• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dauth

Wiki Mod
57 Badges
Jan 30, 2011
  • Major Wiki Contributor
wiki.png

Paradox wikis is the new home of the Prison Architect wiki.

The integration with the Paradox wikis is ongoing so please be patient with us. If you spot any errors with the MediaWiki software please post it here for us.

If you wish to contribute please see here.

Visit the wiki here.

These are a few known issues that I'm raising with the technical team, please post if you have any more.

Known wiki issues:
- Account integration from the previous wikis isn't perfect and some edits have been assigned to the wrong accounts.
- {{NUMBEROFVIEWS}} not functioning
- Footer template font sizes for several templates
- Language links to all translated versions of pages may not be correct

Hey thanks for putting this together and to you and the other great contributors that make all our wikis so good.
I will pin this one to the top.

So, I reported this a month ago by starting with Pdx support.
Screenshot_8.png
Chris response was great and proved what I've been told - that the Pdx support is pretty good. He said that there's some kind of wiki update planned and I've been waiting for two weeks. It happened after 3 weeks or so and instead of fixing things, it messed up more.
Last hope was searching the forums if there is anyone I could ask for help. The only person I found was Dauth and this is why we have this thread. Posted almost 2 weeks ago and that's just it. No one gives a crap about fixing things it seems. Small things (except the database f*up), easy to fix but it takes months...

Before the Mediawiki update I kinda wanted to fix some of the issues by myself. The way I could fix some of the issues was by editing the templates in several places. I knew it would be a pain in the butt and the right way to fix the issues is by editing CSS so I decided to not touch anything, wait for responses and update, and see then.

Nothing, completely nothing done, moreover you guys decided to lock the templates that are messed up and that must be edited whenever there's a new object/thing added to the game. If you guys take months to fix issues (which are more important than adding/updating things on the wiki) then I am assuming that requesting an update will take a year?

I am requesting here to have these open, as it was before the migration: Template:Footer_Objects, Template:Footer_Rooms, Template:Footer_Menu_Bar, Template:Footer Materials, Template:Footer_Staff, Template:Footer_Utilities, Template:Footer_Utilities, Template:Footer_Emergency.

We did not have any problems with vandalism on our Wiki and I see no any reason for this. Let us edit these when needed. I am pretty sure people would let you know if something gets messed up which I doubt that would ever happen. I am also going to fix what I can if you open these because whoever is in charge on PA wiki now will never do it.

Last edited:
I know I could do it on wiki discussion page but I think it will be better here.
This are my suggestion on how to improve our wiki which is just so damn bad and require a lot of fixes of the theme/skin it uses. I've been talking several times about it on our PA discord server with people and most of them agrees that PA wiki, after migration is just terrible.

I tried months ago via support, PM, discussion etc. Got some small things fixed but that's nothing compared to what must be done. Nobody wants to edit it anymore, all the people editing it left.
The reason for that in my opinion is mainly the messed up theme and style of infoboxes, some pages and other elements. I for example wanted to fix one or two but whenever I try to re-do it _ I get stuck because things just look bad anyways or are impossible to fix due how the elements on the pages are placed - elements we cant modify (CSS/locked templates or pages).

So here's some of my suggestions and the things that should be changed in my opinion:

1) Infoboxes:

upload_2020-2-10_1-31-7.png
Terrible. That how much space is wasted is just an absurd. I could spend some time and add float: right or something but the infobo template is big and ugly, and does not fit to the rest anyways.​

2) Language "bar".
On the screenshot above you can also see the language bar where people have links to the page in the other languages. It should be above the page name or hidden/collapsible somewhere on the left or sidebar. I would suggest removing it completely for now.
Most of the articles written in the other languages is heavily outdated, not finished or just does not exist.
3) Main page structure
That's what's the most important should be easily accessible and have its place somewhere in the main area of the page.
upload_2020-2-10_1-39-49.png

Menu with all these links is the most important. It should be in the main, middle area of the page. Wiki description and info about improving the wiki is uhh... I dont wanna say nobody gives a crap about it but it's just irrelevant and occupies the space where it simply does not belong.
4) Menu itself - it's so messed up.
Finding the right thing takes a while. I made some changes to it and some of them got accepted but not all. These with css/style changes got ignored and it looks like it looks. These links should be in alphabetical order and have some more spacing in between. Easy to do but we - normal users don't have access to it.
5) Wiki Logo
Ugly.
6) Background-image
Yep. Again this.
Normal blue "header" background:
upload_2020-2-10_1-50-39.png

Simple texture bg:
upload_2020-2-10_1-50-9.png

Small things like this in some places would make it a better quality style. It does not have to be anything special. Just something (except articles, lol) that will make this wiki look like it's Prison Architect related.
7) Video/developer diaries and news section
I admit I did not check if this exists but pretty sure it does (and if not, it can be done easily with some scripts) - RSS feed instead or additional thing? Talking about RSS feed from Steam announcements for PA or some other place, this forum for example. This is from the website I work on from time to time, no need to manually edit, looks good: upload_2020-2-10_1-58-46.png

Game history section, with updates is being manually updated by SolSys. I don't think he plays PA and since nobody else can edit that section - the latest patch entires are outdated and the last patch or two are not added in there.
8) The old theme
Suggested once or twice - why did nobody think of keeping the old skin made by Introversion Software dudes and making it as an optional one which people could choose in the preferences?? I know you'd have to update two things with ads etc but still... Instead you gave us the new one mixed with the old one.

We could also have a community theme (cloned current one) where people could be allowed to access CSS. Maybe we could come up with something better.
There's much more I would like to add, change, edit, do but ehh. I love the game, don't mind PDX taking over but this wiki is just something I have to check from time to time and whenever I do I just can't look how ugly things are. PA compared to other PDX wikis is nowhere close. Nobody literally cares. And I know - y'all volunteers. Pretty much one dude taking over a few wikis. It's been months like this, nothing has changes.

Maybe this survey and post like this will change something but after all my attempts, I doubt.

I know I could do it on wiki discussion page but I think it will be better here.
This are my suggestion on how to improve our wiki which is just so damn bad and require a lot of fixes of the theme/skin it uses. I've been talking several times about it on our PA discord server with people and most of them agrees that PA wiki, after migration is just terrible.

I tried months ago via support, PM, discussion etc. Got some small things fixed but that's nothing compared to what must be done. Nobody wants to edit it anymore, all the people editing it left.
The reason for that in my opinion is mainly the messed up theme and style of infoboxes, some pages and other elements. I for example wanted to fix one or two but whenever I try to re-do it _ I get stuck because things just look bad anyways or are impossible to fix due how the elements on the pages are placed - elements we cant modify (CSS/locked templates or pages).

So here's some of my suggestions and the things that should be changed in my opinion:
There's much more I would like to add, change, edit, do but ehh. I love the game, don't mind PDX taking over but this wiki is just something I have to check from time to time and whenever I do I just can't look how ugly things are. PA compared to other PDX wikis is nowhere close. Nobody literally cares. And I know - y'all volunteers. Pretty much one dude taking over a few wikis. It's been months like this, nothing has changes.

Maybe this survey and post like this will change something but after all my attempts, I doubt.
Hi there @badAim ,

You are welcome to PM me with your suggestions.

I'm aware of your past work on the PA wiki and, if you're up to it, would like to see it continued. If you would like to take a more active role in the PA wiki I'm sure something could be worked out ;)

Edit: And you're right -- I don't play the game. Sadly, I simply can't afford the time.
Edit 2: BTW, other than the front page, there are no (or at least shouldn't be) locked templates.

Last edited:
Hey all have been trying to update the wiki, but seems like i don't have file upload permissions (need to be in either Autoconfirmed users or Administrators). Working on the gymnasium page.