• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

This thread is more than 5 months old.

It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose. If you feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

Krea

Sergeant
7 Badges
Oct 21, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
>>This if the first version. For the last one, see the last post here.<<

This is a mini mod to go around one the fact that you cannot change base province income in-game. It is made for the 1066 scenario from CKDV 3.2b with DVIP. I'm still playtesting it so it may still be refined, comments are welcome.
Changes to normal CK behaviour:
- All provinces have base income 3.
- Prosperity province modifiers are changed to simulate different base incomes, struggling is -2 until rich which is +2, aproximately.
- Malaria and Dysentery are substituted with +3 and +6 modifiers with their own icons.
- "Fairs and Routes" tech group is changed to give +1, +1, +2,, +2, +3 prov. modifiers.
- Province setup for 1066 scenario is changed with modifiers and tech so that each province will start with an income aproximate to the original one.
- Old malaria and dysentery event modifiers now provide a bonus instead of a malus.
- Province improvements base income needed lowered when present.

...And the whole reason for all this...

- New events to give/remove said province effects and a change to an existing one so that now you can really get your cities "bigger", all the way till "Byzantion-size"...Or help in destroying some of the enemy... Of course it will require some work, and stewardship is essential... For more info check them in the prov. structure file.

Two notes:
1- I have a "particular" way of formatting events, it may seem more complicated but for me is way better to read and understand them.
2- This is my third post, if something is not made in a correct way, please let me know.

So download, try it, enjoy, and if you have suggestions, let me know.

---> Discussion Thread <---

-Krea

Attachments

• ProvIncomeMiniMod.rar
    283,6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Krea

Sergeant
7 Badges
Oct 21, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
v2

This is a mini mod to go around one the fact that you cannot change base province income in-game. It is made for the 1066 scenario from CKDV 3.2b. I'm still playtesting it so it may still be refined, comments are welcome.

In a nutshell, this is a mod that allows to simulate population and income derived from it. It allows for "growth" and "decline" in provinces through time.

It also contain ways to give a bonus to capital provinces and penalties for having provinces with a different culture or religion.

And now for a limited time only it comes with my modified events for tech discovery and spread, so that they make a bit more sense now...

Über Paradox Nerd Talk:
- All provinces have base income 1.
- Siege Weapons and Defensive Tactics tech groups are deactivated and used to simulate population/income in a exponential way using binary-ish coding.
- Each province starts with the modifiers to aproximate vanilla income.
- The first tech in Siege Weapons Group is instead used to signal a capital province, giving it a +2 Gold Income.
- Small Pox and Typhoid Fever Province effects are instead used to mark a province that has a different Culture/Religion from that of the realm, with their own modifiers.
- Prosperity province modifiers are nerfed and used to control the "growth" or "decline" of a province.
- Events to make tech discovery and spread more "realistic", more info here.

Try it, enjoy, and if you have suggestions, let me know.

---> Discussion Thread <---

-Krea

EDIT: Minor changes because of the way ruler_stewardship and the like really work. Events now have the MTTH they should.

Attachments

• ProvIncomeMiniModv2.1.rar
    106,5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited: