• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Marcin NO

Recruit
Jun 15, 2020
Hello,
I have a problem with installing a . net framework 3.5 during installing PARADOX LAUNCHER on windows 10 All updates. I tried i think all ideas and still appears error 0x800F0922.
Any ideas?

First idea, is that you should have gone into a bit more detail. Especially since you've asked about the installation of an operating system package, that is required to run a publisher's launcher, in the forum for a specific game that uses that launcher...
At least you mentioned the Windows version.
Also, you haven't listed what you have tried, so I'll have to start from the top.
1: Reboot computer.
2: Redownload installer.
3: Run the installer as Administrator.
4: Try running Windows Update.
5: Run SFC /scannow
6: Run this tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Further suggestions get more advanced, and therefore more messy if something goes wrong. Synthesis Secret Tech is recommended.

Hello,
All points done, but still the net framework does not install.
In the attached screenshots and system information.

Thank you

Marcin

Attachments

• 2020-06-22.png
    2020-06-22.png
    135,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2020-06-22 (1).png
    2020-06-22 (1).png
    1,2 MB · Views: 0
Bugger. I was hoping Ideas #1-6 would be enough to fix it.
Okay, I can suggest a few more things, but first a couple of questions:
Was this a machine running a previous version of Windows, that then had the Win10 upgrade applied to it?
Do you have access to a Win10 ISO?

Hey Macin!

When I wanted to try out the game over at my relative's place she was having a similar issue but there is a good fix for it! Just run then game via another, alternative launcher that we found on GitHub. It's called "notparadoxlauncher" or "Not Paradox Launcher", it worked like a charm! Instantly fixed ALL the issues she was having. You might wanna try it but don't expect much from this game.

Hey Macin!

When I wanted to try out the game over at my relative's place she was having a similar issue but there is a good fix for it!
This isn't a issue related to the Launcher as the OP is missing a Microsoft system package however if Marcin No wants to, the following procedure can be followed to do a complete reinstall of the Launcher.
- exit the Steam app entirely
- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam

IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.
Just run then game via another, alternative launcher that we found on GitHub. It's called "notparadoxlauncher" or "Not Paradox Launcher", it worked like a charm! Instantly fixed ALL the issues she was having. You might wanna try it but don't expect much from this game.
We also advise you to not run any alternative launchers, if you have issues with the launcher you can always run the game directly from the installation folder as the Launcher is not required for normal gameplay.

Okay, I can't test this properly, but try these instructions:
  1. Press Windows logo + X
  2. Click Programs and Features
  3. On the left side you need to click Turn Windows features on or off
  4. Deselect .NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services (or whatever .NET Framework higher than 3 is there) and click OK. After Windows completes the requested changes you need to click After you click Close, window you opened at step 3 will close.
  5. Again, on the left side you need to click Turn Windows features on or off
  6. Select .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) and click OK
  7. Choose Download files from Windows Update to finish installing features. Files will be downloaded and installed.
  8. After Windows complete the requested changes click After you click Close, window you opened at step 5 will close.
  9. Now see if the Paradox Launcher will install. Even if it still doesn't work, make sure you do the next steps, or something else might be broken.
  10. Then repeat steps 1-3.
  11. Select .NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services (or whatever .NET Framework higher than 3 is there) and click OK. After Windows completes the requested changes you need to click Close.
  12. Close Programs and Features