• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DOMESTIC POLICY. OBSERVATION

_CZEsliders1936.gif

I place Czechoslovakian domectic sliders near UK, Fance, SU and Germany, so we can see, that Czechoslovakia rules!

Free Market - the best! Hawk Lobby - the best! (Note the gap) Average Interventionism and Standing Army.

So, if we save our sliders position, it would be great!
The problem is that all this countries will try influence us toward their Stone Age.

***​

OK. Let's examine sliders.

CZEslidersxls1936.gif

Bluecolored effects are the real Czech advantages, whyle redcolored are the real disadvantages.

(NOTE! The game scales start counting from 0 to 9 in some cases, and from 1 to 10 in the other. The main variant - 1 to 10, so Wiki is a little bit incorrect)

REAL ADVANTAGES

1. Huge discount for production cost and time (only time for facilities).
2. High goods to money rate. Add to that Benes bonus!
3. Great manpower bonus. We just need obtain good manpower base.
4. Far less problems with occupied provinces.​

REAL DISADVANTAGES

1. Our diplomacy is not a diplomacy at all. We can do nothing. Not DoW. We practically have no chance to DoW, since the victim must have very high belligerence. Not JA. Not even GI.
2. Huge CGN. It seems that all of our people eat only French delicious, drive a personal car and live in a small Bohemian castle.

CONCLUSIONS

a) The most important factor for Czechoslovakia is diplomacy flexibility. So, it's obvious, we need move toward Interventionism as soon as possible!

b) All plans about war are not real in the short run. For strategic advantage we need to find the way how to DoW.

c) Due to our great CGN level we must to consider methods of its decreasing - changing ministers or even War!

d) For getting strategical advantage in the long run we should use our advantages at maximum. So, it's good idea to produce a lot of money and change them for resourses and supplies. Maybe we should make money reserve for the future.

e) Due to another advantage, big production discount, and considering lack of manpower it's strongly recommended to build modern expensive units - armors, planes, ships (in the future) or facilities.

f) In the case of annexiation we shouldn't build garrison. Infantry with MP-brigade will do well with pathetic groups of partisans, that dislike our great democracy. Another idea - mobile cavalry unit with MP-brig.

g) General ideas for moving sliders:

Dem - Aut: OK. Maybe moving to Aut for DoW w/out belligerence.
Left - Right: OK. Maybe moving Right, but at first we must move to fullFM.
OS - CS: OK. Maybe moving OS. CounterInt penalty doesn't matter, since we are not very technological.
FM - CP: OK. Should move fullFM, while we are Market Liberal.
SA - DA: Need move to SA, obviously.
Hawk - Dove: while fullDove is great (+50%$), we are far away from it. So, move to Hawk.
Int - Iso: Undoubtadly, move to Int.​

NEXT POST

I plan to examine our Foreign Affairs and TechTree, where I have one interesting idea already!

PS: Need to know, is my way to write interesting? Or should I skip or add something? )

Last edited:
Wow, with such pre-planning, I'm sure you're going to conquer Europe I think with zero cheats and reload. I salute you!!! :)

FOREIGN AFFAIRS. OBSERVATION.

At first, I note some countries with the lowest or highst relations. I consider +/-50 relations as normal.

EUROPE:

Austria -99 FA
Latvia -99 FA
Lithuania -99 FA
SU +99 ST
UK +124 ML
France +149 SL

ASIA:

Afganistan -99 FA
Com. China -99 ST
Manchukuo -99 FA
Mongolia -98 LE
Tannu Tuva -149 ST

AMERICA & AFRICA:

all relations within -50;+50

So, seems many authoritarian regimes "like" us. And the smaller the country, the more they "like" )
Good news - Alliance leaders like us realy. And Soviets too.

pos-cz.jpg

Ambassy of Czechoslovakia in Moscow

NEIGHBOURS

We have common borders with the following contries:

Germany -24 NS baseIC(bIC)=142
Poland 0 PA bIC=37
Romania +21 PA bIC=30
Hungary -49 FA bIC=23
Austria -99 FA bIC=19

I would remind you, that Czech bIC=33.
So, we have industry and tech parity with all neighbours except one.

AGREEMENTS AND CLAIMS

We have Non-Agression Pact with SU, Romania and Yugoslavia.
Also our Independence Guaranteed by Germany and Poland.
Bad news - Hungary has territorial claims on all Slovakia, and Austria - on Tabor.

This is not correct historically. In real history SU and France guaranteed Czech independance, while Poland had claimes on some border territories and was trying to divide Czechoslovakia.

CONCLUSION

a) Good relations with UK, France and SU should let us have a good trade. I need examine this question later.

b) We should consider Austria and Hungary as the most probable enemies.

c) We could easy join Allies (assuming 1Intervention step). Also, we could think about joining Commintern, and even joing Axis is not so impossible. So, we need strategical decision about Alliance.

d) As you can see, there is only ONE democracy in the Eastern Europe - WE ARE. So, Czechoslovakia under the pressure from all sides. Another question rises, should we make good relations or even ally some our neighbours or not???

e) One MAJOR at the borders is not a good sign. Specialy, if this Major - Germany with Power-Hungry Demagogue Hitler as the Head of State. 22% population of Czechoslovakia are ethnik germans, living in the north. So we could expect dissent in this area.

NEXT POST

I plan to look at my techs.

Also, I think there is no need to write about Intelligence now. Maybe I should, when will make strategic plans for my policy and army movements.

Question for thinker: what for I have wrote bIC?

TECH TEAMS. OBSERVATION

As I wrote above, Czechoslovakia has only 2 techteam slots.
Let's examine what teams we could use.

CzeTechTeams1936.gif

Brief examination shows us the following:

Skoda is the main Czech research team. All of 5 fields good for Industrial and Arm&Art research, specially for Armors. Some Infantry techs too. High Skill allows to use Skoda even without matching field.

C-K-D is our second team. Also good for Industry and Arm&Art, specially for Artillery and Electronics. Some Infantry techs too.

Jaroslav Heyrovsky and Charles University Prague are good for scientific researches - oil convertion, encription/decription

We have also 3(!) air-tech teams. Aero for bombers, Avia and Letov for fighters. It's funny, due to we have no planes right now. But it seems, that all Czechs dream of them )))

We also have middle-skill oficers - Emil Janouska and Sergej Vojcechovsky for Air and Land Doctrines. We should plan our doctrine research carefully, since use them clever, due to their not very high skill.

Ministry of Defence is multifunctional team, and I doubt, that it could be very useful. Maybe I wrong. I also wonder, if Cezka Zbrojovka is good for something.

CONCLUSION

a) Our main advantage is Industry and Armor research ability. We should use it at full rate.

b) We have also good chances in Enc/Dec techrun, so we should think about funding our Intelligence right now. A lot of money will help.

c) Air-research should be calculated carefully. But anyway, Czechoslovakia should build Air Force with the time flow.

d) We have no Naval research teams, so we need to get some, when we get some ports.​

NEXT POST

I plan to analize our current research and plan future research for 2-3 years ahead.

PS: Your ideas are always welcome.

TECHNOLOGIES. OBSERVATION.

My goal here is to make a good plan of future research for next 2-3 years.
I have gathered all information about techs from 1936 to 1941.

Year - Historical Year for the tech
Bluecolored techs - techs with Historical Year 1936.
Best team - tech team with the lowest number of days for research the tech.
Pure Days - number of days for best team to research the tech without any bonuses or penalties.

GAME MECHANICS: Early Research Penalty (in HOI2DD ARM 1.3) is -0,00125 or -0,125% daily. It means -3,75% for a month, -22,5% for a half year, -45% for a year, -90% for two years (-90% is a maximum penalty) Calculations for the numbers of days are very difficult, since all bonuses and penalties could change everyday. So, I use Research Assistant in my games.
You could also read about research in Wiki.

INDUSTRY
CZEindtech1936.png

We have Resource Industrialist minister (+10% ind. research), so it's very tempting to research some of these techs. But, we should look more carefully.

Cryptography: +5% research bonus tech takes 137 days. But it gives us only 5 days discount from every 100. It means, that we need 137/5*100=2740 days of total research for been repaid. Of course, if you have 5 tech slots, you'll be repaid after 2740/5=548 days (or 1,5 year). But Czechoslovakia has only 2 slots, and maybe could pretend on the third. So, the period will be 3 years. I think, I should research more useful tech in the beginning. While intelligence tech are good enough, but they need a lot of research. I plan to get blueprints for them at first.

Agriculture: +5% manpower. Good tech, but with my +12mp/year +5% means nothing.

Manufacturing: +5% IC. This is good tech, but it gives only 33*0,05=+1,65IC to the total IC. About 1/3 of it will be spend to Consumer Good Needs. So, our real production will get only +1,2IC. On the other hand, it means like we've got 1 factory for free after 4 months of research.

Conclusion for Industrial part: we should think about this techs only when we grow up. With our current economy it's not efficiently to research them. Maybe just Basic Machine Tools(low priority).

INFANTRY
CZEinftech1936.png

Spec Infantry: At first, I should note, that with low manpower we will not use specialized infantry divisions, consuming 15mp. So, no Mountain, Marines or Paratrooper.

Cavalry, Motorized, Mechanized: While Skoda is very good for Motorized and Mechanized researching, it could be a very long process. So, no Cavalry too.

Infantry: We have a lot of 1918-infantry(Inf-I) and it will be good to upgrade them into Inf-III at once. But researching Basic Infantry will take about 2 years, right before 1938. Of course, it's good to have 1939-infantry in 1938, but let's see the difference. The main difference: SA=10+2, Def=15+3, Tou=12+6. Toughness change very good for attacks, so if we plan to attack, Inf-3 will be much more efficient than Inf-2. For defence tactic this changes is not so significant.

Supply: RAR is very cheap and will help with repair rate. So we should think about this in 1937.

Conclusion for the Infantry part: We should research RAR with occasion in 1937, and should think about Basic Inf. But due to huge penalty, it is reasonable to research it in 1937 or even 1938.

to be continued...

ARMOR & ARTILLERY

CZEarmtech1936.png

Tanks: You should note, that we have Basic Light Tanks already. This tech is 2 years ahead of the time! Czechoslovakia rules again! It seems, that we don't need other techs here until 1938.

Artillery: We still use huge, slow and expensive Great War Heavy Artillery. So, our task, to get Early Art ASAP. If we plan make war in this year, we must not only research this tech (about 3 months) but also build new and upgrade old ones.

Art cost is 5IC*60days, so with our discounts 30% for domestic policy and 5% for Chief of Staff we get 5*0.7*0.95IC*60*0.7*0.95= 3.325IC * 39.9 days.
Obviously, in 1938 or even sooner we should start research of SP Art. AT Art is of no use now, due to low number of armors in foreign armies. Also, our Armors and Art-brigades don't need AT support.

Conclusion for Armor&Artillery Part: Before 1938 we should research only Early Art (high priority). In 1938-39 we should research Medium Armor and SPArt.

AIRCRAFT

CZEairtech1936.png

Due to small distance in Central Europe we should research Interceptors and CAS, but not Tactical and Fighters. Obviously, this variant also good for early research. This techs also takes a lot of time, so it is recommended to gain blueprints first. Also, Interceptors more useful for us, since we have strong land army, but suffer from lack of air defence.

Conclusion for Aircraft Part: We should gain blueprints and research Basic CAS and Basic Interceptors. Priority for Interceptors.

to be continued...

AIR DOCTRINES

CZEairdoct1936.png

Obviously, we should research Flying Circus and Force Substitution for our Interceptors. Since their effect is small, so the priority is average. It would be good to research Battlefield Destruction techs before we start to use our new CAS (I doubt, that it will be 1936, more probable spring 1937)

Also, we should research Operational Destruction brunch for Interdiction and Logistical Strike bonuses and for access to Perimetr Defence brunch.

Conclusion for Air Doctrines Part: Before may 1937 we should research first 3 doctrines. Until 1939 we should research all other doctrines in BatDest and OperDest, and if we quick enough, some fighters tech from FirstStr and PerDef. (Average priority)

NAVAL AND NAVAL DOCTRINES

Since we have no Navy, ports and no naval tech and doctrines, so I don't think about it until I have a port and strong needs in Navy. I doubt, that it will be soon. My prediction - 1939 is the earliest date.

to be continued...
and I have really interesting calculations about Land Doctrines for Czechoslovakia.

i disagree with you that ceška zborojevka isn't good, it has good matches for infantry techs ( i mean ONLY infantry, not supply, cavalry, etc.)

EDIT: and i think you later get another land doctrine tech team (skill 5), i'm not sure through
and if you ally with germany, you may want to consider switching to blitzkrieg, your land doctrine tech team(s) have good matches
and you can buy blueprints from the germans

i disagree with you that ceška zborojevka isn't good, it has good matches for infantry techs ( i mean ONLY infantry, not supply, cavalry, etc.)

EDIT: and i think you later get another land doctrine tech team (skill 5), i'm not sure through
and if you ally with germany, you may want to consider switching to blitzkrieg, your land doctrine tech team(s) have good matches
and you can buy blueprints from the germans

As you can see, there is only ONE tech-team which is the best for almost all infantry techs - Skoda. And with a big gap. Yes, Zborojevka good for infantry, but not so good, as Skoda. Maybe, when Czechoslovakia will have 5 tech slots, Zborojevka could be useful, but now we will use only tech-team leaders.

You absolutely right about blirzkrieg. But I show you detailed analysis.;)

LAND DOCTRINES

CZElanddoct1936.png

So, what we see?
We have only 2 doctrines in Superior Firepower Path.
Should we research this path further, or should we abandon it?

We lose only one tech if we change to Grand Battle Plan. If we join Allies, they could help us with Blueprints in a time. Or we could lose both, and begin to research Mobility Focus. Obviously - Spearhead, since we have neither manpower for wave attacks, nor good tech teams for research Human Wave Path. Also, you can see, that Vojcehovsky is the most effective research team (at general).

And what about SupFirepower itself?
You see, it's a very slow path and it's assumes slow tactics for attack or defence. This is good for big country like USA or SU, but for little Czechoslovakia time is money*100 )) Also, as we will see later, this Path will lose all its advantages very soon, with correspondence to Spearhead.

Let's look on the following picture, where I show time-table of immediate research of all possible land doctrines from 1 Jan 1936 to 30 Dec 1939

LandDoctCalculation.png

So, if we make LandDoctrine tech run, we could research 4 doctrines in SupFP (+2, that we know), 4 in GBP (+1, that we know, since 1 abandoned), pure 5 in SH and 4 in HW. So, the total number of doctrines will be 6, 5, 5, 4 correspondently.

But look at their effects (bottom of the table). Organisation in SH Path will be equal or better always since July 36. And in 1939 it will be higher by 50-100%. Also, it gives great discounts for Armors. Also, you'll have HQ'39 in 1937 (the best date!). Also consider, that SH combat events is the best for our tactic, cause we'll have no mp-consuming assaults, but breakthroughs and encirclements.

We should also consider the variant with blueprints.
As I know, there are no possibility to get SFP BPs in the early game. Even if some minor Allies research this Path, they will do it slow. USA does not join any alliances due to the high isolationism. Both of UK and France have GBP Path, and you can get BPs, but I think, in the early game you could get only Trench Warfare and Mass Assault. It's not very probable, that we join Axis, but if we do, we will get first four BPs for sure. Maybe we should???

Anyway, even without BPs research dates for SH Path are quiet good.

Since we have no doubt now, that Spearhead Doctrines are the best for us, another questions rises - should we research Land Doctrines at all? May be we should research something else? Or maybe we should research them only in Historical Years for minimizing penalty?

If you look at the table, you'll see that in the summer'38 we will have great bonus for organization and moral. This effect is equal, as if we double our army for free, since doctrines need not to build or upgrade something. Also, if you look carefully, you can see, that we have no penalties for early research higher that for halfyear - it's 22,5% penalty, but only for the first day, total penalty will be much lower, e.g. for Spearhead Doctrine we will waste only 30 days (about 12%).

Conclusion for Land Doctrines Part: Without a doubt, we will use one our research slot for Spearhead Doctrines Path using Sergej Vojcechovsky. Also, it's a very good reason to join Axis for obtaining blueprints of these doctrines.

to be continued...

Great AAR

And I bet you that you work for the KGB! trying to undermine the populace with subliminal messages......:eek:

Thanks!
I do my best )

no subliminal messages, it's only truth, because truth prevails )))
KGB now is called FSB.

Thanks!
I do my best )

no subliminal messages, it's only truth, because truth prevails )))
KGB now is called FSB.

Just do your best and i'll be great.

Also, how did you know the KGB was dismantled? !!!!!! That was secret info!!!!

TECHNOLOGY PLANING

I want to finish technology chapter with calculating Czech research schedule. I've gathered almost all previous conclusions and made this table.

While one slot is always for Land Doctrine, this table for the second one (and maybe for the third, I hope).
Column "M" is days/30, i.e. round numbers of months for easy calculating, blue colored columns - days(months) for research with blueprints.

CZETechTimeTable.png

The first, that we can see, that total research with BP for 1936 and 1937 practically consumes 1 year (with a little addition). It means, that we'll have very balanced research plan, if we get BPs. So, joining alliance is the most important factor.

We could also find time reserves by deleting low priority techs.

Note, while Early Art has high priority, we will research it only after CKD will finished Mobility Focus research. Maybe it's reasonable to research Basic Machine at first, while we have +10% from minister, and it will give us a small IC bonus.

CONCLUSIONS
(for all tech chapter)

a) Slot 1: C-K-D researches Mobility Focus, after that Sergej Vojcechovsky all other Spearhead Doctrines.

b) Slot 2: Basic Machine Tools, Early Bomber, Early Art, etc according the table. Assuming we have BPs.

c) We must join alliance with Major for getting BPs ASAP!!! Since, Allies have 2 Majors, it could be a reason.

d) We should regularly check intelligence information about foreign tech research, so we could get BPs before we start our own research. (It seems, that I need Intelligence chapter)​

NEXT POST
It seems, that I have to write about Industrial Intelligence.

PS: Are you waiting for battles here? )))

A Russian in the CIA!?:rofl::rofl:

But all humor besides you really do amaze me!
Ill give an example of myself: Should I declare war on USSR? *two minutes of thinking* Yes I should! and then I proceed to get torn apart. While you seem to be able to plan your war up until the end of the game!

Keep up the good work.

Just do your best and i'll be great.

Also, how did you know the KGB was dismantled? !!!!!! That was secret info!!!!

I thought, that if I do my best, then I'll be great)))

They came directly to me and said about this.

A Russian in the CIA!?:rofl::rofl:

But all humor besides you really do amaze me!
Ill give an example of myself: Should I declare war on USSR? *two minutes of thinking* Yes I should! and then I proceed to get torn apart. While you seem to be able to plan your war up until the end of the game!

Keep up the good work.

Don't you know: the half of CIA are russians?

I played chess many years ago, and have very good math education, so, it's just don't interesting to me to click all around the map. After a number of games, I gain my fun from game mechanics researching, calculations and strategy planning. Sometimes, I discover interesting things -like this.

Thanks )