• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

IsaacCAT

Field Marshal
141 Badges
Oct 24, 2018
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
This post in reddit resumes very well how good is the game:

I think It speaks by itself that players are enjoying the game and praising it. If you have similar stories or experiences it should be nice to have this thread or a similar one in this forum that new players could read next to the other posts.

So, keep bumping this thread with your posts about your amazing experiences with the game.

• 12Like
  • 4Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I always loved how the cities are growing when you are getting more and more pops in it and i love that the cities are growing differently

its one off my very old savegames older than 2.0 but i still love it i have it as my desktop background
20200801235859_1.jpg

• 11Like
  • 6Love
Reactions:
20200304210701_1.jpg

That was my very first Run with Macedon (yea it's not particularly big, but that's not what makes it special)

what special about this is the Capital xD

20200213230146_1.jpg

20200304002951_1.jpg

my Finger was hurting after i moving all slaves from thos filthy little settlements to the "Capital not hostile to slaves" xDD

Sry i only have these picture in german :/ if you want something translated i can help :3

• 5Like
Reactions:
Now, after 1500 hours of play, I've decided to play as Egypt and get the achievements, even though I unfortunately didn't get the "Periplus of the Seas" achievement because I formed the "Argead Empire" or here the "Hellenistic Empire" too early

But well "Pax Aeterna, Soter and The Corners of the World" were still in there so the run was only 3/4 fail xD

1667660670815.png

I love too see how a Map gets painted in one Colour

Yeah after 1500 Hours my first World run i know but better yet than later

1667660817278.png

I still love the city creating that happening here, ut looks so beautiful and gigantic

1667660971321.png

Of course, the capital is once again the strongest metropolis of all, so I decided to move all slaves there again

Unfortunately, what a little disappoints me is that only one slave is promoted per month and not as many as the percentages allow

1667661179629.png

As you can see, 668,25% is added to the progression rate every month, so I would also like to have the natural progression 6, but unfortunately this is not the case

Now that the capital region is so huge, of course you also want to know what's up with the Levi's and how far you can go with the legions

1667661560554.png

715 Levi's well thats a gigantic number, bigger is always better :D

1667661690904.png

Anyone need mercenaries? he has a whopping 13 martial and in addition to an army of 323k men, it only costs 311 gold per month xDD

Speaking of gold, there was something about the economy...

1667661877099.png

I like how at the beginning of the game trade is the most important source of gold (except for Maurya) and in the end game the most important thing is simply taxes xDD

1667662111040.png

1667662129600.png

Almost all assimilated and converted except for a few places in India, Gaul and Iberia

1667662273932.png

1667662300254.png

60k of 91k Assimilated and 70K Converted

What else is there to say other than the game is just really awesome and it's a shame that the development has been stopped (temporarily) it hasn't really been confirmed yet that it's dead let's hope that with Vic3 I:R too gets a second chance

Otherwise it's just a waste of an era that is still loved by many players

1667662583390.png

1667662593980.png

1667662632364.png

I love it <3

• 6Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Is an AAR soemthing you made in the time you are playing or do you make it after the game? is there a Replay function in this game?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is an AAR soemthing you made in the time you are playing or do you make it after the game? is there a Replay function in this game?
No replay function as I know.

To write the AAR I pause the game and write down what is going on, because I am unable to remember everything afterwards.

Reactions:
I also like to take pictures when doing an AAR. Unlike Isaac, I simply take many saves every couple of years and then load those to create a narrative after my session is over.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I also like to take pictures when doing an AAR. Unlike Isaac, I simply take many saves every couple of years and then load those to create a narrative after my session is over.
Have you got a link from one of your AAR to read?

Your last ones are from last year succession campaigns we played together. I am sure you have many stories to tell from the new content added by Invictus.

Last edited:
Have you got a link from one of your AAR to read?

Your last ones are from last year succession campaigns we played together. I am sure you have many stories to tell from the new content added by Invictus.
I haven't played Invictus since 1.1 I believe. I simply didn't ahve the time (devving myslef) and once I couldn't play the newest versions (after 1.2 since I have a mac) I didn't play Invictus.

Reactions:
Speaking of Imperator by the way. Should we create a thread in similar style that existed on the old Vicky2 and EU:Rome forums for suggestions to Vicky3 and "Rome 2"?

Reactions:
I recently decided to do a game of all Paradox games by time period,
and re-launched Imperator.

This game is underrated.

I started as Egypt to get the Soter achievement (effectively, conquer Ionia, Olympia and Babylon). I secured the Levant after some Diadochi infighting, then Greece and Olympia from a foothold I had. The Roman were approaching north, so I started improving relation and trading with them to be in their good graces - though I kept a dense layer of forts to be extra safe.

Manpower and gold reserves full, I attacked the Seleucid to move towards Babylon. I was overconfident and got smashed in the first battles. Fine, I could recover. Then Thrace declared war on me and invaded the Levant from Anatolia. Then freaking Rome declared war on me and besieged Greece. I almost gave up, but this was Ironman, so I had no save and decided to at least try.

I raised all levies and recruited three groups of mercenaries, giving me better generals than than my opponents. Brutal, attritional warfare raged accross Palestine. My legion/royal guard was completed wiped out after a retreat, but my mercenaries smashed the main Seleucid force and sent them reeling, so I rolled north and crushed the smaller Thracian force, securing the war goal and white peace. I expected Greece to be completely overrun, but the Roman had poor generals and were bogged down by the many forts I had left as extra safety. By this point I was bleeding gold and was almost out of manpower, I dodged the Roman fleet, barely broke their last siege of the war goal, and proceeded to clean up their poorly led forces. They too accepted white peace, and I could concetrate what I had on the remainder of the Seleucid. They sued for peace as I was liberating the Levant, giving me the province I wanted.

Later in the game, I noticed the province I was assimilating gave me more levies than the others, and realized that you get levies from integrated pops only. My cursor raced to "build theater", but I needed a tech, which forced me to give a closer look to the tech tree (and to notice the interesting options that were hidden a few layers down). A frenzy of cultural assimilation ensued, and when the next Roman attack came, I was allied with Carthage and better prepared to handle it.

That was fun, I will play it again. I couldn't understand why Paradox had stopped developing Imperator, until I looked at Steam charts and saw the number of daily players was 1k-2k or less, compared to tens of thousands for HoI4 or CK3. This is such a shame, Imperator is a worthy addition to the Paradox catalog and could have become as good as the others if the public hadn't given up on it.

Last edited:
  • 3Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The game is frankly underrated. I am having fun for three years now and there are so many possibilities yet to explore. Just reading what Invictus is doing and all the different mechanics in the game that could be tweaked or expanded on.

The game was dismissed by the fan base and It never recovered as the learning curve for a game like this is very steep and you do not start to enjoy it until you have learnt the basics, and that takes a lot of time and effort.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Now, after 1500 hours of play, I've decided to play as Egypt and get the achievements, even though I unfortunately didn't get the "Periplus of the Seas" achievement because I formed the "Argead Empire" or here the "Hellenistic Empire" too early

But well "Pax Aeterna, Soter and The Corners of the World" were still in there so the run was only 3/4 fail xD

View attachment 903964
Do you still have your backup? I'm interested, I'm looking for a backup with an entire conquest of the game's provinces.

1670088281173.png

That moment when even Rome with triple army size gets eaten :D

I play on normal difficult ^^

1670088575198.png

I was running for the rednaxelA Achievement ^^

I started as Pandya on the bottom right corner of the Map :3

• 5Like
Reactions: