• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pablo Miki

Recruit
Oct 22, 2021
Hola.

Desde hace tiempo no he jugado al Eu4, y seguro que me he perdido muchas cosas, entre otras, no entiendo porqué al descargar el juego de Steam y darle al botón para jugar, me aparece al lado un icono de un triángulo en rojo que dice : Fallo al lanzar el juego.

No sé si es este el lugar correcto para las preguntas de este tipo, pero agradecería la ayuda. Un saludo y gracias.

Hablas ingles? / Do you speak english?

If you want to post in spanish, you have to use Europa Universalis I-IV en Español. You can tag me there as @grotaclas if you want help in spanish.
For tech support in english you can post in the tech support forum.

The error "launching the game failed" can have many sources. To narrow it down somewhat, try to start the game from eu4.exe (eu4.app on macOS) . If that works it is a launcher problem. If it doesn't work it is a game problem. In that case, please tell me how far in the startup process you get(what is the last thing that eu4 displays) and if you get any error message.

If you get an error message about a missing VCRUNTIME or other dll file, please try to (re-)install the microsoft visual c++ redistributables. You can get the latest version from this website or directly download the installer from this link. There is an arm version(ARM64), a 32bit version(x86) and a 64bit version(x64). Current eu4 versions only need the 64bit(x64) version.

Does this help?

VUmzq32.gif
to Spanish forum.