• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Yup. Which is why I played Vicky 1 obsessively when it came out despite its (glaringly obvious) drawbacks. Vicky 2 was a bit of a let down (though still very enjoyable) because you still felt there was so much unfulfilled potential in the series.

However, with Chris King leaving Paradox, I'm not sure where the Vicky series stands now. I personally think the reason why Vicky always felt like it had so much potential which it failed to deliver on was because it was trying to do too much in one game. WW1, which was supposed to be covered by this game at some level, is not really covered at all by it, and this is a big dissapointment.

I hope Paradox will take the opportunity in the next game to sharpen just what it is that this game is supposed to do and not try to make it all things to all people. Alternatively, they could take the opportunity to fill the space Vicky fills in the Paradox canon with something else.

Attempting to perfectly model WW1 was never on the list for Victoria 2 to be honest. Not to say we wouldnt try in V3, I was missing a few things pretty badly that base design did not allow to add in expansions. Submarines and blockades for example.

Reactions:
How does this deal with counter offensives? Example: Army A attacks Army B, but Army B has an adjacent allied army C that in turn attacks Army A. So Army B defends against army A while army A will get attacked by Army C. How is that calculated/shown? It should be severly bad for Army A since even a small force should essentially attack it out of position and outflank it. Is Army C getting major boni for attacking its enemy unprepared for defense?
In HoI every combat is shown seperately and you receive a hefty combat penalty called "flanking" when you are attacked while attacking yourself.

Tbh, if we could get a mix between the CK2 and HoI kind of combat, it would be nice.
So basicially the attack starts when the move order is given, but you first have several days of recon and skirmish before the actual battle takes place. Tech progress could tinker with the chance for skirmishes and stuff, so that early game battles might take a week or two to actually progress from recon -> skirmish -> battle, while late wars could result into much earlier engagements.

Yeah I agree,

at least an option to leave a flat map in all the modes, like the actual v2, being less pc demanding

a flat map doesnt actually cost less rendering performance though

Reactions:
I personally would like to kill the Worldmarket with a sharp axe.

And make something a bit closer to V1, where you have more control of your resources.

Reactions: