• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The King is dead! May he rot in his grave, like all other oppressors!
The only true leader is the people; we just harness their leadership and point it in the right direction. Bonaretti the tyrant and Carlo Alberto were doing it wrong; they pointed the people in the backwards direction and let them slip.
Giovani Europa shall continue in our peaceful struggle for liberty, equality, and enfranchisement.
VIVA ITALIA!

-Giuseppe Mazzini

The following agreement has been reached between Societa Hermes and the Kingdom of Sardinia Piedmont

A Glass Factory is to be built in Nice, on Bonaretti ancestral lands.

Per the agreement, Sardinia-Piedmont will contribute £5000 to the construction efforts, and will purchase £5000 Societa Hermes bonds (details below).
This factory will cost £10503 ((correct me if I'm wrong TH3)), which will be paid for with the £10K already mentioned, as well as £503 of Societa Hermes' own capital.
This factory will be subsidized until it can be profitable on its own.

Societa Hermes issues the following bonds to the Government of Sardinia-Piedmont

These bonds are in the amount of £5 000 (Five Thousand Pounds)
These bonds will pay a coupon of 10% of the face value every five years, beginning January 1st, 1861.
If the coupons on these bonds are not paid within five years of the agreed date, the Kingdom of Sardinia has the right to take control of the Glass Factory under construction in Nice.
The face value of the bonds are due on January 1st, 1886.
If the face value of these bonds are not paid within five years of the agreed date, the Kingdom of Sardinia has the right to take control of the Glass Factory under construction in Nice.
These bonds are non-tradable.
If an agreement can be reached between the Kingdom Of Sardinia-Piedmont and Societa Hermes, the face value of these bonds may be paid prior to January 1st, 1886.

((I will do a complete document of Societa Hermes finances, but I am certain we have £503))

Wearing my hat of a Senator of this Kingdom, I must note that I find this deal as not entirely corresponding with the concept of the public interests. The money of the taxpayers, the money of the state, goes into pockets of one industrialist to build a factory, in which the state would not own even a share or receive any preferences. Does the economic situation or unemployment so urgently demand a factory in Nice? Does not this money could be better spent on the military (it is the cost of seven infanty regiments), infrastructure, improvement of our Carthaginian colony? Does not the Kingdom at least deserve a share in the profits and controls of the enterprise that it finances so generously, in fact, paying the half of its cost in addition to the usual subsidies? While agreeing with Signor Prime Minister that we must develop the industry of underdeveloped regions like Nice, I believe that we must keep in mind that regionalist interests do not become more important than the interests of the whole Kingdom and of its two main parts, the evergreen Sardinia and flowery Piedmont.

However, since the matter is not within my department and belongs to the eparchy of the Signori Prime Minister, Minister of Finance and Minister of Commerce and I was specially ensured by His Excellency the Count of Nice that the interests of the state defence would not be harmed, I would refrain from further discussion of this topic.

- Cesare Luigi Amat, Marchese di Soleminis and Minister of War

((Privy Council - Private))

Gabriele for Senate: Si
Sforza for Senate: Si
Cignetti for Sente: Si

Alighieri for nobility: Si
Uleri for nobility: Si
Cavalieri for nobility: Si

Bonaretti for Marchese di Vittoria: Si

Last edited:
I pass my condolences on the death of King Carlo Albert to his family, friends, and all of Sardinia Piedmont. He will be remembered fondly.

Furthermore, I wish long life, good health, and good rule to his son, King Victor Emmanuell II.

A MEMORANDUM FROM THE OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER TO THE KING AND PEOPLE OF SARDINIA[PIEDMONT

P53ZOCh.png

Marchese Cesare Luigi Amat di Soleminis ((Marschalk)) shall be named Deputy Prime Minister and Il Duca Amadeus Cornelius Salvatore Severin dom Contravarius-Parma y d'Alatriste-Enghien di Provenza ((Contravarius)) shall be named Minister of the Royal Court in light of the tragic passing of the great Augustus Cavour Palma.

~Conte Bonaretti di Nizza, Prime Minister

((Non-memo))

I apologize to anyone who has taken umbrage at the recent deal between the government and Societa Hermes but it was done with the best intentions in mind. The region of Nice must be brought into the nineteenth century and wealth must flow into the region or else Nice-Provence will be a lagging backwater. Furthermore, this new factory will create thousands of high paying jobs for the people of Nice which will improve the economic situation for the entire kingdom. The government offered generous terms to Societa Hermes for the risk they took building this factory and bringing prosperity to the people of Nice. The recent machinations by our financial wizard, Signor Gabriele, and the astonishing work by our tax collectors has created an enormous surplus for the treasury which can be used to improve the military situation in the kingdom, lower taxes, and make many other improvements. Thus, there is no need to worry that this investment of the government will prevent other measures from being taken.

((Someone take the Sardinia and Carthage commands!))

((Royal Literary Society - Public)

The Royal Litetary Society expresses it intention to publish a collection of works of literature to memorialize the glorious reign of His Majesty, King Carlo Alberto, and ask all patriotic authors to submit such, if they see fit. The best work, defined by the vote within RLS, would receive a special prize.

Good sirs, I would humbly submit this offering and request entrance into the Royal Literary Society. The topic of this work reflects my certainty that our sovereign is being saluted at Saint Peter's gate by his loyal regiments of the noble fallen who preceded him.

Departing for Carthage

On the dusty road to Carthage
Went a good lad to die
He loaded in his cartridge
And kept his powder dry
Not since the Great Flood
Had there been a more loyal legionary
By the passion and the blood
He prayed nightly to the Virgin Mary

And on the road he saw such sights
Enraptured by heavenly lights
Showed him the ancient knights
And he did delight in their fights
In his heart valor did flower and bud
Ready to face down the Adversary
And by the passion and blood
He prayed nightly to the Virgin Mary

The Angel showed him glories old
Of when from the Alps the Savoyards strolled
Boldly towards a destiny Heaven foretold
That the world would be their own to hold
And like the Lord lifted David from the mud
Savoy was made to be legendary
Our lad prayed nightly to the Virgin Mary

Into the howling hordes of the Bey
Our lad rode with Gonzaga's brave martyrs into the fray
For our empire their sacrifice did pay
And our lad was mortal wounded that day
Charge into God's embrace he would
In this world he would not tarry
He prayed to the Virgin Mary

Last edited:
MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR KING CARLO ALBERTO

5528763367_bd0cd2bc19_b.jpg

Inside the Duomo di Torino

800px-Funeral_of_Charles_Emmanuel_II_of_Savoy_in_1675.jpg

An illustration of the funeral from an artist who did not attend the service

His Holiness Pope Pius IX slowly walked down the nave, trailed by the Archbishop of Torino and then a long procession of bishops and priests. The cathedral was packed to full capacity with hundreds of Sardinia-Piedmont's leading citizens and many foreign dignitaries, inlcuding Archduke Rainer Joseph of Austria, Duke Charles III of Parma, Francesco V of Modena, Leopold II of Tuscany, and the Austrian, French, and Sicilian ambassadors.

Pope Pius IX conducted the funeral liturgy as the crowd watched in spellbound silence. His Holiness delivered a beautiful homily on the necessity of tradition and kingship that deeply affected all the listeners sitting in the cathedral. The mystery, aura, and tradition of two of humanity's greatest institutions, the Catholic Church and the House of Savoy, hung over the onlookers. Prime Minister Bonaretti was reported to later have said, "The liturgy was unlike anything else I have experienced in my entire life. The spirit of ten centuries could be felt in the church and transported the souls of every man and woman in attendance to a higher plane for a brief moment in time."

After the liturgical rites, Queen Mother Maria Theresa addressed the crowd. She delivered an eloquent and passionate remembrance of her late husband, claiming that he was, "a great man, a great husband, a great father, and a great king." Next, Archduchess Elisabeth of Austria, the sister of the late king and princess of Sardinia, spoke of the close bond with her brother and the wonderful example he set for her. The Archduchess spoke brilliantly about the stabilizing role that the late king played on the politics of the Italian peninsula during the crises of 1830 and 1848 and how he served as an inspiration to her husband Archduke Rainer who was Viceroy of Lombardia during the period. Finally, His Majesty King Vittorio Emmanuele II spoke at length about the many lessons his father taught him and how his father had prepared him for his role even though he passed away much sooner than anyone could have expected.

His Holiness closed the service with a final prayer dedicated to the memory of His Majesty King Carlo Alberto and to the future of King Vittorio Emmanuele's reign. Pope Pius led the procession exiting the cathedral as the rest of the notables in attendance followed. As they exited, a crowd of thousands of Sardinia's lesser citizens surrounded the cathedral who wished to express their grief for the passing of their beloved king.

The burial would take place later in the day and would be a private affair for the House of Savoy. But on that morning, the whole nation of Sardina-Piedmont grieved together and paid respects to a great man.

Name: Nicola Isidoro Leone
Born: 11th December 1823. (30)
Place of Birth: Nice, Provence
Class: Industrialist
Background: Born to Giacomo Bartolomeo Leone, a conservative politician from Nice, and Silvana Ornella Argento, Nicola was from a young age a conservative. Until he became an adult, he was a model member of the Tradizionalisti, a stalwart defender of the old order. Nicola was the first child, and would later be blessed with a sister, Claudia Sophia Leone, and a brother, Federico Claudio Leone. He would study law and economics at the university of Turin before returning home to Nice. However, during the springtime, he would come to see the harsh methods used to keep the populace under control and how the restrictions of liberty would affect the common man, and would soon renounce his old ways, turning to the Praetorians instead. This created a rift between Nicola and his father Giacomo. For a time, Nicola would live with his uncle, Enrico, learning of the ways of the businessman. Nicola had rarely seen his uncle before, due to the two brothers not being on very good terms after Enrico's allegiance with the liberals became known. Despite their sudden reunion, the two would become friends, and Nicola soon became convinced that Enrico's way of life was the one for him. When the springtime erupted into open revolution, Nicola would remain hidden from the action, only later learning of Enrico's speech at the Piazza San Carlo. Despite his pleas that Enrico should flee the country, he stayed and found himself executed for his trouble. In his last will, the childless Enrico left his fortune to Nicola, at the same time giving Nicola a chance to find his place with Sardinian society while widening the rift between Nicola and the rest of the Leone family. Though distraught at the news of Enrico's death, Nicola decided to honour his memory rather than wallow in mourning. With a family name disgraced and much to to make up for, Nicola delves into the world of Sardinian politics and industry, simply hoping for the best.

((Private - IPMC))
Dear Gentlemen of the IPMC

I wish to send my condolences to the partners of my late uncle Enrico Lucio Leone. He was always a sincere and honest man, who did what he thought was right and would let no man stop him. It would be his end. We shall all miss him dearly.

Nevertheless, life must go on. Enrico saw fit in his last will and testament to allow me to inherit his fortune and property. It is thus that I shall contact you, dear partners of the IPMC, and especially Corporazione Presidente Ernesto Granelli, to formally request entry for myself as a partner into the IPMC. My uncle spoke well of you, Signor Granelli, as a man of honour and principles. If I shall be allowed to pick up where my uncle left off, I promise you that I shall do my utmost to serve the IPMC as you all have served. We are the providers of wealth and good fortune to the downtrodden people of Sardinia, let us continue that legacy, and serve our country as the Lord intended us to.

Yours Truly
Signor Nicola Isidoro Leone
((End Private - IPMC))

I wish to announce my intentions of joining the Societa Albertino if they would have me, to push for the common man's right to vote. We all face a decision today, gentlemen, to carry the burdens of liberty forward or to give in to sloth and stasis. I choose the path forward.

- Signor Nicola Isidoro Leone

Last edited:
The High Court of Honor would now like to present the arguments of Signore Grimani and request Conte Bonaretti's defense.

PLAINTIFF, GRIMANI

DEFENDANT, BONARETTI - Must present his defense in a timely manner.

((AndreMassena has 24 hours to present his defense or enlist the help of an advocatto to present it for him. After his defense is presented we will move directly to the jury section.))

I wish to announce my intentions of joining the Societa Albertino if they would have me, to push for the common man's right to vote. We all face a decision today, gentlemen, to carry the burdens of liberty forward or to give in to sloth and stasis. I choose the path forward.

- Signor Nicola Isidoro Leone

It is indeed good to have our first new member. Welcome to the Society.

Eugenio_Montero_Rios_1914tahurpidi_zpsb28de97e.jpg
Riding in the very front if the funeral procession, right behind the extended royal family and foreign heads, he felt defenseless. Eyes darting around, searching for a lone gunman, a hooded bombthrower.
He knew that this crippling fear was irrational and unjustified, but he couldn't help it. Deep inside, he felt paranoia slowly poisoning his mind, dark shadows roaming around the borders of his flickering spirit, tearing apart his will and stifling the flame that once so brightly lit up his grey, brutal eyes.
Minister of the Royal Court, Bonaretti had named him, after running out of prominent enough names still loyal to him. They all knew that he would remain a member of the cabinet only by name, leaving almost all day-to-day administration to faceless bureaucrats and important questions for Bonaretti himself to decide.

Praetor of Savoia, he was called.

No.

He had been pushed away, made to fill the role of an almost useless figurehead.

He's nothing, he's still nothing. But he has to keep going, keep acting, he has to keep his vibrant, smiling mask on till the flames finally rise and take him too.

His name was Paranoia and he had been the Duke of Provence.

I would like to thank the Prime Minister for the trust vested in me, on occasion of his appointments to the Senate. Let it be known I will dedicate myself continuously to the Kingdom's glory, and I do recognize the same will in the other apointees to the Senate and to the nobility.

Gabriele for Senate: Si
Sforza for Senate: Si
Cignetti for Sente: Si

Alighieri for nobility: Si
Uleri for nobility: Si
Cavalieri for nobility: Si

Bonaretti for Marchese di Vittoria: Si

( This looks interesting, Just no idea how to join it and what i have to do etc. It seems just make a char but is it really that simple ? )

((Yep, it's that simple. Once you have a character you can start to respond to certain things, propose certain things, join parties, get appointed to positions, etc.))

((Yep, it's that simple. Once you have a character you can start to respond to certain things, propose certain things, join parties, get appointed to positions, etc.))

((It's really simple but not quite that simple, oxford.

Pretty much all of the AAR rules and technicalities are explained in the first post of the thread. You should read that one and skim through the main updates, at the very least. If you want to get more of a feel of the AAR, read some of the posts before and after each update as well as the final few pages of our senseless bickering :D

As for making a character, the most important part is choosing one out of six classes; Politician, Aristocrat, Demagogue, Industrialist, Militarist or Labour Leader. This will determine how you gain more voting power and which specific actions you can do. For example, I as demagogue gain power if IG (in-game) militancy rises and I can agitate, form a militia, leak secrets and more to achieve this. The first post explains this in more detail. Picking a class is important though; you can't change classes for 20 years once you've made your character!

If you need more advice, hop onto www.coldfront.net and type /join #PttP_Main. As long as we're not discussing the "merits" of absolutism we're quite a helpful bunch on there ;)))

Name: Dante Abandonato ( Last name means Forsaken )
Date of birth : 11 September 1820 ( Age 32 )
Place of birth: Sardinia Piedmonte
Class :politician
History : Born to a Politician father on the island of Sardinia he was raised to be a Political person. Someone that others will come too and seek his Approval or support. Although little is known of why he is in Politics. Some say that he has a Hidden Agenda.. Others say he just wants to make a name for himself. Whatever the reason he has enter into the Political Field be it for good or bad is up to those that know him.

viimanelotildeppprovencigavaumlike_zps7e18fbd4.jpg

His Grace the Duke stands in front of the Chamber, hair gray, vision blurry, lips warped in a painful smile, holding papers filled with handwriting clearly not belonging to him:
Chamber Gag Bill III

I. This Bill shall go Into Effect Immediately if Passed

II. This Bill shall Aim to Institute a Gag Rule on the Chamber of Deputies, the Senate, and the Privy Council, Prohibiting the Raising, Consideration, Contribution, or Discussion of:
i. Changing the Current System of State Monitored Press ((Press Rights))
ii. Changing the Current Laws in Place for Political Parties ((Political Parties))

III. If a Reform Bill Including Any of the Topics Prohibited by this Bill are Included Into the Legislation, Including the Chamber, Senate, and Privy Council, then that Bill shall be Removed from the Respective Legislation and not Voted Upon.

Lobby Reorganization Act

I. The voting franchise lobby, Societa Albertino, shall be immediately dissolved
II. All future voting franchise lobbies shall be immediately dissolved upon creation

Gabriele for Senate: Yes
Sforza for Senate: Yes
Cignetti for Sente: Yes

Alighieri for nobility: Yes
Uleri for nobility: Yes
Cavalieri for nobility: Yes

Bonaretti for Marchese di Vittoria: Yes

-His Grace Amadeus Cornelius Salvatore Severin dom Contravarius-Parma y d'Alatriste-Enghien, Duca of Provence and Barone of Rubicon, Praetor of Savoy and Senator for Life
Order of Saint Francis de Sales, Second Class

Last edited:
500px-Lesser_coat_of_arms_of_the_Kingdom_of_Italy_(1929-1943).svg_(1).png

From the Office of Chief of the General Staff

The following document is intended only for the persual of the aforsaid individuals

Plan Alberto
AKA. The Reorganisation of the Military and future Military Actions.

Seeing that His Majesty Charles Albert changed the way the Armed Forces works, the General Staff sought it fit to create a peace and war time composition of the Armed Forces. In Peace time, the divisions works in their home provinces, named Provincial Armies, they are commanded by the Commanding Officer of the Region. In war-time, the divisions work in Corps, like Corps I and Corps II in the organisation. If war has been declared, or if the Chief of the General Staff find the threat of war too big, he will declare War-Time Preperations, meaning that Corps I and Corps II are to be recreated and stationed as before the changes of His Majesty Charles Albert.

The profesional army currently has 45 000 soldiers, the maximum amount of profesional soldiers we can raise is 66 000, we can mobilise another 24 000 men if need be. The Army currently has 21 000 Infanterists, 3 000 Royal Guardsmen and 9 000 Cuirrassiers and 12 000 Artillerists. Two Cuirrassier Divisions, three Infantry Divisions and two Artillery Divisions will be recruited. Thus I, the Chief of General Staff, assume that we can defend our nation from any possible threat as long as we need to, before help arrives. The Armsta di Mare has 4 Frigates and 6 Clippers, 1 Frigate and 1 Man 'o War will be build.

War-Time Corps I will be commanded by Raffaele Alighieri and will have a total strength of 24 000 men which include 9 000 Infanterists, 3 000 Royal Guardsmen, 6 000 Cuirrassiers and 6 000 Artillerists.

War-Time Corps II will be commanded by Viscount de Collegno and will have a total strength of 24 000 men which include 12 000 Infanterists,
6 000 Cuirrassiers and 6 000 Artillerists.

War-Time Corps III will be commanded by Napoleone d'Auria and will have a total strength of 18 000 men which include 9 000 Infanterists, 3 0000 Cuirrassiers and 6 000 Artillerists.

Luciano d'Manin-Grimani will be reinstated as Maggior Generale of Sardegna and Commanding Officer of the Sardinian Provincial Army.

Honoré della Pac will be promoted to Maggior Generale of Carthago and the Commanding Officer of the Carthagese Provincial Army.

Joaquim Inácio will be promoted to Contrammaglio of the Armsta di Mare.

Signed,

Generale d'Ésercito Raffaele G. N. V. M. Alighieri,
His Majesty's Chief of the General Staff,
Director of the Royal Military Academy of Sardinia-Piedmonte,
Tenente Generale of Piemonte and the Piemontese Provincial Army,
CML CG CEE CJ KM

Last edited:
The Defense of the Constitution Act​

I. This bill will go into effect immediately if passed.

II. Gag order legislation proposed in and applying to the Chamber of Deputies of Sardinia-Piedmont will be treated as constitutional amendments and require 2/3rds of the Chamber to pass.

III. This in no way is to be construed as requiring exercises of similar powers by the King's government, such as ministerial orders banning seditious organizations, to be ratified by the Chamber.

IV. This bill itself will require 2/3rds of the Chamber to overturn.

Deputy del Idra passes his own collection of papers into the hopper.

((Some points of clarification:

There's no such as an amendment under the Statuto Albertino. All these proposed laws that talk about 2/3rds majority are in direct contradiction to the Statuto, which specifies majority voting for the chambers (which I am interpreting to mean simple majority). Those clauses are at best unenforceable, at worst, illegal.

Additionally:

If you make a consecutive industrialist he inherits all the assets and wealth of your previous industrialist OR he gets a new fresh slate with a new 5,000 money, not both. Inheriting your previous character's assets is the default position. If you choose not to inherit, his wealth and assets will either be auctioned off or seized by the government.

For nonconsecutive industrialists you normally cannot inherit and have to start a new, though some dynasties may get the ability for later industrialists to take over the empires of their forebears.))