• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ARMY. OBSERVATION

CZEarmy1936.png

So, we have
3 LArm-II
1 LArm-I
1 Mtn-I
18 Inf-I
2 Inf-II
total: 25 divisions

and
2 AA-I
2 Art-I
2 AC-I
1 Eng-I​
total: 7 brigades

As you see, we have some modern units in our army but the biggest part of the army is very old fashioned. We need upgrades.

UPGRADES PRIORITIES

Infantry divisions - high. (the difference between inf'18 and inf'36 is really huge, and we can't wait for inf'39)

LArm-1 - low (the difference is small, and I plan to make one combined formation, so speed 8 need not to be upgraded.

Art-1 - low (we need to research Art-IV before upgrade, since Art-III is very non-effective and slow)

OFFICERS

Just a pair of words.
We have no good-skilled commanders (max skill=2), but most of them are young (not "old school") and some have good promotions - LW, Tr, OS, DS.
I think, I'll show them, when I start war actions.

Last edited:
INTELLIGENCE TECH REPORT

I also chech Intelligence reports for other countries, and discovered, that UK should have Basic Machine Tools Blueprint, since they have not this tech in their research pool. (I've check other countries and see that BMT have high priority amongst all - major and minor - countries. So, the only one reasone, that UK doesn't research BMT is that they have it)

So, we could research BMT and as soon, as we join Allies, we could get BMT blueprint.

So, the INTRO is over!

ACTIONS part is coming

Last edited:
1936. January, 1.

DOMESTIC POLICY ACTIONS. SLIDERS
One move toward Interventionalism. (We can join alliances now and guarantee independence. Also, we decreased CGN and diplomacy cost by 10%.)

FOREIGN TRADE
Before we change our Foreign Minister Eduard Benes we could use his ability of cheap negotions with dictators. Let's get some money for our diplomacy and intelligence.
Current cost of each negotioations is 7$, so we need get 8$ minimum. Country could change only half of its money, so we need to talk only rich countries.
At first, I want only to see, how much I could get

Bulgary(-49) has 50$ but trade is very unprofitable
Communist China(-99): 25$ for 182supps, prob. 80 rate: 182/(25-7)=10.1 (but, IIRC, ComChi often do not send their tradegoods, so I don't want to risk)
Germany(-24): 35$ for 314supps, probability 80 rate: 11.2
Guanxi Clique (-48): 25$ for 239supps, prob. 80 rate: 13.2
Italy(+16): 25$ for 131supps, prob. 80 rate: 7.2
Japan(-49): 50$ for 492supps, prob. 80 rate: 11.4
Shanxi(-48): 25$ for 239supps, prob. 80 rate: 13.2
SU(+99): 15$ for 83supps, prob. 81 rate: 10.3
Yunnan(-48): 25$ for 239supps, prob. 80 rate: 13.2
So, we need trade with Italy, SU, Germany first.​
Open negotiations with Italy. (-7$, Concluded, +25$, -780 metal)
Open negotiations with SU. (-7$, Concluded, +15$, -83 supps)
Open negotiations with Germany. (-7$, Concluded, +35$, -314 supps)
Now I risk, and spend almost all my resourses for japanese 50$
I want to join Allies today and increase my Int. level.
Open negotiations with Japany. (-7$, Concluded, +50$, -61 supps, -400Rares, -400Oil, -900Energy, -100Metal)

DOMESTIC POLICY ACTIONS. MINISTERS
Foreign Minister: Stefan Osusky (dip. discounts, Dissent +2%)
Minister of Security: Victor Volanec (-10% CGN, Dissent +2%)
Head of Military Intelligence: Bohumil Nemec (+5% IC, int. bonuses, Dissent +2%)
Chief of Army: Jan Surovy (-15% supplies consumption, Dissent +1%)

DIPLOMACY
Join Alliance with UK. (chance:54, -15$, YEAH!!! I'm in! Lucky...)

TECHNOLOGY
Abandon Superior Firepower.
Abandon Firepower Focus.
Slot 1. Mobility Focus with C-K-D
Slot 2. Basic Machine Tool with Skoda

INTELLIGENCE
increase level (-80$, current level: 8)

PRODUCTION
zero-balance for supplies, all other IC for CG
We need to decrease high dissent and earn some money for diplomacy. We will not build or upgrade in the closest future.

I'm also expect, that my allies will help me with resources. It would be nice of them )

1936. Febrary, 1.
Our current resourses and production:
1936feb1.png
As you see, our allies give us some resourses, so we have even little profit in Oil (converted from energy) and good profit in Money.

Our dissent was greatly decreased.

We've also opened negotiation with UK (-30$, give Basic Light Tank BP +41$, get Basic Machine Tool and Early Bomber BPs, prob. 100, concluded) in January, 8. So, our BMT research is doubled. And we have BP for next technology.

Once, France have tried to influence us, but it was hard for them. Anyway, it's a bad sign, since our sliders much better then French.

I start one production run of Armored Cars (my tanks will get additional org, attack and defence) and one run of HQ-I (because we have no one, and HQ is very important unit). I changed my mind about interceptors, because I think 1 HQ much better than 1-2 Interceptors.

Last edited:
1936. March, 1.​

1936mar1.png

On Febrary, 16 Hungary launched smear campaign against us. (+2% Dissent)
After that we have Opened Trade Agreements with UK (rel. +158, give 8$/day, get 22suplies/day, prob. 75, concluded).
So, we have moved our IC from supplies production to CG production for the fastest dissent decrease.

1936. April, 1.​

1936apr1.png

On March, 5 we have completed research of Basic Machine Tools (boost totalIC by +1.6IC) and started Early Bomber research with Skoda.

In this period we've get AC-I and 5% discount in the prod run.
Also, France have influenced us once again, barely though.

IMPORTANT GLOBAL EVENTS

March, 7. Germany re-occupied Rhineland. UK and France started gearing for war.
March, 20. Poland suddenly changed its government.
March, 23. Italy annexed Ethiopia.​

PS: somebody knows, how can I protect Czechoslovakia from French influence? (except double IC effect)

Wow, you seem to have an obsession(to say the least) for graphs and numbers. It really makes my head hurt but i'll try to follow.

This is very impressive work, here. Enlightening! I just finished a Czech game and wish I had studied this earlier!

I hope when you are done you share some of your conclusions at the hoi2wiki.

Take care,

My English not so good for wiki writing, but I'm ok, if somebody will use some of my materials.

Thanks.

Wow, you seem to have an obsession(to say the least) for graphs and numbers. It really makes my head hurt but i'll try to follow.

A little bit crazy, yes ))

1936. May, 1.​

1936may1.png

As soon, as I decreased dissent, I've broken Trade Agreement with UK (money for supplies). It was unprofitable, and the only reason - fast dissent decrease. So, I have some IC now for upgrades.

I got second AC-brigade, and UK gave me some BPs: Early Cavalry, Early AT, Early Marine, Improved Oil Refining, Census Tabulating. Nice of them, although this techs are not in my plans.

:) I wish you luck in your future careers.

I know you likely though of this but the Czech do have very good border defence against Germany. Have you considered a northwest strike and take a good chunk of Germany industry to the west?

I break a little my style of describing

May, 7.
Disorders on the streets. (I have got +2% dissent without visible reasons. Any ideas?)
(As I have known, it's 1.3b bug. Successful smear campaign do not show the message)
May, 16. Army of Czechoslovakia entered Prague under pretence of Great Military Parade.
Parade.png

France, in the third time, had influenced us. Barely.
6 Inf'18 divisions have been upgraded to Inf'36, third AC-brigade was built.

1936. June, 11.
ELECTIONS

It seems, that inexplicable disorders had provoke a chain of events and lead to early elections. So, what we have?
CZEelections1936.png

Let's examine our variants. (You could see here all information about candidates, and here about domestic policies.)

LEFT

We'll stay Market Liberal.
We'll have the same Heads.
Kamil Krofta is the same, as Osusky.
Emil Franke is useless, so we'll need a change (with +2% dissent)
Victor Folanec stays.
Boris Trumper is not good, as Bohumil Nemec, so we'll need a change (with +1% dissent)

conclusion: no advantages, +3% dissent due to changes.

RIGHT

We'll become Social Conservative.
Jan Surovy is Resigned Generalissimo (Supplies +10%, Dissent growth rate +10%, Money production -10%, Transport Capacity +15%) and Old General ( Infantry construction bonus -5%, Mountain construction bonus -5%, Militia construction bonus -5%, Heavy Cruiser construction bonus +5%, Light Cruiser construction bonus +5%, Destroyer construction bonus +5% ). We'll lose our money production, but will start preparing for war.
Stefan Osusky will stay.
Emile Dobricek (+10%IC) is a great replacement, since we don't research any Industrial Techs.
Otakar Eischer is currently useless, so we'll need a change (with +1% dissent)
Bedrich Homola is also not so good as Nemec, so we'll need a change (with +1% dissent)

conclusion: good variant for war. Also we get IC boost and some flexibility with ministers. But we should note, that Paternal Autocrat Jan Surovy could be very hard changed. Only by events, or turning Left. Also, we will lose possibility to move slider toward Free Market. And, I believe, our relations with our allies could be freezed a little.

KEEP CURRENT

No effect.

I don't believe, that Czechoslovakia could stay alive without war. So, while we have some military advantages, I trust all the power in the country to general Jan Surovy.

Elect Right.

Jansyrovy.PNG

Congratulations, Mr. President!
Read Wiki about Jan Syrovy.

Wait!
Our Democratic slider moved to 6 (not 7) and Political Left moved to 0 (not 1).
So, Czechoslovakia is Paternal Autocrat now.
It seems, that Jan Syrovy did not show all his cards.

Anyway, people likes him and I trust, too.
Also, as PA, we could DoW any country now, despite its belligerence.

DOMESTIC POLICY ACTIONS. MINISTERS
it's a pity, but I can't change Otakar Eischer, since we are PA now (
Head of Military Intelligence: Bohumil Nemec (+5% IC, int. bonuses, Dissent +1%)

NEXT POST
I need take care about geopolitics and military strategy. It seems, I could start war actions this summer.

Last edited:
:) I wish you luck in your future careers.

I know you likely though of this but the Czech do have very good border defence against Germany. Have you considered a northwest strike and take a good chunk of Germany industry to the west?

Thanks.

I'll write all my thought in the next post. So, you'll see, I have some vision about northwest strike, too ))

FOREIGN AFFAIRS. PLANING GEOPOLITICS.

Now, with hands untied, Czechoslovakia could play role of punishing sword of the Democratic Alliance. While all other democratic countries could not DoW, we do it! We will free Europe of Fascism and Nazism. Maybe, communism too.
We will unite all the peoples of Central and Eastern Europe into big Democratic Federation.

So, our first aim is Hungary and Austria.

Independence of Hungary is guaranteed by Austria and Italy.
Independence of Austria is guaranteed by UK, Hungary, Germany and Italy.

So, if I don't want fight with Germany, I should DoW Hungary.
If I do so, Austria and Italy could DoW me in response.
But I really doubt, that Italy, bordering with France and UK, my allies, will start the war. Even if they do, they will be quickly defeated - in Africa, Mediterranean and mainland.
Austria more probable DoW us, and this variant much better for us, than if they will not. Every DoW rises our belligerence and dissent.

So, here is a basic plan for Summer'36 campaign:
Plan1.png

We DoW Hungary and attack them.
Austria DoW us, and we conduct fights near the border.
After Hungary's fall, our united army attacks Austria.
Annex both.

We will get 20%+5%(for Otackar Eischer) of their basic IC, i.e. (23+19)*0.25=10.5. So, counting our basic 33IC we will get third research slot. Excellent!

Further,

our thin and long main territory bordering from 3 side by Germany is very a danger disadvantage. And if we just consider that Germany will unite with Austria and Hungary, then even our forts wouldn't help us.

But, when we annex Austria, this disadvantage could be turned into advantage. Our mainland, as a spear pierces German territory, and rich industrial south-west region (Bavaria and nearest areas) is outflanked from 3 sides (assuming French border).

So, our plan for Spring-Summer'37 is the following:

Plan2.png

We DoW Germany and attack in two directions from Czechia - Norths and West, trying to cut off South and West from supplies in Berline.
Our main direction - West, because we want to grab all industrial provinces before France do it.
After conquering South and West of Germany, we move North.
Finally, Eastern provinces are conquered.
Annex Germany.
Note, we don't need to conquer Prussia, since there no VP there.

Annexing Germany we'll get 142*0.25=35.5 basic IC, so we'll get 4th and maybe even 5th research slots. And Czechoslovakia becomes Major!

(And I still need invent a system of foreign tech-teams obtaining)

***​

Another idea to attack Yugoslavia, Bulgary and Romania. But I don't like this idea, since Germany in the north will be unpredictable. Also, it's better to fight Germany as soon as possible - every year increases the difference between our armies. And final argument, northern campaign will be much more profitable than southern.

Any corrections or suggestions?

A suggestion, A large force should be around the Cottbus-Breslau province area as you must consider the fact that up to 15 additional divisions might come from the provinces bordering Poland. Those additional men could do a counter encirclement of what your plan seems to be.

June, 12. Next day after our elections, France have elected Left.
June, 23. We have finished Early Bomber research. Since we had no useful blueprints, I traded with France almost all my resourses for Force Substitution Doctrine BP and started research it with Skoda.
July, 1. Increased Intelligence level (-90$, level:9).
July, 6. We have finished Mobility Focus research and started Spearhead Doctrine with Sergej Vojcechovsky. For fast org increasing new Chief of Staff is Josef Turanec (+20% org regain, +1% Dissent)
July, 17. Civil War in Spain.
July, 21. SU helps Republican Spain

also, we have been influenced by France twice, barely. And by UK too, both times they moved us toward Standing Army.

Two inf'18 were upgraded, and AC-brigade was built.

1936. July, 21.

1936jul20map.png

We didn't upgraded all infantry divisions (10*Inf'18 and 10*Inf'36), have no art-brigades, our first HQ will be built in August, 11. But all our units placed for attacking.

Our Intelligence reports that Hungary and Austria have 11 infantry divisions (each) and Hungary has 1 fighter squadron. Also, report says, that both countries finished their research of Inf'36 few time ago, so they main part of their army should be Inf'18.

The question - to attack or not?

A suggestion, A large force should be around the Cottbus-Breslau province area as you must consider the fact that up to 15 additional divisions might come from the provinces bordering Poland. Those additional men could do a counter encirclement of what your plan seems to be.

OK. I'll try to enforce this flank.

This is awsomeness.:rofl:

Are you planning on staying with the allies or leaving after you take over germany and get strong enough? Does czech still get events when PA?

I think, I will stay with Allies long enough. They have many BPs and good research teams. Also, even if I conquer all Central and Eastern Europe, I'll be just a smaller version of Great Germany and I will border SU.

I think about cold war and spy operations in the long run.
My future vision - Great Czechoslovakia, Allies without colonies, broken Soviet Union. Also I need think about Japan, China and USA. I don't plan to dominate in the world, but I want, that nobody dominate at all.

After all, we are Defenders of Democracy. Even if we authoritarian and aggressive a little )