Protect the Straits in Hearts of Iron IV: Battle for the Bosporus on October 15th

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
STOCKHOLM - 23 September 2020 - For centuries, the Bosporus and Dardanelles have been key to strategy in the Mediterranean. A gate that joins the Black Sea and the Mediterranean, a short crossing that divides Europe from Asia. In the middle of a world crisis, this strait is an attractive target for any great power that seeks to dominate the region. Is neutrality even possible when war arrives on your doorstep?

Hearts of Iron IV: Battle for the Bosporus is a new country pack for Paradox Development Studio’s best-selling grand strategy wargame. New events and decision paths let you take control of the destinies of Bulgaria, Greece or Turkey through years of uncertainty and conflict. Is it possible for these middle powers to steer a path between factions that will demand their support?

Features of Battle for the Bosporus include:
  • National Focus Tree for Bulgaria: Balance the factions in a divided land or reclaim territory lost in 1919. Follow the historical alliance with Germany or resist the German pressures on Tsar Boris, standing up for a free Bulgaria.
  • National Focus Tree for Greece: Riven by political division, Greek neutrality is maintained by the controversial Metaxas. Build a strong relationship with the Allies under the guidance of King George II, follow arch-conservatives into fascism or restore the glories of Greek Empire in the east.
  • National Focus Tree for Turkey: Robbed of its empire in the last war, what future is there for Turkey in a new one? Continue or halt the reforms of Kemalism, stand as the protector of the Balkans in a new regional faction, restore the Sultan to the throne or found a new Islamic state.
  • New Music Tracks
  • New 3D Unit Models for Balkan and Turkish Armies
  • Unique voice overs for Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey
Hearts of Iron IV: Battle for the Bosporus will be available on 15 October 2020 for a suggested retail price of $9.99/£7.19/€9.99

You can wishlist Battle for the Bosporus on Steam now

• 61Like
  • 20Love
Reactions:
Just checked steam. Yugoslavia is the last tree.

• 6Like
Reactions:
We thus have three dev diaries to go, so I'm guessing:
1 - Final tree revealed (its pic is on steam now)
2 - Small changes, like music, achievements, models, etc
3 - Full patch log

• 5Like
Reactions:
Is the DLC only going to have 3 focus trees? Are there any feature reworks? The supply system and peace confrances are both systems that are screaming out for some work.

This DLC does not seem to offer much.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Dang it! I was expecting Albania to have a focus tree. However, 3 minor focus trees aren't enough. 4 should be the minimum.

Countries in earlier packs should be reworked separately for owners of their respective DLCs and not be counted as the 4th minor focus tree in this pack though. :(

• 11Like
Reactions:
it's a country pack for 10$

the only other rework will be the Yugoslavian focus tree

Quite sad to see Yugoslavia get a rework before any TfV trees. Sure, they needed it, but the DoD focus trees, even this one, are WAY better than most TfV trees. Canada is the biggest example: they had a considerable participation in the war and their focus doesn't represent it at all. In fact, you can't get rid of both The Great Depression and Quebec Conscription Crisis, having to choose which to deal with. The focuses were just too restrictive...

On the other hand, it is good to see that the HoI team is willing to rework former DLC trees as well! Looking forward to the future - and hey, now that Turkey is done, maybe the second most played minor, Brazil, could get some love? ;)

• 9Like
Reactions:
Wow, releasing much sooner than expected. I did expect Turkey to be one of the countries getting a focus tree though, but quite unfortunate that there isn't a fourth country getting focuses, or even Italy getting their tree revamped.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Dang it! I was expecting Albania to have a focus tree. However, 3 minor focus trees aren't enough. 4 should be the minimum.

Countries in earlier packs should be reworked separately for owners of their respective DLCs and not be counted as the 4th minor focus tree in this pack though. :(

it's not counted in the pack, the reworked Yugo tree is obviously free for the owners of D&D (unless I miss something)

• 4Like
Reactions:
I think it's more appropriate to call the Yugoslav tree updated rather than reworked. The only changes are at the political branch, while the others are basically the same (unless I'm missing something).

One thing I noticed is that now, there is a new choice of Surrendering Macedonia and the old 'Concessions for Macedonians'. I have to assume that in the case of the former, Bulgaria loses its IMRO spirit. Meanwhile the Yugoslav focus to claim BUL is moved down, underneath 'Claim (Greek) Macedonia'.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've to admit that I hoped at least for some small changes and/or additions to the game mechanics.

Not in country packs. We are, as mentioned earlier, working on the next full expansion as well since a while back

• 21Like
Reactions:
I've to admit that I hoped at least for some small changes and/or additions to the game mechanics.
The problem is that that would require teaching the AI the new mechanics, so that would delay development. Plus I'd rather have the AI devs work on existing mechanics like paratroopers.

• 1Like
Reactions: