• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ikarases

Field Marshal
17 Badges
Jul 2, 2012
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
List of Changes​

Several provinces have modified infrastructure. It just didn't feel right to me that a "marsh" province more over 100 kilometers from the impassable center of the Pinsh Marshes had 20%, while "plain" provinces around it had 60%.

Created Baltic Union.

Lowered Międzymorze's national unity from 70% to 65% (note that NU actually means something in HPP unlike in vanilla).

Added ministers and leaders to Międzymorze and Baltic Union.

And a few suprises I won't give out until you see them in the AAR :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ikar being Ikar... A new AAR already:eek:o

Hm, already? You can consider Czechoslovakia to be done, since the way I wanted the game to work didn't work (unless you want to see Czechoslovakia liberating your home country). The thing was that after Japan gets out of the Axis, I'll leave the Allies and re-form the Axis (I had NS party in power, remember?) and then I could do what Germany failed to accomplish! :)

subscribed

Thanks.

By the way, the game could be started right now, yet I don't feel like it right now, since I've spent the whole weekend modding it. So, not today guys.

Latvian just told me yesterday that "looking at the AAR section (nowadays) kills me", so at least one guy around here will be happy and that's my point :p

Yep, AAR is pretty much dead right now! :p

Modified the first post! And don't be shy to ask me if something is unclear; I won't be angered like your teacher would be :D

So we are in the Baltic union?

Haha, nope.

Just google "Międzymorze". That should give you a general idea of what I'll try to do :)

Double-checking for the win. I found out that Lithuania starts out with no OOB, since the OOB directory has changed from FtM. Quite interesting!

I've more or less re-dug the whole concept of Międzymorze yesterday, I'd like to post an update (or two) this weekend. School has already started pounding me, so it'll be a survival now till Christmas, yahey! :p

Chapter 0: Modifications

Imagine Piłsudski’s dream of Intermarium still living. Imagine Dmowski not messing up his plans. Imagine the map of Polish advance after the battle of Warsaw...

Wait, I have it right here! But damn, that’s the map before it. Either way, Poles kicked the Soviet ass in the end!

tjuf.png

And this is how Poland looks now in ‘36, yet the provinces are sometimes way too big for adjustments. Though the towns marked as Polish controlled are Międzymorzian now and Soviet controlled towns are still Soviet.

5dz.gif

(Dammit game! Learn to write Czech and Polish letters!)

You also might want to ask about cores distribution. I’ve found a linguistic map of Poland, though a little a bit non-current, but the borders with Soviets were made 15 years ago and the other countries didn’t fall into the spiral of persecution just like the Soviets did, so I was confident about its usage.

yol3.jpg

And here’s my cores distribution according to the map above.

rl7.gif

You might want to ask; why do I have cores on newly added portions of Belarus and Ukraine, especially when my territory modifications added only about a million of ethnic Poles into Międzymorze? Because the Soviets do so. If they had no cores there, I would go with non-cores as well. Sometimes the cores aren't just enough to describe the situation...

Both Ukrainians and Byelorussians wanted to have an independent state, yet the political situation in Poland didn’t allowed that. In my game, I don’t want to have two buffer states with 9 IC, which would be steamrolled in the minute of declaration of the war. Let alone these would be would be hard to mod in as well, though HPP has a basis for them already. Anyway, I’d rather chose Poland over USSR all day at those times and that's a pretty good excuse too :D

Speaking of cores, they’re pretty plausibly distributed, but I had a choice to make; add cores whenever the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth extended in the past, or do it simply the Polish way. Three days ago, you could’ve found that I had cores all the way to Daugava, cores on the territory of post-war Poland and even had ceded Trinidad and Tobago into Polish possession. As you can see, I’ve chosen the latter, “less-crazy” variant.

And what happened to all the Soviet army that is on the newly ceded territory?

It’s all mine now! Yet OOB files still remain as my greatest enemy...

snw.gif

Even with my best efforts, the Soviet army in Europe has about 380 thousand personnel and the Polish slightly above 190 thousand soldiers. I didn’t add the whole Ukraine and whole Belarus to Poland, since besides it would look ugly, it would also probably lead Poland to be on par with the Soviets in both IC and numbers. Combine that with me and you’ll get something like Międzymorze taking on Germany in 1940 with East already secured. This way, Poland (it’s just basically Poland at the moment, so I’ll call it that way until I’ll get my hands on some more territory, e.g. above) stays competitive, with the old enemy in the east and the ambitious rising power in the west.

Alright, I really don’t want to swarm you with way too much text, so I’ll separate this “modifications” chapter the real introduction chapter. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
You have a very large army there courtesy of the Soviets... have you considered disbanding some of it to increase the challenge?

I've a challenge prepared on my own. I don't even have the manpower to mobilize without an MP kick. You'll find out soon enough what I've done to the game! :)

allies, axis, comintern or keeping own way?

I could actually go Axis, but then we would destroy the SU bad. I guess being independent would be the most interesting way for me to go, but joining the Allies could basically have the same challenge...

I'll never ever get to join the Comintern though ;)

Chapter I: Introduction

At first, I’ll start aligning to Allies. One cannot really spoil anything with this.

qnj.gif

I’ve actually taken away the ’36 infantry AT weapons from Poland, but I’ve added the whole AT gun technology. Nothing too overpowered, I guess.

vd2t.gif

In the tank technology, I gave Poland the IST technologies just for the feel and also the ability to build MTs right in ’36. LTs seem to be a waste of resources to me, not unless you at least have MECH and SUP (M) to exploit their slightly higher speed over ARM.

ft1f.gif

I think I’ve added just the Census Machine here in the Industry tab.

osj.gif

In the doctrines, I’ve pulled three of them from their ’18 levels, other than that they’re the very same. In case you're wondering, I'm going the all-Firepower way.

adr.gif

In the politics, my goal is to keep the PA party in power. You can get better occupation policies and laws this way.

wks.gif

And this is the event I’ve used to destroy the former Soviet fortifications (Stalin line) in Poland, to prevent myself from getting an advantage, which wouldn’t be historically granted. This removed level 4 forts from about 15 provinces in Poland.

v1yv.gif

And that’s it for this one. I’ll try to get the AAR updated with the game today, so expect 20 more screenshots :)