• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Midsummer Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off!

Enjoy some sun and song this Midsummer, but when the sun goes down, the fun doesn't have to stop! Paradox has a festive sale on plenty of games to keep your summer nights going!

June 18th - June 30th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(81179)

Corporal
1 Badges
Jul 28, 2007
  • Majesty 2
A while ago i bought a hard copy of majesty gold edition, and installed it without problem, i played it a long time, but for some reson i had to delete it. Now when i try to instal it it wants to unistall it evan though it is unnistalled, so i went to add remove programs i saw the program there and went to remove it and it acts like it is bieng unnistalled, but it is still there! I have tried to install it with 3 diffrent hard coppies of gold edition. it says that the file of whats left over is 91 mgs, but i cant find it annywhere!! Any ideas???

Aug 22, 2006
I think I remeber something similar, not sure if it was majesty though... Someone else might know the solution but 'system restore' might work, or finding the regedit line to majesty perhaps...

unmerged(79717)

Is this esoteric?
Demi Moderator
Jul 4, 2007
www.heroesofardania.net
Iximi said:
A while ago i bought a hard copy of majesty gold edition, and installed it without problem, i played it a long time, but for some reson i had to delete it. Now when i try to instal it it wants to unistall it evan though it is unnistalled, so i went to add remove programs i saw the program there and went to remove it and it acts like it is bieng unnistalled, but it is still there! I have tried to install it with 3 diffrent hard coppies of gold edition. it says that the file of whats left over is 91 mgs, but i cant find it annywhere!! Any ideas???
It sounds like there is a hidden file, registry item, or something else left over from the first removal, that's screwing up the install process. I remember reading about a similar experience in the Cyberlore forums a number of years ago. The player called tech-support and they told them how to remove it manually. I'm not sure what options you have now. I'm not sure if Paradox is supporting the game.

Hassat Hunter

Lt. General
4 Badges
Jul 22, 2007
  • Majesty 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
Not sure of the exact path; but look on Majestyquest.com for how to fix the fast-scroll bug. If the path in the registry given there still exists, delete it and try again (XP: with administrator permissions)

unmerged(81179)

Corporal
1 Badges
Jul 28, 2007
  • Majesty 2
Hassat Hunter said:
Not sure of the exact path; but look on Majestyquest.com for how to fix the fast-scroll bug. If the path in the registry given there still exists, delete it and try again (XP: with administrator permissions)
I did that, but when i try to install it it says would you like to completly remove all the selected components? when i clik yes it finishes and says matence is complete and the "
"defult" and "whichcenamatic" regestrys are back for the northen expanshion and the origanal...

unmerged(79717)

Is this esoteric?
Demi Moderator
Jul 4, 2007
www.heroesofardania.net
As I recall it was something hidden (either a file or folder, I can't remember which) in a slightly obscure location. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it was over 5 years ago.
Maybe someone has a list of every file and folder that's written to the drive during the install process and and post it. Then you can go through the list manually.

Hassat Hunter

Lt. General
4 Badges
Jul 22, 2007
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
Looks like this are all the entries Gold makes in the Register. Do any remain?:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cyberlore
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/MenuOrder/Start Menu/Programs/(wherever in the Start menu you have the link)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/ShellNoRoam/MUICache (1 entry; DON'T delete the whole map!)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Cyberlore
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Cyberlore Studios
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/DirectPlay/Applications/Majesty
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/DirectPlay/Applications/Majesty Expansion
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall/{212125C1-E5A3-4810-A057-C20FB2A79327}
HKEY_USERS/(the one with the most numbers)/Software/Cyberlore
HKEY_USERS/(the one with the most numbers)/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/MenuOrder/Start Menu/Programs/(wherever in the Start menu you have the link)
HKEY_USERS/(the one with the most numbers)/Software/Microsoft/Windows/ShellNoRoam/MUICache (1 entry; DON'T delete the whole map!)

Hassat Hunter

Lt. General
4 Badges
Jul 22, 2007
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
Forgot to mention
HK_LOCAL_MACHINE/SoftWare/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/App Management/ARPCache/{212125C1-E5A3-4810-A057-C20FB2A79327}

but I asume from your response Majesty Gold installed cleanly now? Have fun!

unmerged(81948)

Recruit
Aug 9, 2007
Have u searched for viruses on the disc and ur hard drive?? i think that will solve the problem and show the file u like to delete... :(