Prison Architect: Second Chances Announcement!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fifnaril

First Lieutenant
4 Badges
Jan 21, 2020
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
  • Empire of Sin
Facebook cover.jpg

Wardens, it's time for prison reform!

Prison Architect: Second Chances, the 5th expansion from Paradox and Double Eleven, will bring an evolution to the game's reform and rehabilitation system on June 16th! Don't forget about The Pan free update releasing on the same day!

Available on PC, PS4 and Xbox 1 on June 16th.
Landing on Nintendo Switch on June 29th.

https://www.prisonarchitect.com/dlc/second-chances

Reactions:
Hoping for some bugfixes! I like the concept of the DLCs but haven't bothered buying any since basic features seem to get broken and are only band-aided or just remain broken (cooks not cooking meals, laundry not working, janitors not cleaning and then cleaning but not cells, etc.).

• 2Like
Reactions:
Staff development/depth when?! I want a legendary guard, a dealer cook, and a snitch janitor!

In all seriousness, right now staff mean almost nothing; prisoners get out of control and you lose guards...oh well, buy 4 more. It'd be really cool to have a skill tree, promoting your guards to dog handlers, riot, armed and such. It'd also make you feel guard/staff loss a whole lot more than you do now.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Staff development/depth when?! I want a legendary guard, a dealer cook, and a snitch janitor!

In all seriousness, right now staff mean almost nothing; prisoners get out of control and you lose guards...oh well, buy 4 more. It'd be really cool to have a skill tree, promoting your guards to dog handlers, riot, armed and such. It'd also make you feel guard/staff loss a whole lot more than you do now.
That would be so awesome! Those are some great suggestions! I will forward them to the team!

Hoping for some bugfixes! I like the concept of the DLCs but haven't bothered buying any since basic features seem to get broken and are only band-aided or just remain broken (cooks not cooking meals, laundry not working, janitors not cleaning and then cleaning but not cells, etc.).
Yeah! We are always working on to fix and improve the game and if you have any issues currently please send us some more information and the save file so we can take a closer look!

I hope that this is getting priority - even if only to calm the user base a bit if this is even possible at all. Current Steam comments are a cesspool of toxicity out of several reasons valid or short-sighted or even unrealistic. Looking forward to new features nevertheless. That said: bugs like the ones Lynkz mentioned must not happen nor be introduced with a new DLC/update. I mean bugs can and will happen but borking some core mechanisms that bad should not be. Hope that will not be the case and old issues being fixed an a constant base.

Please can you make feature where I can separate 3 gangs in MAX security ? For example make feature for MAX security sector 1, MAX security sector 2 and MAX security sector 3 for Cells, solitary, canteen, yard etc etc. If I separate them directly into the cell block after solitary time they don't go back to the same cell, then gangs mixed again.