• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Skarion said:
Most people want Vicky 2 but I dont think that it can be properly done with the current engine.

:rofl: not properly done??

Skarion said:
I ment that I don't think that it can be done in the way that the average Paradoxian want it to be done.

1) there is no average paradoxian opinion.
2) we could make a victoria2 exactly like victoria1 in the new engine, at a much quicker time than it took to do it in the old engine.

I simply don't get why you'd think that..

And now if you go..

a) 'but there is no historical events.'. well.. it is not as if takes more than 20 minutes to make sure events work on given dates for given countries.

b) "there is no scripted historical ai". ehh.. the engine handles it nicely, just look at In Nomine's advanced scripting logic.

c) feature x does not exists or works differently. :eek:

Now I am not saying we're doing Victoria 2.. nor that if we made it that it would be exactly like the original..

HOWEVER.. if a game is not exactly like its predecessor, it is not due to engine-limitations ( we can actually change it if we need.) it is due to what makes a game actually FUN to play and will sell.

理想的中国 said:
Posts don't count in here, and my post was not just "spam spam spam" :D

they used to.. but people posting stuff like that got their postcount reset and threads deleted.. causing work for me.

Ahura Mazda said:
Johan's new title and location speaks loud and clear, but why would he give us such an obvious hint? And if it actually is an ancient greek game, why isn't it an expansion to Rome?

hmm.. ? :p