• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Camcolit

Private
Apr 12, 2006
Hi all,

Love EU and have been playing for a long time. Have a weird issue with FTG 1.3 patch. When using AGCEEP I cannot select some countries on the start screen. I've tried messing with resolution and playing in a window etc. but to no avail. Screen below. If it makes a difference I'm running windows 10.

wlg2.gif

Notice how Portugal and OE are out of alignment and cannot be selected. Any ideas? These are my two favourite countries! Cannot think of any workaround.

I have another question about FTG generally. Seeing as how AGCEEP is supposed to be incorporated already into FTG original (?), what are the differences playing FTG unmodded and with the AGCEEP mod? I always play with the mod, but not sure if I should.

Much appreciated.

It's because you using Glory shields (changed in Settings).
AGCEEP don't have Glory shields, so you have to edit scenario file: 1419 - The Grand Campaign.eeg
Go to the line 28 and add # before country which flag is not displayed:

Code:
  flagname = {
    COR = "Vincentellu"
    HAU = "Duchy"
    #POR = "Joao_I"
    TOS = "Republic"
    TUN = "Hafsids"
    TUR = "Ancient"
   }

I have another question about FTG generally. Seeing as how AGCEEP is supposed to be incorporated already into FTG original (?), what are the differences playing FTG unmodded and with the AGCEEP mod? I always play with the mod, but not sure if I should.

Much appreciated.
The AGCEEP mod tries to be more historically accurate, while the unmodded game tries to keep some semblance of balance between countries. I've usually preferred AGCEEP for single-player games.

Hi all,

Love EU and have been playing for a long time. Have a weird issue with FTG 1.3 patch. When using AGCEEP I cannot select some countries on the start screen. I've tried messing with resolution and playing in a window etc. but to no avail. Screen below. If it makes a difference I'm running windows 10.

Notice how Portugal and OE are out of alignment and cannot be selected. Any ideas? These are my two favourite countries! Cannot think of any workaround.

Much appreciated.

Known issue:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/issue-with-glory-shields.784836/

Instead of commenting out the glory shields of countries that have none you can force the game to always use a specified set of shields

Here is an example how to edit the txt file for a mod to force that mod to use only a specific set of shields it it doesn´t support several:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...s-vltra-downloads.577866/page-7#post-16708326

For example my mod_AGCEEP.txt contains the line to only use enhanced shields when starting AGCEEP:

Code:
AGCEEP

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mod = {
   name = "AGCEEP"
   dir = "AGCEEP"
   language = { "english" }
   shields = { "enhanced" }
   remark = "AGCEEP 1.59b4"
}

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just in case: The download for FtG 1.3 does not contain the latest patch for AGCEEP which can be found here:
]https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/version-1-59b4-is-up.509577/

Last edited: