• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The file looks ok to me.
Try this: it's an updated work in progress version https://www.sendspace.com/file/kvnlsm

Thanks, the problem was on my side with Winrar somehow not managing to open the archives - I downloaded 7-zip and they open fine.

Though I do not plan on playing with Italy right now, I think I'll still install your mod, so AI Italy will get a more historical OOB - does the mod play fine with the AI?

Thanks, the problem was on my side with Winrar somehow not managing to open the archives - I downloaded 7-zip and they open fine.

Though I do not plan on playing with Italy right now, I think I'll still install your mod, so AI Italy will get a more historical OOB - does the mod play fine with the AI?
I never had problems when playing with other nations, and you should get the historical cabinet in 1940 if the AI chooses the right path in the events.
If you're playing with Germany, remember to help the Italians to guard their beaches, because they will get heavy maluses and eventually surrender if their national provinces are invaded!
Let me know if you like my mod and if you find any bugs!

Ciao,
Is this compatible with other mods? Also, are these full campaigns (like 1914-1960) or scenarii?

Grazie!

Is this compatible with other mods?
Only with graphical mods. Project Italy is conceived as a seamless improvement over "vanilla" Darkest Hour.
Also, are these full campaigns (like 1914-1960) or scenarii?
The campaigns are the same of Darkest Hour, with the possibility of playing with Italy also in the 1944 and 1945 campaigns. The only new battlescenario is the 1866 Third War of Independence.

Fixed an important bug!
Now the ITA units in Abyssinia shouldn't switch to U49 when AI Italy liberates AOI (U49)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/bkzcha

I plan to check again the Enciclopedia Militare next week and see if I can improve the WW1 leaders further...

Hello to everybody.

it's the first time that I write in this forum. I believe can be of help this site: http://www.lastoriasiamonoi.rai.it/puntate/if-gli-eroi-del-primo-aprile/478/default.aspx

it is a program of the Italian public tv that hypothesizes a coup d'état of Balbo, De Bono, Grandi and Ciano (“la congiura della barbette”) with the support of the monarchy and the Vatican April 1 st 1940. The program recalls the “what if style” of BBC and History Channel.

Arrest of Mussolini, Installation of a Quadrumvirato, improvement of the relationships with UK (thanks to Grandi) and USA (thanks to Balbo).

From here the player can have various options as for instance:

• neutrality with the project of "Patto Latino - Latin Pact" (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Romania etc), an alliance of fascist european states.

• questions of territorial revision in Africa in exchange for the neutrality or for alliance (more options)

• alliance with USA at the end of the conflict in forecast of a clash with USSR, as in this novel https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occidente_(romanzo) , there is also an italian expedition corp of 15000 men to support USA in Vietnam in the Sixties…

• etc etc
A further possibility, if Italy regularly enters war, that I have read years ago in a novel "Gli Scorpioni del Deserto" of Hugo Pratt, it is the declaration of independence of Italian Oriental Africa under the viceroy Amedeo of Savoia-Aosta, with the support of the SouthAfrica that had interest to create other states governed by white minorities.

There are also 2 interesting novels:

• “L'estate e l'inverno” di Maurizio Viano; Hitler and Mussolini died in July '44 so Western Allies made peace and Italy was divided in 2, RSI at North and Kingdom of Italy at South.

• “Supplemento d'indagine” di Pierfrancesco Prosperi; North of Italy was invaded by URSS and in 1989-90 the situation is like DDR/FDR after the fall of URSS.

A little update: I'm working on a battlescenario set during Operation Compass, that is the recapture of Western Egypt and the conquest of Cyrenaica by the British forces in the winter of 1940-1941. I hope you'll like it!

compass.jpg

By the way, I could use some information on the British naval forces stationed in Alexandria during Operation Compass.

I will release the new version of Project Italy in a few days. Here's how the Compass scenario looks like:
compass.jpg

The land, naval and air OOBs for the British and the Italians are as accurate as possible.

Among minor changes: AOI will have its own newspaper.
corriere.jpg

Which scenario would work best if I want as Democratic Italy through World War II? And could I play from WWI until the 1950s or would I need to start from another bookmark?

PROJECT ITALY FOR DARKEST HOUR 1.05.1 v.2019
DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j7z678edoede7ek/PROJECT+ITALY+for+1.05.1+v.2019.zip (40.79 MB)

Main features of this update:
- Operation Compass battlescenario
- completely revised leaders of WW1: now the database includes almost every divisional commander in the war, plus a few old guard generals that were historically recalled in service (for garrison duty, or alt-history if you prefer)
- all the Alpini commanders now have mountaineer instead of commando trait
- added some ministers
- improved/rebalanced tech teams
- minor graphics improvements

Please write your comments about the new scenario! If you like it, I might consider to create more of them (Operation Husky? Invasion of Greece? let me know you suggestions)
Have fun!

Which scenario would work best if I want as Democratic Italy through World War II? And could I play from WWI until the 1950s or would I need to start from another bookmark?
This mod is focused on historical events, so you get to play with the Kingdom of the South (later Democratic Italy, if you decide so) only in the 1944 and 1945 scenarios. You can use cheats and/or ad hoc events to turn Italy into Democratic Italy from the 1930s, but you won't get any events and the leaders/ministers/tech teams will be pretty messed up. Anyway, rebuilding Italy after WW2 and taking part in WW3 is quite fun, especially if the Soviets manage to create a Communist Italy puppet in the North so you'll have to deal with a civil war.
If you want to play from WW2 to the 1950s you should install other mods which allow this feature. Project Italy is a sort of "unofficial patch" over DH, so the main features of the game (in this case, the separation between WW1 and WW2) are the same.

Thank you very much, as you always do good jobs, we will let you know, it would be interesting a historic campaign only on the war in Africa both in Libya and in East Africa 1940-1943, as a battle scenario, similar to the Compass. This is just an opinion.

Scusate, chiedo quì perchè mi sembra ci siano italiani...c'è da qualche parte qualcosa per localizzare in italiano il mod TGC (INTENDO QUELLO LISCIO ORIGINALE)?....purtroppo mi ritrovo molte stringe vuote (descrizioni tecnologie, nomi, messaggi) esiste?

There's something to locate the TGC (original) mod in Italian language? .... unfortunately I find many empty strings (technology descriptions, names, messages) exist?

PROJECT ITALY FOR DARKEST HOUR 1.05.1 v.2019
DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j7z678edoede7ek/PROJECT+ITALY+for+1.05.1+v.2019.zip (40.79 MB)

Main features of this update:
- Operation Compass battlescenario
- completely revised leaders of WW1: now the database includes almost every divisional commander in the war, plus a few old guard generals that were historically recalled in service (for garrison duty, or alt-history if you prefer)
- all the Alpini commanders now have mountaineer instead of commando trait
- added some ministers
- improved/rebalanced tech teams
- minor graphics improvements

Please write your comments about the new scenario! If you like it, I might consider to create more of them (Operation Husky? Invasion of Greece? let me know you suggestions)
Have fun!

This mod is focused on historical events, so you get to play with the Kingdom of the South (later Democratic Italy, if you decide so) only in the 1944 and 1945 scenarios. You can use cheats and/or ad hoc events to turn Italy into Democratic Italy from the 1930s, but you won't get any events and the leaders/ministers/tech teams will be pretty messed up. Anyway, rebuilding Italy after WW2 and taking part in WW3 is quite fun, especially if the Soviets manage to create a Communist Italy puppet in the North so you'll have to deal with a civil war.
If you want to play from WW2 to the 1950s you should install other mods which allow this feature. Project Italy is a sort of "unofficial patch" over DH, so the main features of the game (in this case, the separation between WW1 and WW2) are the same.
Have you chatted up other big league modders from this board about inclusion of your mod into others, notably World in Flames 2?

Coming soon... "Emergency G", or the 1940 invasion of Greece!

gree.jpg

Will you break the kidneys of Greece?
Will you say "NO!" to the Italian invader?
This battlescenario will tell...

By the way, I could use some help with Greek language. If any of you speaks Greek, can you help me with the spelling of the names in the Greek OOB? Thank you!

Code:
##################################
##    Greek Army        ##
##################################

landunit =
   { id = { type = 15500 id = 1 }
     location = 367 # Ioannina
    # leader = Charalambos Katsimitros
     name = "VIII Merarchia Pezikou"
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 2 }
       name = "VIII Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       type = infantry
       model = 8
      }
    }

landunit =
   { id = { type = 15500 id = 3 }
     location = 366 # Kozani
    leader = 90025 # Pitsikas
     name = "Tmima Stratias Dytikis Makedonias" # Western Macedonia
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 4 }
       name = "TSDM"
       strength = 50
       type = hq
       model = 3
      }
    }

landunit =
   { id = { type = 15500 id = 5 }
     location = 368 # Larissa
    leader = 90020 # Papadopoulos
     name = "B. Soma Stratou"
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 6 }
       name = "I Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       model = 8
       type = infantry
      }
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 7 }
       name = "IX Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       type = infantry
       model = 8
       extra = cavalry_brigade
       brigade_model = 9
      }
    }

landunit =
   { id = { type = 15500 id = 8 }
     location = 365 # Thessaloniki
    leader = 90034 # Tsolakoglu
     name = "C. Soma Stratou"
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 9 }
       name = "X Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       type = infantry
       model = 8
      }
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 10 }
       name = "XI Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       type = infantry
       model = 8
      }
    }

landunit =
   { id = { type = 15500 id = 11 }
     location = 365 # Thessaloniki
    leader = 90028 # Stanotas
     name = "Merarchia Ippikou"
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 12 }
       name = "Merarchia Ippikou"
       strength = 100
       type = cavalry
       model = 8
      }
    }

landunit =
   { id = { type = 15500 id = 13 }
     location = 364 # Kavala
    leader = 90004 # Drakos
     name = "Tmima Stratias Kavalas"
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 14 }
       name = "TSAM"
       strength = 50
       type = hq
       model = 3
      }
    }

landunit =
   { id = { type = 15500 id = 15 }
     location = 364 # Kavala
    #leader = Panagiotis Deves
     name = "Omas Merarchion"
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 16 }
       name = "VI Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       model = 8
       type = infantry
      }
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 17 }
       name = "XVII Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       type = infantry
       model = 8
      }
    }

landunit =
   { id = { type = 15500 id = 18 }
     location = 364 # Kavala
    #leader = Georgios Kosmas
     name = "D. Soma Stratou"
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 19 }
       name = "VII Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       type = infantry
       model = 8
      }
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 20 }
       name = "XIV Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       type = infantry
       model = 8
      }
    }

landunit =
   { id = { type = 15500 id = 21 }
     location = 370 # Alexandruopoli
    leader = 90063 # Bakoupoulos
     name = "E. Soma Stratou"
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 22 }
       name = "XII Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       type = infantry
       model = 8
      }
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 23 }
       name = "XIII Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       type = infantry
       model = 8
      }
    }

landunit =
   { id = { type = 15500 id = 24 }
     location = 377 # Athens
    leader = 90022 # Papagos
     name = "Geniko Archigeio Stratou"
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 25 }
       name = "Geniko Archigeio Stratou"
       strength = 100
       type = hq
       model = 3
      }
    }

landunit =
   { id = { type = 15500 id = 26 }
     location = 377 # Athens
    leader = 90002 # Demestichas
     name = "A. Soma Stratou"
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 27 }
       name = "II Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       type = infantry
       model = 8
      }
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 28 }
       name = "III Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       type = infantry
       model = 8
      }
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 29 }
       name = "IV Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       type = infantry
       model = 8
      }
    }

landunit =
   { id = { type = 15500 id = 30 }
     location = 382 # Crete
    #leader = Georgios Papastergiou
     name = "V Merarchia Pezikou"
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 31 }
       name = "V Merarchia Pezikou"
       strength = 100
       type = infantry
       model = 8
      }
    }

landunit =
   { id = { type = 15500 id = 32 }
     location = 369 # Metsovo
    #leader = Konstantinos Davakis
     name = "Apospasma Pindou"
     Division =
     { id = { type = 15500 id = 33 }
       name = "51. Syntagmatos Pezikou"
       strength = 15
       type = infantry
       model = 8
      }
    }

##### Hellenic Navy

navalunit = {
        id = { type = 15500 id = 100 }
        name = "Vasilikon Naftikon"
        location = 377
        base = 377
    leader = 90045 # Sakellariou
        division = {
            id = { type = 15500 id = 101 }
            name = "Metagogiko Stoliskos"
            type = transport
            model = 0
            }
        division = {
            id = { type = 15500 id = 102 }
            name = "Ypovrychio Stoliskos"
            type = submarine
            model = 3
            }
        }
    navalunit = {
        id = { type = 15500 id = 103 }
        name = "Polemikos Stolos"
        location = 377
        base = 377
    #leader = Epameinondas Kavvadias
        division = {
            id = { type = 15500 id = 104 }
            name = "Georgios Averoff"
            type = heavy_cruiser
            model = 2
            }
        division = {
            id = { type = 15500 id = 105 }
            name = "1. Stoliskos Antitorpillikon"
            type = destroyer
            model = 2
            }
        division = {
            id = { type = 15500 id = 106 }
            name = "2. Stoliskos Antitorpillikon"
            type = destroyer
            model = 5
            }
        }
airunit = {
    id = { type = 19111 id = 200 }
    name = "Elliniki Vasiliki Aeroporia"
    location = 377
    base = 377
    #leader = Panagiotis Gazis
    division = {
        id = { type = 19111 id = 201 }
        name = "Moira Dioxis"
        strength = 45
        type = interceptor
        model = 8
        }
    division = {
        id = { type = 19111 id = 202 }
        name = "Moira Vomvardistika"
        strength = 33
        type = tactical_bomber
        model = 5
        }
    }
  }

Thank you very much, as you always do good jobs, we will let you know, it would be interesting a historic campaign only on the war in Africa both in Libya and in East Africa 1940-1943, as a battle scenario, similar to the Compass. This is just an opinion.
Battlescenarios are mostly suited to small campaigns (a few months long at most). I think that the whole 1940-1943 North African campaign couldn't be properly represented in a battlescenario, due to the enormous amount of variables. Smaller operations within the campaign (Sonnenblume, Battleaxe...), maybe.

Have you chatted up other big league modders from this board about inclusion of your mod into others, notably World in Flames 2?
If other modders want to use a part or all of this mod, they're welcome!

is there a way to add absolute monarchy with vittorio as head of government in this?
You mean an absolute monarchy with king Vittorio Emanuele III as both head of state and head of government?