lot easier than I though...

Last edited:
Alright so been trying this all day and finally was able to get it to load in to a new game after making a rudimentary setup for all the provinces in one massive file and this did cause the characters to get generated in the documents folder where the save games are. I suspect the provinces didn't get generated because they were already setup but so far I'm just crashing without having them setup. Would be great if we could get some more info on how to achieve this more precisely, and also maybe where the files would be generated, I'd assume where characters got generated in Imperator/setup.

In the meantime I'll continue trying to edit things to maybe make it not crash without province setup and hopefully that works, having to clear all the files would not be ideal though.

Thanks again!

I wonder if we can have some guideline how this process should work, because currently i won't manually write from scratch setup file for 3000 provinces, this is madness.

Alright so was able to script it in excel to also include the terrain data and manually editing some stuff for sea provinces and impassables I was able to make it be almost as before, still don't have the multicultural provinces though but luckily I didn't have all that many of those.

Some "issues" I've encountered though, the game now freezes for more than 1 second each time I make any change with the setup_editor. Also manually editing stuff in the files, such as for adding new multicultural pops, really is a massive pain now as I have 90+ files and need to find the right one each time, unless it can be done in setup_editor someway now, either with some new functionality around pop setup (haven't looked yet) or by it saving multicultural pops added through scripted gui. Also I guess the files can probably be merged each time after using the setup_editor so they can be easily searched.

Anyway, it works and my proficiency in Excel has increased by a whole lot, so there is that at least!

I am having trouble getting my mod to run. Is there a need for anything new in the .mod file? Would someone be willing to check out my mod? Its an Alexander the Great era mod, and I only have Persia and Macedon set up. I tried making Alex the ruler, but the game is crashing on me after 20% "loading the game".

After another day of working around with it the issue of separate files isn't thaaat bad as you can search the all the file's contents but does require you to then open that file and then search in it again.

But I've just encountered a more "critical" error which is Holy Sites not being saved which becomes a massive hassle merging files, exacerbated by the fact there is 90+ of them possibly to merge... Hope this can be fixed, but great to see that city now is remember so that doesn't need to be merged each time. Though merging the files when it was just copying a column from one csv to another in excel didn't take much effort.

Last edited: