Protect the Straits in Hearts of Iron IV: Battle for the Bosporus on October 15th

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like the focus trees that were presented in the diaries. Going to buy it.
But the best thing about it is that it will make me play the game again for additional 10s of hours, not only as the countries recieving an update , again. More time then i invest in most console AAA titles. Kind of worth the money.

Reactions:
I'm pretty sure they said the reason Yugoslavia didn't get voices was because they didn't want to offend the various ethnicities (Croats, Bosnians, Serbs, etc.) by favoring one over the other.
Lame excuse for one simple reason.
The soldiers are the ones who are speaking in the game, the official language of Yugoslavian army (both Kingdom and SFRJ) was Serbo-Croatian which was a primary subject in schools in every republic.

Lame excuse for one simple reason.
The soldiers are the ones who are speaking in the game, the official language of Yugoslavian army (both Kingdom and SFRJ) was Serbo-Croatian which was a primary subject in schools in every republic.

Especially since plenty of countries had multiple languages during this time, Soviet Union would be a big one, I guess all the little countries inside didn't exist and they all spoke Russian from Minsk all the way to Vladivostok.

If what we've seen so far is any indication, then this new division of labor with DLC seems to be working.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Unfortunate to see no Albania as Albania is tied into the Balkans quite richly. Not only that, but Albanian political climate was absolutely insane at this time period. Perhaps we will see a combined; Italian - Austrian - Switzerland - Albania expansion pack further down the road.
Honestly, I think if Albania ever will get a FT, it'll be with Italy. Since they are so closely tied in this time period. But I was hoping for an Albanian one-two. Was hoping to have something to do with Greece when Albania gets annexed.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Will this have new home menu art? I always think those are so well done. Also, whats the about a Balkan Entente, seems rather alt historical, but that is this game's bread and butter. I do not see the Balkans getting together, unless it is against Turkey, as during the First Balkan War and the Ottoman Wars.

Reactions:
Will this have new home menu art? I always think those are so well done. Also, whats the about a Balkan Entente, seems rather alt historical, but that is this game's bread and butter. I do not see the Balkans getting together, unless it is against Turkey, as during the First Balkan War and the Ottoman Wars.

Depends on the countries, those next to each other no, but I could Romania and Greece or Croatia and Albania, certain combinations work, on the subject of menu art I hope so, I really wish they added a button and you can pick which loading screen picture you can have in the background, lots of great artwork that you never see again.

Reactions:
I heard someone say we will get a fourth, but I do not think it is the case? Am I wrong?

;-

Depends on the countries, those next to each other no, but I could Romania and Greece or Croatia and Albania, certain combinations work, on the subject of menu art I hope so, I really wish they added a button and you can pick which loading screen picture you can have in the background, lots of great artwork that you never see again.

I would really want it to have a randomized option, with all of the old menu art and also those arts that show up while the game is loading. If they want to stay branded for the current dlc, they can keep the subtitle under the the game logo regardless of the current art.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Dang it! I was expecting Albania to have a focus tree. However, 3 minor focus trees aren't enough. 4 should be the minimum.

Countries in earlier packs should be reworked separately for owners of their respective DLCs and not be counted as the 4th minor focus tree in this pack though. :(
They are reworking Yugoslavia, and Albania is usually eaten by Italy before it can do much. "Zog Submits"

Reactions:
I heard someone say we will get a fourth, but I do not think it is the case? Am I wrong?

;-

Fourth what?

I would really want it to have a randomized option, with all of the old menu art and also those arts that show up while the game is loading. If they want to stay branded for the current dlc, they can keep the subtitle under the the game logo regardless of the current art.

I still think having the option of choosing is better, let the player choose what art he wants to see at the menu

They are reworking Yugoslavia, and Albania is usually eaten by Italy before it can do much. "Zog Submits"

While true they are reworking Yugoslavia, I would not consider them the 4th country, otherwise they're charging DLC for a DLC which is scummy in my opinion, they are hopefully, and should be, a free rework as part of update Collie. And while true that Albania is eaten, they still should get a tree with a Italy rework, there's more potential then most realize, especially considering Czechoslovakia got one....

Reactions:
Nice with all the love for minor powers in WW2. However, I would also really like to see, more details and depth put into some of the major powers of WW2 that have been overlooked. I am especially thinking about Italy and the USSR.

Furthermore, to keep the focus of HoI4 on WW2 scenarios and the main alliances (factions) of that conflict (i.e.: Axis vs. Allies vs. Comintern vs. Eastasian Coprosperity Sphere). One of the four major powers of WW2 that is in dire need of a new focus tree is the Soviet Union (leader of the Comintern).

But thanks again Paradox for a wonderful WW2 game, keep up the good work... :)

Reactions: