Protect the Straits in Hearts of Iron IV: Battle for the Bosporus on October 15th

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great news that Turkey is receiving its own flavour tree!

Though, to much dismay, you still haven't included a national tree for the one country with the single most influence and impact on the outcome of the war, and which without comparison alone could have changed the outcome of history: Den gamla, den fria, den fjällhöga hemliga stormakten, Sweden

• 5Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Hearts of Iron IV: Battle for the Bosporus will be available on 15 October 2020
That's much faster than expected. and it means there are only 3 DD left for the free patch features.

Just checked steam. Yugoslavia is the last tree.
It seems it's just an update to the DoD tree. the new DLC is advertized as Greece, Bulgaria and Turkey.

Reactions:
Can someone point me in the direction of the revamped Yugoslavian tree? People are saying it's on Steam but I can't find it.
They removed it after we pointed it out.

I've to admit that I hoped at least for some small changes and/or additions to the game mechanics.
I feel similar, mechanical changes are always what makes me interested.
However, pushing the everlasting request for nw stuff aside, I can appreciate that mechanics and content packs are separated, as they allow me to skip the latter if I want to without getting this aggrevating itch about missed-out mechanics.

That said, I'll still have to have a long look at this one as this is indeed an interesting region and so far not played much by me.

edit: What would be interesting: Is the region able to stand up to the majors if properly played? And, unrelated, but is the balance of Germany and SU finally on the table again in the next big DLC?

Since you're going back over Yugoslavia will they get Serbo-Croatian voices now? I know the justification before was that "we can't pick one language out of a multi-ethnic state" or w/e, but Serbo-Croatian/Shtokavian whatever you want to call it was far and away the most commonly spoken language in Yugoslavia.

Since you're willing to risk people getting upset for some of the additions to Turkey, I don't see why not.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • National Focus Tree for Turkey:... restore the Sultan to the throne or found a new Islamic state.

So that's why it took so long for you guys to release a new national focus tree for Turkey. Didn't want to catch flak for a certain misinterpretation :p

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Would be nice to know if Yugoslavia gets a voiceover in the patch, probably not but one can hope.
I'm pretty sure they said the reason Yugoslavia didn't get voices was because they didn't want to offend the various ethnicities (Croats, Bosnians, Serbs, etc.) by favoring one over the other.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I love how in the trailer the battle for the Bosporus is already decided because the bombers will just lay waste to the city and the fleet.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
having beard for turkish soldiers was banned in not just republican era but late ottoman era too. the soldiers in trailer looks like arabic/indian soldiers with that facial set up. is it so hard to find how turkish soldiers looked like in that era from internet? (small tip, coco chanel made turkish uniforms) or are you doing this for purpose?

at least you didnt use palms/camels/desert set up with dark skinned guys for this time though. this is quite progress from the west!

Reactions:
Too magical, Turkey chose pan-Turkism. Finally a war on China?
If you want to prove that you are good, do you need to have a fight with China? 碰瓷 Meaning translation

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm pretty sure they said the reason Yugoslavia didn't get voices was because they didn't want to offend the various ethnicities (Croats, Bosnians, Serbs, etc.) by favoring one over the other.

I think it's the better compromise for Yugoslavian voiceover: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shtokavian

But you have the same problematic with Canada (Canadian French and Canadian English), with Belgium (Belgian Dutch and Belgian French), with Switzerland (Swiss French, Romansh, Swiss German and Swiss Italian)

At worst, developers leave the choice of voiceover to the player for multiethnic countries.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Yet another DLC where Italy and Soviet's bare bones focus trees are neglected. Thank you, Paradox. Very cool!

Look I'm not afraid and usually I am one to critique PDX and some of their choices during the HoI IV development cycle, however in this case this is a ridiculous statement and it's not just by you, but plenty others. Perhaps my phrasing will get through to you.

*ahem*

PARADOX IS ALREADY WORKING ON THE SOVIET UNION REWORK WHICH WILL LIKELY INCLUDE A BETTER REPRESENTATION OF OPERATION BARBAROSSA AND THE FOLLOWING GREAT PATRIOTIC WAR AND FINALLY THE PUSH BACK INTO EASTERN EUROPE AND GERMANY. WE WILL ALSO LIKELY SEE, CONSIDERING THEIR IMPORTANCE, A REWORK OF FINLAND AND POLAND TO FLESH OUT THOSE AREAS MORE AND SEE THINGS LIKE THE WINTER WAR MORE AS WELL AS THE CONTINUATION WAR AND LAPLAND WAR. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS.

*clears throat*

That better? :)

• 4Like
  • 3Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions: