• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RichieD603

Recruit
Oct 7, 2022
Hello All! So I know this must have been a topic of discussion at some point.. I'm new here, and I've been playing Cities on Xbox since 2018. HUGE fan. I absolutely love this game... that being said, this is the only thing I've ever wanted to speak my mind about.. There are 2 things that console players desperately need, and it's a little disappointing that one of these hasn't been implemented yet.... First and foremost, the game needs TELEPHONE POLES! The wooden kind that follow roads... These are a staple of city building, and these should snap to any road, as well as allowing free-form placement. The current ones are very ugly and we end up using earthquake detectors as a work around.. these would create so many new design options as relying on a radiant power source forces players to always build dense areas to avoid having to use the current power lines.. Second thing consoles need is Water Source Markers. Console players don't have access to custom maps, so having full control over the maps we do have would make an enormous difference. A great start would be giving us water source markers to help create new lakes and rivers. We currently only have water outlets and pumps. These sort of work, but creating rivers and lakes in that way can be very expensive, as well as very frustrating in general.
If we had these two little things implemented on the console version, they would absolutely be complete game changers. Thank you for letting me rant, and thank you for such an amazing game!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
The housing estate next to me, started in 2013, has NO Telephone Posts since the telephone service is run underground and appears as a connection box by the front door.

Also, transformers with a large power radius would be a good addition. Or a water line and power line utility combo? Anything that would allow more space between buildings without needing to find work-arounds.

VUmzq32.gif
to the Console subforum.