• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ASGeek2012

Colonel
33 Badges
Dec 21, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
So I am rather enjoying the new trains and bridges DLCs, but I seem to be having an issue with one asset and want to see if anyone else is having this or if I have a mod issue or something. I am finding it very hard to place the Sunken Dual Island Platform Station. It's very finicky about where it will be allowed to be placed and keeps complaining "space already occupied" and highlights the road itself as the offender. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to where it will allow itself to be placed. I tried experimenting with different road segment lengths using Move It but that didn't get me anywhere.

The only solution I have that works is to briefly toggle road anarchy on and I can place the station. It then works perfectly fine after that.

Anyone else seeing this or is it just me? As a final note, I do NOT have the Metro Overhaul mod installed. I unsubscribed to it and Advanced Stop Selection when I discovered that they were broken by the latest game patch.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So I am rather enjoying the new trains and bridges DLCs, but I seem to be having an issue with one asset and want to see if anyone else is having this or if I have a mod issue or something. I am finding it very hard to place the Sunken Dual Island Platform Station. It's very finicky about where it will be allowed to be placed and keeps complaining "space already occupied" and highlights the road itself as the offender. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to where it will allow itself to be placed. I tried experimenting with different road segment lengths using Move It but that didn't get me anywhere.

The only solution I have that works is to briefly toggle road anarchy on and I can place the station. It then works perfectly fine after that.

Anyone else seeing this or is it just me? As a final note, I do NOT have the Metro Overhaul mod installed. I unsubscribed to it and Advanced Stop Selection when I discovered that they were broken by the latest game patch.
Do you have a screenshot? I can think of several reasons why that may be happening. Top of my list would be some sort of collision with the tunnel beneath the road - eg if the road is on a slope, the lowest part of the road may be trying to clip through the tunnel beneath.

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I'll try to get some screenshots soon. Since there has not been a whole bunch of "me too" posts on this thread, I'm willing to accept it may be a mod issue on my part. I should note that I did test this out in a separate part of the map with completely flat terrain away from anything else that may collide with it. When it gave me the "space already occupied" error, it was highlighting the road itself it was colliding with.

I may have figured this out. It seems to be sensitive to what direction I'm coming from when I try to snap it to the road. I was conducting another experiment to get some screenshots. I drew about 20 units of four lane road with trees. I had the road oriented horizontally on the screen. When I tried snapping the station to the road while moving the mouse up, it would always complain about space already occupied. When I tried snapping by moving the mouse down, it flipped the station around and snapped to the road successfully each time. So I think I'm good now.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I also noticed the station is hard to place. Seeing the same problem where it says something's in the way, but nothing is in the way.

• 1Like
Reactions: