• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CAPTURED TECH-TEAMS

I tested my system of tech-team take over, and here are results.
Red number - modified skill level. "P" letter means "Person".

Hungarian captured tech-teams

(INEE=28%, idealogical distance=1, 2 tech slots)

HUNTechTeams.png

As I thought, many tech-teams decreased their level to full usefulness. It's funny, but Hungaria had Naval Doctrines researcher )))

I have to choose one team, and I think, it should be specialized team, not universal. And it is better to have new fields of study. I choose Roland Eutvus University, because sooner or later we have to research nuclear power.

Austrian captured tech-teams
(INEE=35%, idealogical distance=1, 1 tech slots)
AUSTechTeams.png

We have better choice here (intelligence worked better and tech-teams level was higher). First four teams could be only second or even third bestteam, so I doubt, that I need them. Alexandr Lohr - good variant, but I have exact the same Emil Januska. So, I choose Julius Yllam for fighters doctrines research, although his level low, and there are few fighters doctrine expected to research in the future.

If you have some other ideas about choice, write me with arguments.
While I plan economics, I will not write the results into savegame file.

SYSTEM TEST RESULTS

As I expected, with low intelligence level it's hard to get research brilliant. You easily could get average tech team, and for some countries it would be great, but not for tech-leaders. With a little luck you could get very specialized tech-team with very restricted research area. I hope, annexing Germany, I'll get some good tech-teams, due to their number of highleveled teams. Also, it's obvious, that decrypting technologies is a must.

The system is tested, so, next time I annex country the system could be modified. So, discussion is still welcomed.

The reason the Hungarians have a naval doctrine researcher is that he was a Austro-Hungarian admiral who eventually became Head of State of Hungary.

wow... Never knew a minor could be so interesting.

I really like the captured tech team algorithm - definitely a missing feature in HOI. I think I'll have to keep an eye on this and see where it ends up. The "get all tech teams" option is way too gamey.

I wonder if using the "INEE" would be a worthwhile mechanism for capturing blueprints when annexing as well, and maybe even a very small chance of capture an entire tech. :eek:

wow... Never knew a minor could be so interesting.

I really like the captured tech team algorithm - definitely a missing feature in HOI. I think I'll have to keep an eye on this and see where it ends up. The "get all tech teams" option is way too gamey.

I wonder if using the "INEE" would be a worthwhile mechanism for capturing blueprints when annexing as well, and maybe even a very small chance of capture an entire tech. :eek:

I plan to become Major soon ))

Capturing BPs and techs assumes that you have to search and edit files a lot. Gaining BPs via Intelligence is already included into the game. But not often, though.

I like much your analitic skills and the explanations and plannings you are doing before the actions. I will look forward to this AAR, and maybe I will try to apply what I'm learning from here to play with another minor, Romania.
Keep up good work. :)

Last edited:
A nice AAR you have going on here. I've stumbled upon it just now, and shall hopefully be following it. The amount of thinking and calculations you do for this is similar to robw963 in his WIELKOPOLSKA Poland AAR.

A nice AAR you have going on here. I've stumbled upon it just now, and shall hopefully be following it. The amount of thinking and calculations you do for this is similar to robw963 in his WIELKOPOLSKA Poland AAR.

yeah that's what i thought as well. can you imagine rob and iwo jima playing a co-op multiplayer in an alliance ?? :D