• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As I have said before I hope they leave the look of the game as unchanged as possible as it is breathtaking and IMO way better looking than EUIV. But after reading about those horribly failed invasions of Russia by Napoleon etc, I think maybe making supply limit in certain areas go way down during winter months, and just basically making seasons more important. Then I can imagine having to plan invasion etc according to the time of year and similar.

Another proposal would be more options to use trade embargos and your economic might to break other nations, either in times of war, to control who might win a war, or to let rebels win (?). Obviously this shouldn't be overpowered, and maybe other countries can come to your rescue (enemies of the embargoing countries). Could also be a wargoal, like: "Stop embargo", then choose what country it should stop embargoing. Any opinions of these two ideas?

I just want one thing, pleeeease keep the map looking like a map, I feel it's far more appropriate for the time period and I think Victoria II is the best looking Paradox game to date. More complex combat would be good though and maybe a slightly later end date and/or converter to HoI IV ('Cause I'm assuming that'll come out before Vicky III)

EDIT: An Alliance System like in HoI II would be great or even customisable, named great alliance to simulate Great Wars a bit better.

How about we have a terrain map like EUIV and CKII, but the political map is an actual map (like Victoria II) and not just a color overlay onto the terrain map.

I just want one thing, pleeeease keep the map looking like a map, I feel it's far more appropriate for the time period and I think Victoria II is the best looking Paradox game to date.

Yeah I agree,

at least an option to leave a flat map in all the modes, like the actual v2, being less pc demanding, and another option to those who want to see the mountains

about the game, I expect a better UI with customizable hotkeys in "every" command.

rework in the protectionism - free trade issues, here was a civil war because that, and cannot be reenacted because protectionism doesn't work in v2.

local spheres? just any equivalent to the trade zones in pride of nations

tbh I prefer a couple of patches in v2 instead of a new v3 in who knows how many time.

Yeah I agree,

at least an option to leave a flat map in all the modes, like the actual v2, being less pc demanding

a flat map doesnt actually cost less rendering performance though

Reactions:
My proposal is to changing the cores into 3 different values(instead of 1 single value, as it is just yes or no right now)

core=1: This will represent the Homeland provinces, where the whatever culture habitated for a long long time.
-CB for this provinces will cost no badboy
-POP's with the correct culture will be more attacted to the provinces with Homeland core than anywhere else(Hungarians less likely to leave Hungary if immigrating internaly in Austria or Austrians choose to immigrate to Venetia instead of a newly gained Bosnia, for example)
-Core-culture POP's will have huge penalties for assimilation(Poles of Russia, Austria and Prussia)
-Minorities will have higher bonuses for assimilation(while high, it won't be as high as Homeland penalty, obviously. Justification for this is that someone will be more likely to assimilate into German culture in Germany than in Bohemia, for example.)
-It will not be possible to remove this kind of cores in-game, Collision between different contries Homeland cores will always cause trouble between them(Alsace-Lorraine anyone?).

core=2: This is the cores as we know, the territory that is considered a rightful part of the nation in the eyes of it's population and other nations.
-CB for this core will cost a little amount of badboy(For gameplay balance)
-Core-culture POPs will be somewhat attacted to the provinces with this core IF AND ONLY IF they are immigrating internaly(as they are more accepted here than elsewhere)
-Core-culture POPs will have some penalties for assimilation(Germans of Bohemia/Poland in case of their independence, some of them will assimilate back into them but most will resist as they lived there for a considerible amount of time.)
-Minorities won't have any bonus/penalty for assimilation(why would they anyway)
-It will be posible to reduce this kind of core in-game into claims if Primary/Accepted culture POP's becomes minority within the province(which I will explain next)(An independent Poland/Bohemia again, slowly gaining legitimacy and eroding the Prussian/Russian/Austrian legitimacy there)
-Collision between core-core or homeland-core will cause trouble, but if the status-quo remains for a long time, the troubles could cease awas as cores reduced to claims

core=3: This will represent claims in the game, easy to gain but also easy to loose if you don't own them for some time
-CB will cost more badboy than core CB but cost less then outright conquest
-Protectories should be able to gain claim-cores if they have some primary POPs. This fits better for colonies in my opinion
-Claims will promote to standart cores if the province has majority of primary/accepted culture POPs(or something like 30-40%) after a fixed amount of time
-It should offer no bonus or penalty for assimilation
-Claims will be added/removed after a fixed amount of time if you own/don't own the province

Well these are my ideas anyway. Thanks for reading and apologies for my English

My proposal is to changing the cores into 3 different values(instead of 1 single value, as it is just yes or no right now)

core=1: This will represent the Homeland provinces, where the whatever culture habitated for a long long time.
-CB for this provinces will cost no badboy
-POP's with the correct culture will be more attacted to the provinces with Homeland core than anywhere else(Hungarians less likely to leave Hungary if immigrating internaly in Austria or Austrians choose to immigrate to Venetia instead of a newly gained Bosnia, for example)
-Core-culture POP's will have huge penalties for assimilation(Poles of Russia, Austria and Prussia)
-Minorities will have higher bonuses for assimilation(while high, it won't be as high as Homeland penalty, obviously. Justification for this is that someone will be more likely to assimilate into German culture in Germany than in Bohemia, for example.)
-It will not be possible to remove this kind of cores in-game, Collision between different contries Homeland cores will always cause trouble between them(Alsace-Lorraine anyone?).

core=2: This is the cores as we know, the territory that is considered a rightful part of the nation in the eyes of it's population and other nations.
-CB for this core will cost a little amount of badboy(For gameplay balance)
-Core-culture POPs will be somewhat attacted to the provinces with this core IF AND ONLY IF they are immigrating internaly(as they are more accepted here than elsewhere)
-Core-culture POPs will have some penalties for assimilation(Germans of Bohemia/Poland in case of their independence, some of them will assimilate back into them but most will resist as they lived there for a considerible amount of time.)
-Minorities won't have any bonus/penalty for assimilation(why would they anyway)
-It will be posible to reduce this kind of core in-game into claims if Primary/Accepted culture POP's becomes minority within the province(which I will explain next)(An independent Poland/Bohemia again, slowly gaining legitimacy and eroding the Prussian/Russian/Austrian legitimacy there)
-Collision between core-core or homeland-core will cause trouble, but if the status-quo remains for a long time, the troubles could cease awas as cores reduced to claims

core=3: This will represent claims in the game, easy to gain but also easy to loose if you don't own them for some time
-CB will cost more badboy than core CB but cost less then outright conquest
-Protectories should be able to gain claim-cores if they have some primary POPs. This fits better for colonies in my opinion
-Claims will promote to standart cores if the province has majority of primary/accepted culture POPs(or something like 30-40%) after a fixed amount of time
-It should offer no bonus or penalty for assimilation
-Claims will be added/removed after a fixed amount of time if you own/don't own the province

Well these are my ideas anyway. Thanks for reading and apologies for my English

+1
I already thought about the claim/core division, but the Homeland provinces are an even greater idea.

Plus, capitals should attract a lot of pops regardless of cultures.

Vienna was a huge hub of Germans, Magyars, Poles, Croats and Serbs.

I my games it is mostly 97% South German and 3% Ashkenazi.

+1
I already thought about the claim/core division, but the Homeland provinces are an even greater idea.

Thank you, It was an idea I tamper with while at a game development course I enrolled. I believe it would fit perfectly with the game

Plus, capitals should attract a lot of pops regardless of cultures.

Vienna was a huge hub of Germans, Magyars, Poles, Croats and Serbs.

I my games it is mostly 97% South German and 3% Ashkenazi.

+1 but I think capitals should attract primarily middle strata POPs as it won't make sense if Vienna gains a Serbian minority with most of them being farmers throughout the game.

I think there should be a more detailed trade or more indepth strategic ownership of land(and ability to improve its power) kind of like EU4. I know by the time of victoria traditional trade routes did not work the way they did in EU as economy was more organized in state-national bourgouise and stuff....but it is so much fun to strategically take lands for your trade/economy, so something like that would be pretty cool.

-and yes, corporations are a must have-

Reactions:
I see alot of good ideas and super excited more people want to keep the game looking like it does. 100% agree its the best looking paradox game.
Anyways I would maybe like more interactions with the other AIs, like not only war subsidies but also send economic relief, or post-war help maybe. I wish also an option to ask nations to join in a war (maybe Great Wars) that are not allied with you. I'm thinking along the lines of enemy of the enemy. Not sure how war score and control would work. Maybe once there is a Great War you have the option to ask help from other Great Powers that are not allied to you or in the war (ask the U.S. to intervene for example) in diplomacy with them. And the possibility of coalitions against high infamy superpowers.

I think there should be an overhauled rebellion mechanic. Where if rebels seize control of a set number of provinces, or an entire state, there should be full civil war. The part occupied by rebels would in effect become a seperate country. Said pseudo-country would have very limited diplomatic powers, but a seperate capital, and a seperate flag (For instance, the communist part of Russia in event of civil war use the USSR's flag). It would also be known by the term 'Communist Insert-Country', as opposed to the internationally recognized government.

Countries should also have the ability to fund foreign rebels, albeit with an infamy cost if discovered. And can also have the ability to intervene on the rebel's behalf upon civil war. However only if the country and rebels are of the same political leanings/nationality, and if max relations are established with the rebel power.

I see alot of good ideas and super excited more people want to keep the game looking like it does. 100% agree its the best looking paradox game.
Anyways I would maybe like more interactions with the other AIs, like not only war subsidies but also send economic relief, or post-war help maybe. I wish also an option to ask nations to join in a war (maybe Great Wars) that are not allied with you. I'm thinking along the lines of enemy of the enemy. Not sure how war score and control would work. Maybe once there is a Great War you have the option to ask help from other Great Powers that are not allied to you or in the war (ask the U.S. to intervene for example) in diplomacy with them. And the possibility of coalitions against high infamy superpowers.
maybe when a great war starts the 2 sides get given names you know like the allies or the axis, then there is a political thing where the other great powers can try to entice any remaining great and secondary powers into joining their side. there could be a ling and the neutral nations lie in the middle, sometime the ai might decide not to take a side, but you can promise them territory, like i could offer italy tirol, dalmatia and istria, but maybe you are obligated to fullfill some of your promises.

I think there should be an overhauled rebellion mechanic. Where if rebels seize control of a set number of provinces, or an entire state, there should be full civil war. The part occupied by rebels would in effect become a seperate country. Said pseudo-country would have very limited diplomatic powers, but a seperate capital, and a seperate flag (For instance, the communist part of Russia in event of civil war use the USSR's flag). It would also be known by the term 'Communist Insert-Country', as opposed to the internationally recognized government.

The question then for the other powers would be when to recognise the rebel government formally.

Perhaps if the rebel government spreads and takes over the country, it could gain recognition.

Adding to it, I think it would be cool for previous governments to, upon rebels seizing the homeland, relocate to the colonies. If, of course, it is a Great or Secondary power. After which, GP/SPs could have an event to decide which government (Colonial-Exile or Revolutionary) they see as legitimite. Choosing either would give negative relations to the unchosen power.

+1 but I think capitals should attract primarily middle strata POPs as it won't make sense if Vienna gains a Serbian minority with most of them being farmers throughout the game.

That's the main issue with the POPs, the countries remains agrarian on the zenith of the Industrial Age.

In my last game as the US I had 500 industrial points ahead of the #2 (Germany) but 60% of my POPs were Farmers and Labourers, when that should my mostly craftsmen.

maybe when a great war starts the 2 sides get given names you know like the allies or the axis, then there is a political thing where the other great powers can try to entice any remaining great and secondary powers into joining their side. there could be a ling and the neutral nations lie in the middle, sometime the ai might decide not to take a side, but you can promise them territory, like i could offer italy tirol, dalmatia and istria, but maybe you are obligated to fullfill some of your promises.

Yeah or I'm thinking like WWI-ish style where alliences of alliences just kept rolling countries into the war. Also no need for alliences but only good relations (countries could join because of oppurtunism or dislike/fear of the other side)

In essence I think the Great War was one of the greatest additions in the expansions when I bought them, but I think they could be so much more.

Countries should also have the ability to fund foreign rebels, albeit with an infamy cost if discovered. And can also have the ability to intervene on the rebel's behalf upon civil war. However only if the country and rebels are of the same political leanings/nationality, and if max relations are established with the rebel power.

Totally agree, the rebels in V2 are extremely lacking. Rebellions tend to be these short lived ordeals which end in about a week. I mean why would anyone rebel with 3000 troops if an army of 50,000 is just a week's march away? maybe something like rioting that you can send a small army to to look after? instead of a rebel army rising, it would just be some riots that need to be suppressed.

btw, isn't that last part of yours about foreign countries funding rebellions a lot like intelligence in HOI?

I think in V3 the most important thing should be eliminating micromanagement of any kind (or making the effort stay mostly the same for large nations than small ones). That includes factory construction (which is important if you're not laissez faire) and railroad and fort construction. V2 is imo the most intersesting and engaging of all the pdx games, and i'd still play it if micro hadn't blackened my soul :sad: