• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What do you hope "Project Mayhem" will be when announced next week?

• Victoria 2 or a game in the same time period

Votes: 339 27,0%
  • Crusader Kings 2 or a game in the same time period

Votes: 132 10,5%
  • Hearts of Iron 3 or a game in the same time period

Votes: 281 22,4%
  • A game covering the Dark Ages (c. 400-1100 CE)

Votes: 136 10,8%
  • A post-Rome game set in the Roman Imperial Era

Votes: 12 1,0%
  • A pre-Rome game set in the Greek City State Era

Votes: 24 1,9%
  • A WWI-era version of Hearts of Iron

Votes: 42 3,3%
  • A Crusader Kings-style game set in Medieval China or Japan

Votes: 26 2,1%
  • A Cold War era game

Votes: 112 8,9%
  • A grand strategy title set in a fantasy world

Votes: 51 4,1%
  • A new MMO-RPG game

Votes: 10 0,8%
  • Something other than the choices offered

Votes: 23 1,8%
  • Only Bib knows, and he's not sharing the info!

Votes: 68 5,4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flooper X said:
Another clue that makes it seem like it is HoI3:
As we all know, it takes 70 years for water to turn into Ramlösa.
When project mayhem is released (probably in 2009) it will be 70 years since the start of world war 2

How can it NOT be HoI3? :eek:
:rolleyes:

mandead said:
If it's about Greece I'm gonna be seriously pissed off now. :(

Like me, I mean, at least Rome had some diversity (Greeks, Romans, Iberians, Germanics, Persians, etc...) but a Greek game, what? Greeks vs Greeks? It'd be goddamn boring having Hoplites, Toxotes, Peltast and all those Greek troops as only troop selections. I mean, at least HOI3, Vicky2 or even a Dark Ages game could have Vikings against Arabians and such...

redline said:
How can you NOT see it?
WW2 is the water, and Project Mayhem is the Ramlösa. it takes 70 years for it to go from oneto the other.
Strawberry/Lime are new tastes of Ramlösa, hinting that we will get a new taste of an old game, coupled up with the rest, it points clearly to HoI3.

It just proves what I have known for so long, that the identity of Project Mayhem IS in fact hidden in Johans title/location.
typotux_045.gif

Flooper X said:
How can you NOT see it?
WW2 is the water, and Project Mayhem is the Ramlösa. it takes 70 years for it to go from oneto the other.
Strawberry/Lime are new tastes of Ramlösa, hinting that we will get a new taste of an old game, coupled up with the rest, it points clearly to HoI3.

It just proves what I have known for so long, that the identity of Project Mayhem IS in fact hidden in Johans title/location.
typotux_045.gif
So what about the Oracle and Delphi things ? :D

Fernando Torres said:
So what about the Oracle and Delphi things ? :D
Johan replaced them. :(

I'm sure that the Oracle thing was a "laughing at ourselves" from Paradox, do you remember this (or past, I don't remember) April Fools was about an expansion for Rome "Armageddon Deus Vult Revolutions".

Tunn said:
The game will start in Antiquity, going through the Middle Ages, the timeline of EU, industrial age, WW1, WW2, Cold War, until present times - EU Rome + CK +EU + Vicky + HOI... What could you want more? :p

Super-Mega Campaigns FTW.

mandead said:

Ditto

I still say we need more games which span the entire world, no matter the timeline.

Rome and CK made me :( that I could not play as, say, China or an Indian State during those times. It would have been interesting, I would think.

mandead said:

I couldn't agree more !

Flooper X said:
How can you NOT see it?

typotux_045.gif
Im not surprised that you guys made these connections between Johans title/location, but that HE did them in the first place. :eek:
But I guess that it show us that Johan is more than just a game developer :p

Wetew said:
Im not surprised that you guys made these connections between Johans title/location, but that HE did them in the first place. :eek:
What I'm most surprised about is that my sarcasm seems to be mistaken for seriousness :eek:

Just out of curiosity I broke the votes down by time period:

1917+: 467 votes (36.9%)
1400-1900: 322 votes (25.4%)
400-1400: 291 votes (23.0%)
Prior to 400: 36 votes (2.8%)
Other/NA: 149 votes (11.8%)

It's interesting to see just how little forum interest there is in another game set in the ancient world. Despite Johan's Oracular avatar a few days ago, I'd be very surprised if the new game were to be anything ancient.

Knight Richard said:
And yet again, another poll shows that the majority of the paradox fans want vicky 2!

In anycase, just a couple of hours until the GC starts
sorry. Maybe one day.