Province Pictures for all Provinces Mod - Hoi 2 default Map Games

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Oberst Willi

Second Lieutenant
90 Badges
Aug 10, 2009
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Iron Cross
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company Collection
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Rise of Prussia
I make a Province Picture Mod for all Regions over the World,it works with DH Armageddon 1.3a and AOD default Maps.

All 1870 Land Provinces are finished now and i made some new Versions of the Province UI Overlay , but at a separate Folder.
The Transparency for example is increased at them and one Version is Borderless , means no Lines between the Buttons, Icons and Pictures.

The Pictures itself have a 252 x Resolution and i keep the Ratio original , but i have a Limit for the Height, not lower than 97px.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gu7uxkvtdlxqdup/AAAlOp5FtqFG_VWGvvNaXc9aa?dl=0

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'm impressed! Installed these and will use them forever from now on. Eagerly awaiting the next batch!

If I may be so bold as to offer some unsolicited feedback. For the transparent border overlay. Pictures with a very light palettes in the lower half causes the numbers blend in and become invisible. Breslaus the white sky background for example, beautiful as it is, camouflages the factory #.

Last edited:
I'm impressed! Installed these and will use them forever from now on. Eagerly awaiting the next batch!

If I may be so bold as to offer some unsolicited feedback. For the transparent border overlay. Pictures with a very light palettes in the lower half causes the numbers blend in and become invisible. Breslaus the white sky background for example, beautiful as it is, camouflages the factory #.

For that Problem i need a little bit of Help, i need to know how to edit the Colours of the Text for that UI Section.
If i know that, i can make another Colour for that and this Problem is solved.

Should be not too hard to get out and i am aware of the Postcard Pics with the Text at it.

If im finished with the first of the three Lists, i will look at them again and see what i can do.
One Finland Pic for example had included modern Cars and i take the Pen and retouching it successful,you cant see anything from that, even if you know what Pic i edit.

Heres the List i use for the Work,you can have an overview what is finished already with that.

https://hoi2.paradoxwikis.com/Provinces_by_ID,_part_1

Last edited:
I update every Time now i get new pics finished ,so look from Time to Time and get the Updates.

The next 50 are finished today,the first US Regions - New York, New Jersey , Maryland , Pennsylvania , Ohio, Michigan , Indiana, Wisconsin, West Virginia , Virginia , North Carolina , South Carolina, Kentucky , Tennessee , Georgia and Florida.

These States are not all complete now,because the Province Numbers of that List Jump from Central Europe for example to Nort America and back to Russia and so on.

I got Paint.net now for the rework of Fonts,didnt know how mighty this Program is,i hope i can retouching now every Pic with Font perfectly.

Beautiful Results - https://ibb.co/FWMjh17 - https://ibb.co/JyQVvct - https://ibb.co/CwBLb7T - https://ibb.co/8M4GgtD

Edit: Not long and every Picture is cleaned up from Fonts and everything else that disturbs.

Approximately 160 of the 651 Pics need the Rework and i am not far from finish them and continue the Work up to 700 Pics.

All new Pics that need it,will get that cosmetic retouch now and even its still a long Way to go, i cant
expect the Moment when this Project is finished and i start my first Game with that beautiful new Provinces.

Last edited:
All Pics now are 100 % Font free and cleaned up ,it was a Hell of a Work,i need 2 Weeks only for this Work.

Now i create new ones again and i am at 850 Provinces now, the half Way is gone and from now on max a Month and i am finished.

A total of 1790 i count now and the Rest until the 2601 Provinces are Ocean Provinces,its still a lot of Work, but this is possible to make.

If i look at DH Full - over 7000 Provinces,no this is not.

Only if you want to make 1 Year long nothing other than this.

Edit: Black and White ones are colored now too,it was easy,but i spent some Money at colorize.cc because this was the best Solution and has high Quality Results. If you have old Black and White Pictures you want to colorize i can highly recommend this Webpage,its fantastic.

Made some Shots for showing how much Work and Steps needed for retouching only one of this Images for Hoi 2, but Paint.net is such a powerfull Tool and this is so much Fun for me. :)

Last edited:
The Mod is done complete now,if you find a Bug (a strange Bug was - some Provinces in China had wrong size on HDD for example and i fixed them already) let me know the Province id.

Open Cheat Console (F12) and give in showid and look at the right bottom, theres the id.

Have Fun with a complete illustrated World at Hoi2. :)

Last edited:
Beautiful mod. Can I use files from your mod for the mod The Next War E3Map 1.08 ?

With a notes that they are taken from your mod,of course.

Beautiful mod. Can I use files from your mod for the mod The Next War E3Map 1.08 ?

With a notes that they are taken from your mod,of course.

You can use it for whatever you want to use it.

I have no Problems with that,have Fun. :)

Reactions:
Hi @Oberst Willi

That's a enormous piece of work you did there. I can only admire the dedication. I've been listening to some pieces in your music pack. While I reckognize some of them from movies, most are unknown to me. I'd be really interested in knowing where it comes from. Do you have a list somewhere with the actual names of these pieces?

Thanks in advance, have a good day!

Last edited:
Hi, am doing something similar with DH

Are all your pics from the city whose name is in map and the period?

If the answer is yes, could I use them for my DH project?

Hi @Oberst Willi

That's a enormous piece of work you did there. I can only admire the dedication. I've been listening to some pieces in your music pack. While I reckognize some of them from movies, most are unknown to me. I'd be really interested in knowing where it comes from. Do you have a list somewhere with the actual names of these pieces?

Thanks in advance, have a good day!
Ups sorry didnt see this, i use full Albums from Youtube and record them manual ,its the best Result.

Search for the Names at Youtube and you can listen to the Pieces.

If you dont find a Album, let me know and i will help you, some are tricky to find.

Thanks for the Flowers. :)

Edit: as a Tip listen to Battlefield 5 Album, "under no Flag" what a beautiful Piece of Music, or The Pacific "Track 1" and "Track 19", omg my Skin gets goose bumps if i listen to them.

Beautiful just beautiful. :cool:

Last edited:
Hi, am doing something similar with DH

Are all your pics from the city whose name is in map and the period?

If the answer is yes, could I use them for my DH project?
Yes most are from that Period of Time and they are exactly from the Locations, i did a lot of geography Research, some Pictures take me Hours to find.

Some are modern if i dont find old ones, but i retouch them so that nothing modern is on it anymore.

And i had to restaurate a lot of Pictures, Dirt ,broken and so on.

Finally i colorized them with colorize.cc and i love the Results,that Money was spend well.

I have no Problems if you use them for your Mod, its an Honor to me if People using my Work. :)