• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

VILenin

Revolutionary Leader
63 Badges
Dec 24, 2004
  • Stellaris
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
I downloaded the converter off of Vickiwiki and used it to port my Eu2 game (vanilla 1.09) to Vicky (1.04). Everything seems looks fine except for my country which didn't receive any factories, techs or military units. I was playing as the Byzantines, so I'm Greece in Vicky. I'd maxed out all my techs and had a decent number of manufacturies, so I definitely should've gotten some factories.

It's probably a simple problem but I'm not sure what it might be. Anybody out there who might be able to lend me a hand?

I'm not sure (haven't used the converter in quite a while), but part of the problem might be that BYZ is merged into GRE. Countries that are not converted directly (like GRE to GRE) don't get some things converted. Try changing Countries.txt so that you're converted directly and see what happens.

I switched it so that BYZ gets turned into U00 but now the scenario CTDs half-way through loading. I'd added U00 into the revolt txt, added parties, etc and I if I switch tags from GRE to U00 via event it works. No error message, screen just goes black then I get a "Victoria had to close" message with the option to send an error report. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

I doubt it is actually this problem but where were your manufactories built because Byzantine(as well as the Ottoman Empire and Russia) are on the edge of the Europe continent and due to the way the converter works you will only get factories in Europe (ie. Where you can recruit mercenaries)

or at least that’s what I worked out but I am going to take a guess that at least some of your manufactories were in Europe so that could only account for having a small number of them.

ladybug said:
I doubt it is actually this problem but where were your manufactories built because Byzantine(as well as the Ottoman Empire and Russia) are on the edge of the Europe continent and due to the way the converter works you will only get factories in Europe (ie. Where you can recruit mercenaries)

or at least that’s what I worked out but I am going to take a guess that at least some of your manufactories were in Europe so that could only account for having a small number of them.

I did build a couple manus on non-cores, not realizing they wouldn't get turned into factories, but most of them were core provinces.

It took some time but I did finally get it to convert BYZ - U00 and that seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks MichaelM and ladybug. :)

Good, glad it worked! :)