• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

rgranja13

Corporal
2 Badges
Jul 27, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
So, my game just won't load.
I start the launcher and then I select "continue" and it starts loading but then it just stops when it reaches the middle of the bar. I bought the game and the DLC rapid transit on steam. I have uninstalled and then downloaded the game again and nothing, disabled all the mods and nothing. I am thinking about asking for a refund. Do you know what happened?

Upvote 0
Okay then, please attach the problem save file, as @Avanya requested above. Thanks.

Can anyone help me please?
I started another save and it was working fine. All of sudden the same error occurs... I can't load any save now. When loading it appears something like "Highway bridge pillar (duplicated)"...

Dublicate errors can be ignored. It just means that something else is using something with the same name, which in all cases I've ever encountered has been stuff like this, where a few roads use the same pillar. The will only be a problem if two different things (like 2 different pillars) have the same name. But afaik that doesn't happen anywhere.

This is likely a memory problem; this machine has 6gb of system memory but the video card takes 2gb of that away.

In that situation you can't really use any mods or assets as 4gb is the bare minimum for the game to run at all.

To test that, in your Steam Library right-click on this game and choose Properties. Click on Set Launch Options, and paste this in there:

-noWorkshop -disableMods -force-d3d9

Now see if you can start and play a new test city.

Nope, the game still doesn't load. It gets stuck at this point.
1600354157889.png

Can we see a new output log with those load options all in place please.

I'm not sure either way from that log, unfortunately.

Please try a **clean** reinstall:

- Remove the game from Steam (uninstall)
- Manually delete all these files and folders, if still there:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\
...\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\255710\
...\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines
(first move the /saves/ folder elsewhere to keep your save games)
(To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer)

- Install the game again and see if it runs now.

Good luck with that!

Did you put those three launch options back after the reinstall? I should have mentioned that, sorry!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can i see a new output_log.txt since the reinstall please.

Those three launch options are not in use in that log. Can you please implement them again, and post a new log then. Thanks.