• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

chasetheace001

Recruit
3 Badges
Jul 13, 2020
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
This may not be a bug, but something i did notice. This topic has never really been brung up here or anywhere. As you know prisoners can build up wealth, usually by working. There are other ways for them to build it by trading contraband and gifts from family. Over time I noticed that they are getting to way unrealistic numbers.

I have a prison that holds about 500 prisoners in total. 150 each security level. When looking through prisoners there is a section that you can organize them by richest. I noticed a good chunk of them had over $9999. I'm like that doesn't sound right? Overtime it got so bad. Like 60 out of my 500 had over that. I looked to see how much they had and it blew my mind. Some were almost to a million dollars. I'm like why is this happening. Note I do a shakedown about every night. I have metal detectors in every entrance to find contraband. If contraband is the reason for this. I have no idea how I could do any better. Now it would make sense if the prisoner said he was a millionair prior and his family just gave him the money, but it seems like half my prisoners are getting this wealth and I have no idea how they're doing it. I play on an Xbox. I would like to know if there is an explanation for this? It just seems strange that prisoners are making more money than they would in the real world. It almost feels like its unrealistic.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0