• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is also an issue with du jure kingdoms and empires at the first start date. HRE is there instead of germania
Not an issue as such; PB has its own HRE formation mechanics, different from the vanilla ones. Germania only exists in PB if a French HRE forms, or if the Roman Empire reforms.

I might be nitpicky, but "Scotland" is present rather than "Pictland" despite "Pictish" culture being the culture for of the region. Northumbria is also "Northumberland" taking the name of the county, rather than the title it's supposed to have. Saxony, and all of the other pagan sigils are random every time you load, and for some reason forming a pagan England brings random, ugly pagan flags with an exclusively green, orange, or white colour scheme. I was hoping to get the black flag with the yellow Mjolnir for pagan England that randomly spawns, but it doesn't seem to be there. Saxony's flag should also be black with a yellow mjollnir.

I don't know what's causing the issues, but it has something to do with titles and flags clashing with the new in-game title and flag system.

I might be nitpicky, but "Scotland" is present rather than "Pictland" despite "Pictish" culture being the culture for of the region. Northumbria is also "Northumberland" taking the name of the county, rather than the title it's supposed to have. Saxony, and all of the other pagan sigils are random every time you load, and for some reason forming a pagan England brings random, ugly pagan flags with an exclusively green, orange, or white colour scheme. I was hoping to get the black flag with the yellow Mjolnir for pagan England that randomly spawns, but it doesn't seem to be there. Saxony's flag should also be black with a yellow mjollnir.

I don't know what's causing the issues, but it has something to do with titles and flags clashing with the new in-game title and flag system.
The British Isles somehow got out of sync with vanilla. It's getting fixed next version, which will make the title structure and definitions identical to vanilla minus some changes to the empire itself.

A new version of Project Balance is now out. See this thread for further info: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ased-2014-10-25-Full-post-Charlemagne-release
Project Balance 4.01:
  • Fixed various title issues in the British Isles
  • Fixed certain duchies having no technology
  • Added vanilla's duchy of Pskov
  • Made the Pechenegs tribal
  • Fixed Bohemia being dejure Germania in 769
  • Fixed the marriage decisions potentially allowing people who should be unable to marry to marry
  • Readded the "prepare for conversion" decision
  • Made sieges 20% shorter
  • Updated for 2.2.0.2

Is it just me or is "Settle Tribe" steward option for tribes just a tad too powerful?

With a steward at skill 17 it's 11.03% chance pr year of flipping a province.
At 25 it's 16.62%
At 30 it's 19.88%

I've seen skill 30 stewards often enough, isn't it broken if they can flip a province every 5 years? It doesn't really fit with the rest of the mod.

Is it just me or is "Settle Tribe" steward option for tribes just a tad too powerful?

With a steward at skill 17 it's 11.03% chance pr year of flipping a province.
At 25 it's 16.62%
At 30 it's 19.88%

I've seen skill 30 stewards often enough, isn't it broken if they can flip a province every 5 years? It doesn't really fit with the rest of the mod.

That's EMF which has the skill curves up to 30. I haven't decided what to do with 'Settle Tribe' yet, because frankly, I think the whole thing is way too powerful. I'll definitely make sure to knock down the skill curve for it in the beta within the next few hours, though.

Are the Magyar armies in the Old Gods start supposed to be so weak? They have almost half the levy of Bulgaria and I never see them successfully invade anymore.

This was a vanilla thing that changed with 2.2. Just recently, however, Paradox discovered that they'd broken the math on calculating appropriate event troop sizes via script and have allegedly fixed it. What impact this change had on the Magyars, IDK yet. However, when the "beta patch" dust settles, we'll take a good look at whatever the new status quo has become by then and move on that. The Magyars are definitely on the list.

That's EMF which has the skill curves up to 30. I haven't decided what to do with 'Settle Tribe' yet, because frankly, I think the whole thing is way too powerful. I'll definitely make sure to knock down the skill curve for it in the beta within the next few hours, though.
Well considering how powerful it is, and how difficult it would be to do such a thing on purpose back then I think the upper level should at most be 10% no matter how low the chance gets for the nobodies. Possibly way lower... :)

Maybe you haven't gotten around to it yet, but the 'Remove Ahistorical Empires' decision still gets reverted after quitting and has to be fired manually with each reload.

Maybe you haven't gotten around to it yet, but the 'Remove Ahistorical Empires' decision still gets reverted after quitting and has to be fired manually with each reload.

Hmm. Seems the vanilla bug wasn't fixed after all, which contradicts the personal (light) testing I did which motivated me to bring NAE back. :|

Well, in any case, the empires, though they may show on the de jure empires map mode, are now also deactivated as titles when the decision is first executed. Ergo, they can never be created and are effectively out of the game in every way but the obvious-looking way-- without having to re-fire the event.

I guess that I'll have to look into a cosmetic solution which assigns all of those de jure kingdom titles a black-colored uncreatable empire as liege. At some point. Even with the vanilla bug, that would keep that map mode black where there is no de jure empire.

Both the current solution (just fire the decision once and don't look back, knowing that the ahistorical empires cannot be created) and the suggested future solution properly account for de jure drift/assimilation, which re-firing the underlying event does not do.