• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(87592)

Recruit
Nov 20, 2007
its an alright game but is there a way to turn off or disable the video pilots on the com system in game? it causes lag

Is the DirectX9c and video codec update neccassary? I have the most current version offered by Microsoft Update right now.

Also it looks moddable but I am having trouble locateing a editor for the LUA format what is recomended?

Also I am having some trouble with crashes and things Tarr does need more stability testing or a bug reporting tool or something because I can't tell you what exactly happens it just has a memory leak on my system gets slower and slower and it will crash in a few hours. Also it has some issues with my video card and will cease the card up so it won't refresh not even after exiting to desktop.

I am sorry I wish I could be more specific with these bugs but the crashes are random as to defy any sort of cause and effect relationship.

unmerged(87592)

Recruit
Nov 20, 2007
more problems

OK I think I have tracked down one major bug issue it seems like if you jump ahead of any of the missions like go inspect a hostile on your radar before the game tells you too it will crash

Other problems I am having:
It seems like there are alot of missing settings
*Music control would be nice the sound track is alright but very repetitive and the loop cut is not very smooth, additionaly in the combat score there are alot of sound effects that sound like lasers and ships flying past which are completely irrelevent to anything going on in game and lead to a false sense of being under fire or degraded awareness of when someone IS firing on you.
**Update** I sort of fixed this by deleteing the combat music labeled music_battle_scene1-10 (unlabeled battle track was replaced with music_ambient_scene1 too ) and creating copys of the really good non combat ambient scores music_ambient_scene1-10 renaming them to the original battle files in the Paradox Interactive\Akella Games\Tarr Chronicles\data\sounds\music folder.

*The mouse should be a number coefficent not a slider I have to take a break from Tarr after an hour because the constant movement of my mouse causes shoulder pain a higher setting beyond the highest there is currently would allow for less movement of my shoulder.

*Gamma/brightness/contrast this game is a bit dim my craft either needs a spot light or else capital ships with shaded black edges on black space sky need running lights. I had the unfortunate expereince of flying into cap ships durring dog fights because they are solid black shaded in some cases.

*The hangar eats up alot of CPU for no real reason other then I can spin my ship in a 3d view, I think if you have the option to switch between 2d and 3d hangars it would be alot easyer and less laggy to configure ships

*Pilot chatter is confuseing and for the pilots degradeing. Most of the time it sounds like they are shouting panic over the com system, I can see it happening sometimes however the pilot would be teased that he was a wimp after the mission and probably would stop doing it by the 4th sorte. I think the wing commander and flight boss would chew them out too because it makes it remarkabley diffucult to hear vital information over the com.

Cinematics leave the game running while I have no control over my ship, this has lead to the rather annoying situation where I have been returned control after a cine to a dieing ship because it was shot at or colided with something durring the cine.

Damage Alarm needs to go away after it has warned you that you took damage. It just does'nt make sense that it stays stuck on in the middle of my HUD since it can't turn any redder when I take more damage or anything.and anyways I have the lower right hand part of my hud thats alot more specific then "damage"

Last edited: