• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(81179)

Corporal
1 Badges
Jul 28, 2007
  • Majesty 2
A while ago i bought a hard copy of majesty gold edition, and installed it without problem, i played it a long time, but for some reson i had to delete it. Now when i try to instal it it wants to unistall it evan though it is unnistalled, so i went to add remove programs i saw the program there and went to remove it and it acts like it is bieng unnistalled, but it is still there! I have tried to install it with 3 diffrent hard coppies of gold edition. it says that the file of whats left over is 91 mgs, but i cant find it annywhere!! Any ideas???

Iximi said:
A while ago i bought a hard copy of majesty gold edition, and installed it without problem, i played it a long time, but for some reson i had to delete it. Now when i try to instal it it wants to unistall it evan though it is unnistalled, so i went to add remove programs i saw the program there and went to remove it and it acts like it is bieng unnistalled, but it is still there! I have tried to install it with 3 diffrent hard coppies of gold edition. it says that the file of whats left over is 91 mgs, but i cant find it annywhere!! Any ideas???
It sounds like there is a hidden file, registry item, or something else left over from the first removal, that's screwing up the install process. I remember reading about a similar experience in the Cyberlore forums a number of years ago. The player called tech-support and they told them how to remove it manually. I'm not sure what options you have now. I'm not sure if Paradox is supporting the game.

Not sure of the exact path; but look on Majestyquest.com for how to fix the fast-scroll bug. If the path in the registry given there still exists, delete it and try again (XP: with administrator permissions)

Hassat Hunter said:
Not sure of the exact path; but look on Majestyquest.com for how to fix the fast-scroll bug. If the path in the registry given there still exists, delete it and try again (XP: with administrator permissions)
I did that, but when i try to install it it says would you like to completly remove all the selected components? when i clik yes it finishes and says matence is complete and the "
"defult" and "whichcenamatic" regestrys are back for the northen expanshion and the origanal...

As I recall it was something hidden (either a file or folder, I can't remember which) in a slightly obscure location. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it was over 5 years ago.
Maybe someone has a list of every file and folder that's written to the drive during the install process and and post it. Then you can go through the list manually.

Looks like this are all the entries Gold makes in the Register. Do any remain?:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cyberlore
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/MenuOrder/Start Menu/Programs/(wherever in the Start menu you have the link)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/ShellNoRoam/MUICache (1 entry; DON'T delete the whole map!)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Cyberlore
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Cyberlore Studios
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/DirectPlay/Applications/Majesty
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/DirectPlay/Applications/Majesty Expansion
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall/{212125C1-E5A3-4810-A057-C20FB2A79327}
HKEY_USERS/(the one with the most numbers)/Software/Cyberlore
HKEY_USERS/(the one with the most numbers)/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/MenuOrder/Start Menu/Programs/(wherever in the Start menu you have the link)
HKEY_USERS/(the one with the most numbers)/Software/Microsoft/Windows/ShellNoRoam/MUICache (1 entry; DON'T delete the whole map!)

Forgot to mention
HK_LOCAL_MACHINE/SoftWare/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/App Management/ARPCache/{212125C1-E5A3-4810-A057-C20FB2A79327}

but I asume from your response Majesty Gold installed cleanly now? Have fun!