• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ah ok, I understand for the events in practice the written not appear.
In fact, the RSI is a company and already with Italy to enter in June 1940 is a gamble. Too bad, it was true that the RSI had many problems to organize both for lack of German will and for a compromised situation. In practice since September 1943, Italians are out of the game. I thought it could be improved a bit since the war from 1943 is also lost for Germany.

I took the time to fully translate the mod into Italian. I also added some content (more generals, one missing pic, etc) and fixed/improved some other things. I added another audio file: the speech by Italo Balbo at Madison Square Garden in 1933.
Below, on the right: you can see (in Italian) the new event regarding the death of General Alberto Pollio: now you can decide between General Luigi Cadorna (the King's historical choice) and the other candidate, General Settimio Piacentini.
traduzza.jpg

I will playtest some more, then I'll release the update. It will probably be one of the last updates, if not the final.

Is there gonna be an event chain that will lead to a Viva Balbo scenario (Italy fights together with Britain and France against Germany and italian fascism survives after ww2) in the future? I don't ask something in few months from now, just if there's some interest in doing something like that.

In the mod project italy are missing the pics of Pino Romualdi, Roberto Farinacci, Fernando Mezzasoma, Vittorio Foschini, Piero Parini, Francesco Maria Barracu, Mario Arillo, Mario Marini. They are ministers of the Rsi, their images are not there.

In the mod project italy are missing the pics of Pino Romualdi, Roberto Farinacci, Fernando Mezzasoma, Vittorio Foschini, Piero Parini, Francesco Maria Barracu, Mario Arillo, Mario Marini. They are ministers of the Rsi, their images are not there.
Thanks for your feedback. I made these pictures but forgot to add them in the folder. I will add their pictures in the next update. Actually, I couldn't find any picture for Vittorio Foschini, so he will remain without a face...
Is there gonna be an event chain that will lead to a Viva Balbo scenario (Italy fights together with Britain and France against Germany and italian fascism survives after ww2) in the future? I don't ask something in few months from now, just if there's some interest in doing something like that.
What would your divergence point be? I believe before 1935, with the sanctions imposed on Italy because of the war in Ethiopia: at this point, Italy and Germany were de facto allied.

Balbo convinces Mussolini that Hitler is not trustworthy with his ambitions and that he's not worth the end of Austrian Fascism, Stresa Line continues until Anschluss.

New/revised events: now Austria-Hungary gives Trento (and possibly Trieste) only after the victory in WW1; and the death of the Italian minister of Foreign Affairs Paternò Castello, who is replaced by Sydney Sonnino if he's in the cabinet. Note that the Concessions to Italy event chain is different from the one that has been introduced in the 1.05 patch IIRC, as it excludes the (insane!) option to offer the whole Dalmatian coast: historically, the von Bülow mission only proposed the cession of Trento, with the addition of Trieste being the only belivable a-historical alternative.
nwnew.jpg

Balbo convinces Mussolini that Hitler is not trustworthy with his ambitions and that he's not worth the end of Austrian Fascism, Stresa Line continues until Anschluss.
Then the Ethiopian War shouldn't happen because Mussolini attacked Ethiopia in revenge for the Anglo-German Naval Agreement which, in his eyes, had broken the Stresa Front. Who knows what would have happened if Hitler and Mussolini had found themselves at loggerheads over Austria? Maybe Hungary would have joined Italy, but I believe that the UK and France wouldn't have been eager to take part in such a war.

Here's the new update of Project Italy for Darkest Hour 1.05.1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7mh3nql239och7h/PROJECT+ITALY+ENG-ITA+for+1.05.1.rar (36.6 MB)
The main feature, as anticipated, is the full translation into Italian. Other changes include:
- added missing pictures
- Italo Balbo speech in New York
- improved events (death of Pollio, Austrian concessions to Italy, post-ww2 liberation of Italy, etc)
- reworked RSI cabinet
- added a few more leaders
- more unitnames for U07

There are events for RSI and Kingdom of Italy (After 8 September) ?????
Yes, the are events for the Kingdom of Italy about the Italian reunification, the Constitutional Referendum, various governments and elections, and the Trust Territory of Somaliland. For the RSI, there are a couple of fictional events about a Constituent Assembly and the election of the successor of Mussolini.
If you want, you can download this work-in-progress version which is slightly improved over the latest release: https://www.sendspace.com/file/7sh1y7

Here's an example of what I found: generals Basso, Carignani, Cordero di Montezemolo, Ruelle, and Sagramoso.
basso 2.jpg
carignani.jpg
cordero 2.jpg
sagramoso 2.jpg
ruelle 2.jpg
Oddly enough, not even the Military Encyclopedia has a picture of General (then Colonel) Rosolino Poggi, chief of Intelligence at the start of the 1914 scenario. This man is a real master of shadows!

Besides the addition of new pictures, I want to reorganize the leaders list for WW1: the rank of Maggior Generale (= "Maj. General") was actually equivalent to brigade commander until 1918, when Brig. Generals were created to command brigades and Maj. Generals commanded divisions. Until 1918, the command of divisions was assigned to Tenenti Generali (= "Lt. Generals"). Indeed, the rank of Tenente Generale was converted in the '20s into Generale di Divisione (= "Division General", equivalent to Maj. General), not Generale di Corpo d'Armata (= "Army Corps General", equivalent to Lt. General). So, I want to get rid of many Maj. Generals who historically never commanded divisions, and focus only on those generals who actually had a divisional or higher assignment. Less but better!

Another change that I want to make, is to assign to the commanders of Alpine divisions the trait of "mountaineer" instead of "commando", in both WW1 and 2. This, because most of these generals also commanded regular infantry units or even armored units! So, if one wants to make an historical OOB, these leaders with a "commando" trait would give a malus to the non-alpine units that they historically commanded! While the "mountaineer" trait gives a bonus to all divisions on a mountainous terrain. I also think that the "mountaineer" trait fits more the Alpini commanders because the Alpini units, although specially trained for mountain warfare, were not small elite forces, but large division sized units. The "commando" trait will be reserved to the commanders of airborne and marines divisions.

Here's an example of what I found: generals Basso, Carignani, Cordero di Montezemolo, Ruelle, and Sagramoso.
Oddly enough, not even the Military Encyclopedia has a picture of General (then Colonel) Rosolino Poggi, chief of Intelligence at the start of the 1914 scenario. This man is a real master of shadows!

Besides the addition of new pictures, I want to reorganize the leaders list for WW1: the rank of Maggior Generale (= "Maj. General") was actually equivalent to brigade commander until 1918, when Brig. Generals were created to command brigades and Maj. Generals commanded divisions. Until 1918, the command of divisions was assigned to Tenenti Generali (= "Lt. Generals"). Indeed, the rank of Tenente Generale was converted in the '20s into Generale di Divisione (= "Division General", equivalent to Maj. General), not Generale di Corpo d'Armata (= "Army Corps General", equivalent to Lt. General). So, I want to get rid of many Maj. Generals who historically never commanded divisions, and focus only on those generals who actually had a divisional or higher assignment. Less but better!

Another change that I want to make, is to assign to the commanders of Alpine divisions the trait of "mountaineer" instead of "commando", in both WW1 and 2. This, because most of these generals also commanded regular infantry units or even armored units! So, if one wants to make an historical OOB, these leaders with a "commando" trait would give a malus to the non-alpine units that they historically commanded! While the "mountaineer" trait gives a bonus to all divisions on a mountainous terrain. I also think that the "mountaineer" trait fits more the Alpini commanders because the Alpini units, although specially trained for mountain warfare, were not small elite forces, but large division sized units. The "commando" trait will be reserved to the commanders of airborne and marines divisions.

L'ultima foto conosciuta di Rosolino Poggi...
Mister-X.jpg

Nome completo dell'opera?
It's called Enciclopedia Militare - Arte, biografia, geografia, storia, tecnica militare (Il Popolo d'Italia 1927-1933 in six volumes)