Protect the Straits in Hearts of Iron IV: Battle for the Bosporus on October 15th

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It´s rumored that the Pack will cost $9.99/£7.19/€9.99.

This is from the OP of this thread, the actual announcement you are commenting on :)

1600868753259.png

• 19Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
October 15 is a pleasant surprise. Wasn't expecting it that early.
Probably because it's a country pack and not a full DLC.

Looking forward to the livestreams.

Reactions:
@BjornB

What is the Soundtrack on the teaser Video? i cannot figure it out but can bet that i hear it somewhere.

I don't think you have. As far as I know it's from one of the tracks included with this Country Pack

• 9Like
Reactions:
But the tunes at the End are mixed of something that sounds familiar.
Well, if the soundtrack can remind us of a definitely Turkish song, than Waldetoft/Mangalf got it right.

Especially from 0:31 onwards

Is Camel unit free for middle east countries? Or have to buy this DLC to get it for Saudi Arabia?
Lots of different countries in middle east or who operated there will get access but it does come with the DLC, its not free.

Soooo, this is a mini expansion? Is this something only for Hoi4 or are looking to do this in other games?
Other games already do it a bit. Stellaris Species packs for example (although they do more art and we do more gameplay focus)

• 4Like
Reactions:
Lots of different countries in middle east or who operated there will get access but it does come with the DLC, its not free.
Just like the Bicycles from MtG and Armored Cars from LaR. Unique Cavalry are a theme, eh?
Other games already do it a bit. Stellaris Species packs for example (although they do more art and we do more gameplay focus)
And it's nice that HoI4 finally follows this model. One Country Pack and an Expansion for each semester.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have a question... will this be useable with older versions? I did not like the occupation rework in 1.9x and so I still play in 1.8x. Can I still make use of this country pack, or will I have to choke down my bile and play 1.9?

Reactions:
I have a question... will this be useable with older versions? I did not like the occupation rework in 1.9x and so I still play in 1.8x. Can I still make use of this country pack, or will I have to choke down my bile and play 1.9?
If you want to use contents that is for 1.9 and beyond, choke it. Try to get 50w Cavalry as your supression unit asap.

You will need to update as part of this pack uses the resistance mechanic

• 1Like
Reactions:

At first I thought the Compliance system was a huge nerf to every nation, but, boy, was I wrong! If you manage to get compliance up, the manpower you can get is just insane! In a recent game, I played as Portugal, and, after beating Germany, I raised compliance and this resulted in a whopping 700k manpower coming from Germany alone - and I was on Limited Conscription!

You should try it out - after 1.9.3, the whole system got quite balanced and fun to mess around with.

Reactions:
Unfortunate to see no Albania as Albania is tied into the Balkans quite richly. Not only that, but Albanian political climate was absolutely insane at this time period. Perhaps we will see a combined; Italian - Austrian - Switzerland - Albania expansion pack further down the road.

Reactions:
@Kosaki MacTavish

The part from 01:16 until it ends i clearly hear it which was reconstructed my hungarian Artists or somehow was it clearly to resemble a bit turkish marsh. It has even his ties to the Siege of Vienna but don´t ask me which it was clearly.

But even this would be true todays turkish People would clearly prefer something else like from turkish makam.