• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
mox
cokax
vegun

i have new questions .

Are robots playing are major Role in this conflict ?
From a economic point it would far more cheaper just to use robots .
So are there massiv robotic Armys in this mod ?

Hey KM!

I got that tech tree stuff from K a few days ago... I was perusing the forum, as you do... and I came across the MDS2 mod, the guys needed help, so I started helping them... and got "sucked in" to a mod that I never intended to get into... I'm sure you understand my "having to" as the mod looks GREAT and deserves to be in the full dh map...

But apologies, I've not forgotten about you, I'm just dilly dallying on the way....

Right, no worries - there's no rush for implementation until I have the map sorted and that's still a way off.

Re: those posting names, thank you, I'll update in a moment; I've not been on the forums for a couple of days so I'll be a bit slow since I have catch up to run.

i have new questions .

Are robots playing are major Role in this conflict ?
From a economic point it would far more cheaper just to use robots .
So are there massiv robotic Armys in this mod ?

Humanity has had issues with creating stable AI's - The usage of robotic assistants is commonplace but things still require human supervision. Robotic augmentation of human forces is limited to equipment. Robotics are unable to react fast enough in tactical situations without human intervention. Finally due to the resource short-falls on Earth and the fact that a massive amount of resources was channeled into forming the Earth Directorate and then the Earth Government Fleet means that copper is on the government controlled substances list. Robot tech can be researched if access to resources is gained and expanded upon planetside, but it will not be present at the game start and if/when Robotic units are added they'll be high toughness/high defense brigades at maximum with a high IC cost to represent their material costs and the fact that they're prototypical almost. Acquisition of Alien tech may solve some issues with roboticisation however.

There may also be events about robots going rogue and causing morale (dissent) hits, with perhaps robot brigades causing a slight org malus to represent soldier's distrust of these non-supervised autonomous war machines (would you really trust one?)

There may also be events about robots going rogue and causing morale (dissent) hits, with perhaps robot brigades causing a slight org malus to represent soldier's distrust of these non-supervised autonomous war machines (would you really trust one?)

That'd be a pretty cool. If the humans are not planning on exterminating the aliens, then it could be possible for a relations boost with other aliens if you hunt down and kill these rogue robots.

I had envisioned going rogue in the way the Taliban are currently embedding nutjobs into the Afghan National Army that go after their trainers before being taken down. This would be why even 'reliable' machines wouldn't be employed in larger than brigade sized units.

I had envisioned going rogue in the way the Taliban are currently embedding nutjobs into the Afghan National Army that go after their trainers before being taken down. This would be why even 'reliable' machines wouldn't be employed in larger than brigade sized units.
Ah, I see. I'm sure there will be plenty of drones though.

What have you got for me?

I don't mind doing graphics, as it gives me a break from the usual modding. Basically I take a break by doing graphics. So, feed me.

Are you still looking for names? If not, disregard these cosmonautical names:

Novo Gagaringrad
Atkovgrad
Leonov

Some others:
New Sulawesi
New Damascus
Alternius

Have now. Didn't play Finland past 1938. Life is a bit hectic on my end. My grandma is in hospital and acting confused, my mother's twisted her ankle so I'm running round the house for her and life is just generally busy I'm afraid.

Hey i'll take some British names and sci fi them (abit) ;)

Malverno
New Gloucester
Cardiff Bay (actually a place but it sounds like it could make a nice name for an Oslo shaped province)
Fort Talbot

New Bilbao or Bilbo
New St. Sebastian (or New Donosti)
New Vitoria or new Gasteiz
New Pamplona or new Irunea
New Bayonne or new Baiona
New Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port or new Donibane Garazi
New Mauleón or new Maule
Itzubaltzeta
Erromo

I have plenty of names more...