• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Saharcia

Recruit
25 Badges
May 30, 2022
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Hey there!
I have a nice city with few industrial zones: generic, farm and oil. I don't produce oil and instead I relied on importing it instead. It worked for a long time, but now the area won't import anything and all facilities stopped working due to lack of natural resources.
Map 2.jpg

The area has all types of outside connections: highway, cargo harbor, train stations and an airport, built with the Airports DLC. I've been checking mostly planes and ships, and while they are visiting the ports, they are usually empty - ships have 10-40% load, and planes have few percent at highest, but most of the time are at 0% load. Interestingly, there's actually a lot of planes flying, to the level where they keep noclipping on the runway.
I placed a lot of specialized warehouses hoping that they would import oil, but it was in vain; no matter the setting (Fill/Balanced), they would only have 1-3% of possible stock.
For the record, the farm area is doing fine, although it doesn't seem that they export much with the planes either. Generic seemed fine too, but now occasionally I am getting the "no natural resources" problem as well.

I'm using a few mods, including TMPE, but I haven't changed any of their settings, so I doubt it's caused by modding.
Traffic in this area is much smaller than in the farmland, and the flow is high, so no cars are getting stuck - the streets are mostly empty.
Info.jpg

I also tried putting oil pumps there for testing; they worked fine, started producing oil, but wouldn't send it to other facilities. Instead, I would get the info that there's no enough buyers for oil, despite facilities next to them starving for it
Is there any way to make the area import oil again? As I said, it worked perfectly before, so I don't really have any idea why it suddenly stopped working. I'm getting the feel that there may be a problem with cargo overall, but I'm not really sure what can be causing it.
Thanks in advance for any tips.

It's probably something to do with the lorries available from your buildings. How are they doing?

How's your traffic in general? The imported oil could be getting stuck somewhere.

You could also just be hitting the vehicle limits. 102k population and you're importing all your oil? That's not going to be good for waiting times.

It's probably something to do with the lorries available from your buildings. How are they doing?

How's your traffic in general? The imported oil could be getting stuck somewhere.

You could also just be hitting the vehicle limits. 102k population and you're importing all your oil? That's not going to be good for waiting times.
Im playing on console and i also have that issue. If you delete all the stuff from the new Airports DLC all works well so they messed up with something...

Xbox one x/PS4
Consoles have not received a Airport DLC update. I see Airport DLC Cargo in your screen shot. My suggestion is to delete it. I did in several builds and imports worked. Consoles do not have TMPE available, what system are you on???
My PS4 1st generation begins to hit vehicle limit earlier than my Xbox One X, may explain your mostly empty streets. If you can run cargo train to import close it will lessen the amount of trucks an speed things up. I always add warehouses next to factory/processor set to fill with each of what the factory/processor needs