• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Krea

Sergeant
7 Badges
Oct 21, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
>>This if the first version. For the last one, see the last post here.<<

This is a mini mod to go around one the fact that you cannot change base province income in-game. It is made for the 1066 scenario from CKDV 3.2b with DVIP. I'm still playtesting it so it may still be refined, comments are welcome.
Changes to normal CK behaviour:
- All provinces have base income 3.
- Prosperity province modifiers are changed to simulate different base incomes, struggling is -2 until rich which is +2, aproximately.
- Malaria and Dysentery are substituted with +3 and +6 modifiers with their own icons.
- "Fairs and Routes" tech group is changed to give +1, +1, +2,, +2, +3 prov. modifiers.
- Province setup for 1066 scenario is changed with modifiers and tech so that each province will start with an income aproximate to the original one.
- Old malaria and dysentery event modifiers now provide a bonus instead of a malus.
- Province improvements base income needed lowered when present.

...And the whole reason for all this...

- New events to give/remove said province effects and a change to an existing one so that now you can really get your cities "bigger", all the way till "Byzantion-size"...Or help in destroying some of the enemy... Of course it will require some work, and stewardship is essential... For more info check them in the prov. structure file.

Two notes:
1- I have a "particular" way of formatting events, it may seem more complicated but for me is way better to read and understand them.
2- This is my third post, if something is not made in a correct way, please let me know.

So download, try it, enjoy, and if you have suggestions, let me know.

---> Discussion Thread <---

-Krea

Attachments

• ProvIncomeMiniMod.rar
    283,6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
v2

This is a mini mod to go around one the fact that you cannot change base province income in-game. It is made for the 1066 scenario from CKDV 3.2b. I'm still playtesting it so it may still be refined, comments are welcome.

In a nutshell, this is a mod that allows to simulate population and income derived from it. It allows for "growth" and "decline" in provinces through time.

It also contain ways to give a bonus to capital provinces and penalties for having provinces with a different culture or religion.

And now for a limited time only it comes with my modified events for tech discovery and spread, so that they make a bit more sense now...

Über Paradox Nerd Talk:
- All provinces have base income 1.
- Siege Weapons and Defensive Tactics tech groups are deactivated and used to simulate population/income in a exponential way using binary-ish coding.
- Each province starts with the modifiers to aproximate vanilla income.
- The first tech in Siege Weapons Group is instead used to signal a capital province, giving it a +2 Gold Income.
- Small Pox and Typhoid Fever Province effects are instead used to mark a province that has a different Culture/Religion from that of the realm, with their own modifiers.
- Prosperity province modifiers are nerfed and used to control the "growth" or "decline" of a province.
- Events to make tech discovery and spread more "realistic", more info here.

Try it, enjoy, and if you have suggestions, let me know.

---> Discussion Thread <---

-Krea

EDIT: Minor changes because of the way ruler_stewardship and the like really work. Events now have the MTTH they should.

Attachments

• ProvIncomeMiniModv2.1.rar
    106,5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited: