• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(174159)

Still Alive
2 Badges
Oct 18, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
2014 Q1 UPDATE

Backstory Backstory BACKSTORY!!!
LAND Province Names complete
Starting Political Map complete
Added LincentHarborer to Team for Flag and Counter contribution

2013 Q4 UPDATE

WE GOT VIDEOS HOLMES!

[video=youtube;5FgkCcXsFtE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FgkCcXsFtE[/video]​

Alas, my hand has been forced on this one. I had hoped to have more done, but this post indicates the internet hive-mind has started to steal my idea, so I'm getting it out there first so you knew who thought of it!

I'm making the Blue Danube group on the Kaiserreich forums open. Those who don't have an account there but wish to know more - here's the run down.

• A multiple taskforce Human invasion of an Alien World
  • COMPLETE NEW MAP
  • NEW TECH TREE
  • New political dynamics
  • Complex relations between various taskforces and the human colonies + aliens
Forum can be found here.
http://cs.servegame.com/kaiserreich/forumdisplay.php?fid=76

World Map
bluedanubemaplandings2.jpg

Province Map
bluedanubemap3.jpg

Sides
Earth Forces (The mysterious 'Zodiac Nations request')
Alien Majors & minors (Originally disorganized and not unified)

Events
Gonna be plenty of events. Want to flesh this out and form it in the tradition of Kaiserreich. There will be plenty of paths to go down!

Thanks to/Welcome to the Team? :p:

Current Operational Group
KaiserMuffin - Idea originator, map idea, province naming, interface GFX, backstory.
Gukan - Map generator (doing all the technical stuff).
LincentHarborer - Flags, Counters, Shields.

Legacy Credits (inactive or out of touch):
RumpNissen87 for the Flags (Earth Forces, Alien Majors and Minors)
Vladimir Pavlov for the GFX (unit divisiya)
Kornilov (tech team work? Never materialised though if it does...)
ewphoenix123/Vaximillian for ze map thoughts/commentary.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great idea. Maybe the world should be a federated Alien World, but having different city states, with a great deal of autonomy? Thus it makes it possible to ally with the humans or against the human, not knowing that the true cause of the humans is to fully assimilate, even colonize, the homelands of the federation. Divide and conquer.:cool:

The concept is that the aliens run the full political gamut, with 3 major players along the lines of US/USSR/Germany. The minors are more flexible and they may be able to come to some deal with the humans. The Majors will likely end up sliding into an alliance in an attempt to resist the human invaders - the reason the invasion has occurred is because the Alien government refuses to communicate with Humanity until a certain date. Prior to this point it is 'inauspicious to conduct new relations'.

The human invasions also have a misreading of the situation on the ground - they think that the aliens are unified as you described above.

Wow looks amazing!

Sounds great!

Though I would have perhaps gone for human vs. human myself, since the odds of finding alien lifeforms in our level of technology, ability to communicate with us etc etc are pertty much non-existent. Then I again I'm more into "hard" science fiction :)

Anyway, good luck with this!

Sounds great!

Though I would have perhaps gone for human vs. human myself, since the odds of finding alien lifeforms in our level of technology, ability to communicate with us etc etc are pertty much non-existent. Then I again I'm more into "hard" science fiction :)

Anyway, good luck with this!

it's sci fi, there are no rules.....

@SF-discussion: Depends on your tastes. I considered hard-SF but the first concept I had was "Turn the Alien Invaders scenario from HoI2/DH on it's head and have the humans invading the aliens!

@All: Thanks for your comments :) It's still in an extremely preliminary stage, but I'm in this for the long haul. Please feel free to contribute/comment on this thread or on the forum space so kindly loaned out by the KR team.

I really wanted to be further along with the process before posting this but the idea of augmenting the Invaders just seemed too much like how I had stumbled on the idea for this and so I had to act!

Good luck, Kaiser. It is most impressive.

does this mean work on KR from your part has ceased and is going slower?

My role has been primarily consultative for awhile. Also most of the Kaiserreich work is 'maintenance' as opposed to 'creation' which never really got me into it, despite the fact it's important. I try to create something that doesn't need fixing. I am still participating with Kaiserreich, and will give inputs from time to time in the form of code. With regard to thoughts in general, they usually have to wire my jaw shut! ;)

Good luck, Kaiser. It is most impressive.

Cheers, I thought similar when I saw Ruga!

KaiserMuffin said:
Cheers, I thought similar when I saw Ruga!
Haha thanks! So is the Earth united or are there different factions of Earth competing for dominance on the Danube?

2064? I couldn't get the terra nullius events to work without having a 15 MB event file that caused the game to basically take forever to load. Nobody is gonna play a mod that takes over half an hour to load...

Haha thanks! So is the Earth united or are there different factions of Earth competing for dominance on the Danube?

United Earth Forces (at the start at least) - there's a one earth government though I've not decided on how it was formed. It might be like the Terran fleet in Starcraft Brood War, or the Co Dominium in Jerry Pournelle's Mote in God's Eye universe (specifically the earlier books. John Christian Falkenburg will be available to hire by event if things get hairy for you as a nod to Mr. Pournelle. Hopefully things won't end up Like This

Last edited:
2064? I couldn't get the terra nullius events to work without having a 15 MB event file that caused the game to basically take forever to load. Nobody is gonna play a mod that takes over half an hour to load...
Darn and I disagree, I can point to at least one person that would play an interesting mod even if it takes over half an hour to load (I guess in theory you could push it further forward in the timeline, allowing for the nations to have expanded more... and therefore for there to be less terra nullius at game-start).

The primary fun of it was that most of the world was barren and how that could develop - I wanted you to get to do that, make the hard decision about whether to keep expanding, or consolidate. To capture more land to reduce the hordes of skullboys that pour out of the wastelands every winter, or to sit tight and try and form an alliance.