• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1936. July, 21.
SUMMER WAR. HUNGARIAN OPENING.

At 3:00 Stefan Osusky informed his Hungarian colleague that Czechoslovakia will not tolerate no longer any pretensions and provocations from the opposite side. The Summer War was started!
DoW Hungary. (+11 belligerence, +11% Dissent, CGN -50%)

July, 22. Our instance of struggle against totalitarism inspired peoples all around the world:
Bolivia - Democratic coup d'etat (now SD)
Cuba - Right-Wing coup d'etat (now ML)
Greece - Right-Wing coup d'etat (now SC)
but fascism grows too:
Japan - Right-Wing coup d'etat (now FA)
Nicaragua - Militaristic coup d'etat (PA)​
Germany and Italy starts help to Nationalist Spain. UK (and France, one day later) refuse to help Republican Spain.
July, 23. Austria DoW to UK (and all Allies, obviously).

WAR ACTIONS

SummerWar36_0014_Layer-4.jpg

July, 21. 3:00. Our tank divisions start breakthrough manoeuvre.

SummerWar36_0013_Layer-5.jpg

July, 22. 17:00. Without serious resistance tanks achieved the opposite border and cut off Debricen.

SummerWar36_0012_Layer-6.jpg

July, 24. 4:00 Battle for Budapest was quick and easy

SummerWar36_0011_Layer-7.jpg

July, 26. 0:00 Czech tanks entered Hungarian capital. Annex Hungary.

Love the Update

And Restore the great Czech Empire! And also, your at war with Austria right?

What do you mean "restore"??? Czechoslovakia is a new state, formed after WW-I. And Czech never was a big country. It seems, the correct word is "build".

Of course. I joined Allies on January, 1 (lucky me). Czechoslovakia is not alliance leader, so Austria had to DoW UK, the leader of alliance.

NEED HELP

How could I mod savegame to get tech-team from another country?

Also, is it possible to change the skill of tech-team?

NEED HELP

With my limited knowledge i think there is an excel file that says the tech teams for each country. Just go to hungarys tech team file, copy a team and paste it in the czech file and change the country tag for the team.

As for skill there is, i just dont know it.

Um make sure to make a copy of all files you edit.

NEED HELP

Go to the HOI2 Wiki, they have an artcile that teaches one on the modding of a savefile

Also, "build" and "restore" just both mean "Get an Empire" :p

1936. July, 26.
SUMMER WAR. AUSTRIAN ENDING.

SummerWar36_0010_Layer-8.jpg

July, 26. 0:00. Hungary is annexed, and all formations prepares for attacking Austria.

SummerWar36_0009_Layer-9.jpg

July, 30. 1:00. Graz was captured without resistance. Tank formation should attack Innsbruck, moving deep into the rear. But they meet very strong resistance in mountains of Klagenfurt.

SummerWar36_0008_Layer-10.jpg

August, 7. 9:00. Plans were changed. Our units attack Vienna. Planning cut off northern bank of Danube river.

SummerWar36_0007_Layer-11.jpg

August, 9. 4:00. Our tank corps are attacked from different directions. Helping them, armies of Northern Front started offence operation, attacking Linz and Hollabrunn

SummerWar36_0006_Layer-12.jpg

August, 11. 0:00. Quick march to Linz cutted off Hollabrunn. 2 austrian divisions were encircled and defeated.

SummerWar36_0005_Layer-13.jpg

August, 14. 5:00. Mass attack in two directions, on both sides of Enns river.

SummerWar36_0004_Layer-14.jpg

August, 24. 7:00. After some unsuccessful minor skirmishes near Innsbruck, Czech army attempted to mass attack it.

SummerWar36_0003_Layer-15.jpg

August, 26. 9:00. We had to stop attacking due to hard conditions and let our units rest.

SummerWar36_0002_Layer-16.jpg

August, 29. 5:00. Rains ended. General Jan Syrovy by himself leaded offence operation. Despite more than double numerical superiority, fighting in mountains is very hard. Effectiveness of defending units was significantly higher.

SummerWar36_0001_Layer-17.jpg

September, 1. 6:00. As usual, tank corps entered into defeated city first. Annex Austria.

SummerWar36_0000_Layer-18.jpg

New territory.​

RESULTS OF SUMMER WAR'36

1. Great boost of resources and supplies (about 4000 energy, 4500 metal, 1200 rares, 1700 oil, 2500 supplies). Also, Austria and Hungary had not a bad resource income.

2. Basic IC increased over 40, so we have 3rd tech slot.

3. Vienna has excellent airfield (10) for our future airforce.

4. Strategical possibility to attack Germany.

5. No country claims our provinces now.

6. Capturing some foreign tech-teams (I'll write a single post about it, right after understanding, how can I mod savegames)

7. Headache with partisans (basic level is 21%) and dissent (still 11%)

The Summer War have finished. It's time to be involved in economics and research again.

Another variant, start Autumn War. But the problem is Germany guaranteed independence of all our neighbours. And I'm not ready yet to fight with Germany.

HOME RULE. TECH-TEAM TAKE OVER SYSTEM.
I invented balanced(as I think) tech-team take over system, so here it is.

PRINCIPLES. GOALS AND RESTRICTIONS
1. Increasing research power according expansion.
2. Dependence on Intelligence level
3. Possibility of decreasing tech-team level after capturing.
4. Penalties for capturing tech-teams from another continent.
5. Difference between take over global tech-teams (like factory and universities) and persons (like Huderian and Shaposhnikov). Persons should be captured a little bit easier.
6. Dependence on political distance for capturing persons.
7. Balancing of total tech-teams number. Germany has about 20 tech-teams, so no other country should not receive more than 25.
8. Number of captured tech-teams could be varied according tech level of annexed country.

THE SYSTEM
1. After annexing country, player's intelligence tries to capture all foreign tech-teams.
2. Its success is based on player's Intelligence Network estimated efficiency (INEE) against this country. (So, you need to see it before invasion)
3. For each tech-team with skill level L there are generated L random numbers (from 0% to 100%): N1, N2, ..., NL and compared with Modified INEE (M).

M=30%+INEE
-20% for another continent (hard to assimilate)
+10% for person (easy to capture and come to an agreement)
-5% for person for each ideology distance step (close ideologies could work together well, while distant couldn't)
M is never greater than 95%.

4. New skill level of capturing tech-team is the number of Ni<M. (If you know maths well, than you see Bernoulli Distribution with probability M and number of trials L)
5. After modifying all tech-teams skill levels, the player could choose 1, 2 or 3 new tech-teams:
1, if annexed country had 1-2 tech slots (before invasion)
2, if annexed country had 3-4 tech slots
3, if annexed country had 5 tech slots​
6. After choosing, new tech-teams recorded into savegame file.
7. The player could delete any captured foreign tech-team at any time.
8. The total number of tech-teams could not be greater than 25.​

PS: Feel free to talk about this system. You could suggest for discussion some new principles or new system mechanics.

Somehow this aar doesnt seem so slow now.:rofl:

I've tired a little of calculations and waiting, so I did blitzkrieg without long preparations.

Nice work with that war. Attack was the best option, it seems.

Yes. Hungarian Opening was classical blitzkrieg, and I planned to finish Austrian Ending quickly too, but due to lack of planning and minor mistakes it had taken a month.

Nice green boble that you got there already, Yugoslavia next or what?

Next is Germany, I think. I wrote about the reasons above (Germany GIed all my neighbours, and conquering Germany will give me more profits)

5. Difference between take over global tech-teams (like factory and universities) and persons (like Huderian and Shaposhnikov). Persons should be captured a little bit easier.

I would tend to disagree here. I think converting large organisations such as factories and universities to your cause would actually be easier than individuals. With large organisations they'd generally be willing to accept contracts from their new government, and if not their staff, particularly those higher up, can always be forcefully rearranged to be more accommodating. Individuals on the other hand are far more likely to GTFO, go underground or generally be uncooperative, and there is far less that can be done about it, particularly if you want to make use of their skills.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with thatguy as institutions should be easier to get. The exception would be ministries of defence which are country specific and for the most part, worse than yours.

I would tend to disagree here. I think converting large organisations such as factories and universities to your cause would actually be easier than individuals. With large organisations they'd generally be willing to accept contracts from their new government, and if not their staff, particularly those higher up, can always be forcefully rearranged to be more accommodating. Individuals on the other hand are far more likely to GTFO, go underground or generally be uncooperative, and there is far less that can be done about it, particularly if you want to make use of their skills.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with thatguy as institutions should be easier to get. The exception would be ministries of defence which are country specific and for the most part, worse than yours.

OK. My arguments. The problem is not only in negotiation, but also in capturing and process organizing . Before annexing factories could be exploded or damaged, archives could be destroyed, key people could die, e.t.c. (While your intelligence tries to capture something, the opposite intelligence tries to destroy your plans.) After capturing, one person could work almost immediately, but big organization needs a lot of time for organizing processes, management, recruiting.

So, decreasing level of person should be lower (at general) than decreasing level of organisation.

Possibility of uncooperative person is considered in distance ideology penalty. So, NS and ST will not cooperate easily.

The main difference between organizations and persons, as I understand, that personal research usually does not required industrial base. It's just a theoretical research (like nuclear research) or skill improvement (like air doctrine).

Another way you could do it is add skill points to your current teams of that or similar type representing the capture of materiel of a certain company or the theoretic writings of an individual. This could also represent the people working for the 'old' company being kept and having their expertise integrated into the new heirachy.

Another way you could do it is add skill points to your current teams of that or similar type representing the capture of materiel of a certain company or the theoretic writings of an individual. This could also represent the people working for the 'old' company being kept and having their expertise integrated into the new heirachy.

This idea came to my head, too, but I don't see, how it could be systematized and balanced, yet.

Any ideas?