• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sep 22, 2000
Visit site
Hi there, I was installing some new graphic mods for CK. I was very happy about the new Coat of Arms, and I installed one of those, along with one that changed the shape of the Coat for the Christian countries, so you could see the Counties easier from the Duchys and from the Kingdoms.

It worked great, only when I looked I saw that the Muslims all had the exact SAME coat of arms for them now. I went into my CoA folder and deleted the Muslim one, and now it has some different pictures....but not the same varitiy of Coat of Arms that the Christian ones have, even though I can SEE pictures of the Muslim countries in here.

How do I get these new Coat of Arms to show on the Muslim circles like they do with the Christian shields? :wacko:

Last edited:
Do you mean the Coat of Arms for the Muslims are the same ? Or that the shape of the Coat of arms are the same ?

If the last one is the case then that is correct, Muslims have only one shape for their coat of arms, just as the rules with Turkish culture

AFAIK the game only supports 5 different shapes

One shape for a County for Catholic, Orthodox and Pagan
One shape for a Duchy for Catholic, Orthodox and Pagan
One shape for a Kingdom for Catholic, Orthodox and Pagan
One shape for Muslims
One shape for Turkish

Actually that's not completly correct Veld, Muslims with a "christian" culture (for example Castillian) have the same shield shape as Christians. The shape is determined by culture, not religion, only Christians always have the same shield shape.

CSK said:
Actually that's not completly correct Veld, Muslims with a "christian" culture (for example Castillian) have the same shield shape as Christians. The shape is determined by culture, not religion, only Christians always have the same shield shape.

Actually that is not completely correct CSK :D

Arabic/Turkish cultured people with a catholic/orthodox religionn also have the 'christian shieldshapes', so religion plays a part

But still there are only 5 shield-shapes :)

Veldmaarschalk said:
Arabic/Turkish cultured people with a catholic/orthodox religionn also have the 'christian shieldshapes', so religion plays a part
That's exactly what I meant with "Only Christians always have the same shield shape."

Though it would be easier to have it determined by religion, as you then couldn't give those Castillian Muslims the wrong education.

Thanks for the responses guys. I messed around with the game more last night, experimenting, and I think it's working fine. I'm just disapointed with how.....poor most of the Coat of Arms for the Muslim/Turkish nations are.

I mean, with the Christian ones, look in your CoA folder and you see oddles and oddles of rich nicely designed ones. In my game most of those are showing, and to be fair theres a few for the Muslims. But most of them are just.....blah. Two colors, one on one side, and the other on one side, and often the colors are SO similar you can hardly tell them apart from one another or from each color! :(

I understand you can't see a CoA for Muslims/Turkish cultures as well as the Christians ones, due to the size differences with the shield and the circle. But still.....I thought I had messed something up, because it's so plain looking.

I thought I had better Coat of Arms in my CoA directory, but I'm not sure if the game is using them. How does the game decide which ones to show for which nation?

Okay, I messed around with some mods and the first link you gave has some better results. Some of the Muslim ones are still rather 'blah' (just the two colors side by side) but more of them have actuall coat of arms now.

Good God, is there enough hacking for this game? ;) EU II and HoI II don't even have this much COMBINED! :)

Last edited: