• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hoi2geek

Lt. General
13 Badges
Jul 23, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
As I told Vaximillian a few days ago, I was doing a reboot of my now-dead map mod. With some time on my hands, I decided to post what I have right now on the current scheme of things. . .

First off, a few changes.

1) I'm now using local names for province names now, though some, like Ireland and a few cities (like Moscow, Cairo, and Beijing etc.) will retain their English names.
2) I'm going to be using a number of Romanization systems for the province names. . . .

Code:
Russian, Belarusian, and Ukrainian - a special Romanization system I developed by myself (which I'll give you in Attachment form later on)
Arabic - ALA/LC
Persian - UniPers
Hindi/other Devanagari language - National Library of Kolkata
Korean - Revised Romanization
Chinese - Pinyin
Japanese - Hepburn 
Greek - ISO 843
Hebrew - Hebrew Academy 2006

Also several versions are planned after the completion of the initial version. They are . . .

-1936: the initial version
-1914: designed for the 1914 scenario, and will rename some provinces to fit this reality.
-Kaiserreich: designed for the Kaiserreich scenario, and will rename some provinces to fit this reality.
-MDS2: designed for the MDS2 scenario, and will rename some provinces to fit this reality. Also includes some new provinces to add those areas that aren't covered by the first three maps (like Flevoland and Naypyidaw)
-Iron Giants: designed for the Iron Giants scenario, and will rename some provinces to fit this reality. This will be the map used for the mod once this map version is complete.
-Native version: this will rename some provinces to reflect other minorities (especially in Europe)

Screenshots c. 23 June, 2013

Here are now updates from the PNW reboot itself. Please note that updates will be irregular and I may have to put it on hiatus if need be, since I have other commitments (like updating my AAR of course).

7n3FjtA.png

General map of the areas currently done in PNW: the Reboot

H0Uafzc.png

Detail of Ireland and Wales (currently the only areas done in the British Isles)

DbMHPbB.png

Detail of France (doing this on a region-by-region basis)

Good luck, sir, you have a loooong road in front :)

We are all looking forward to the E3 map which is nearly done.

So, I don't know if the effort to do another map would be worthwhile?

What WOULD be worthwhile IMO, would be the pacific islands made much larger and more detailed, as I've always fancied doing a Pacific War mod. So really a BattleScenario.

THAT would be great!

Good luck! I'm excited to see how this goes. I particularly appreciate the idea of new names for the KR map

Make sure to only add provinces that matters, no adding provinces for the sake of it. We don't want an Iron Cross map.

What WOULD be worthwhile IMO, would be the pacific islands made much larger and more detailed, as I've always fancied doing a Pacific War mod. So really a BattleScenario.

THAT would be great!

Attention will be paid to the Pacific Islands (like the Marianas, Guam, Leyte, Hawaii, Bourgaineville, and countless others). They'll also be more detailed than E3

Good luck! I'm excited to see how this goes. I particularly appreciate the idea of new names for the KR map

Just send me a list of names to include, and I'll put them there.

Make sure to only add provinces that matters, no adding provinces for the sake of it. We don't want an Iron Cross map.

I wont turn this into an IC-esque map. Attention will be paid to. . .

-Administrative boundaries
-Historical boundaries
-Ethnolinguistic boundaries
-Important frontlines in WWI and WWII (as well as conflicts like the wars in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, and Syria)

Countless other guidelines will be posted as I continue with this.

Last edited:
How came I didn't notice it earlier?
Subscripting for the sake of impending awesomeness.

Yes, Limith said in a post that DH will probably not introduce the E3 map in the future, maybe this map could be introduced in future patches.

Yes, Limith said in a post that DH will probably not introduce the E3 map in the future, maybe this map could be introduced in future patches.

This is an important step forward! Australia needs dire help! Especially when AST is almost as big as the USA by land mass. and you get 10% the province count of the USA.

May as well spam some requests now lol Point Cook, Cockatoo Island, Pukapunyal, Whyalla, Woomera Range, (AST) Kokoda, (NEW GUINEA) Anzac Cove, (TUR/OTT)

No harm in asking right?

This is an important step forward! Australia needs dire help! Especially when AST is almost as big as the USA by land mass. and you get 10% the province count of the USA.

May as well spam some requests now lol Point Cook, Cockatoo Island, Pukapunyal, Whyalla, Woomera Range, (AST) Kokoda, (NEW GUINEA) Anzac Cove, (TUR/OTT)

No harm in asking right?

Sorry I haven't responded for a long time, but Australia will definitely be covered.