• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((For the IPMC Members

For the purpose of finalising the updated accounts, I am assuming that the entitlements of the 3 dead or missing members will be redistributed amongst the remaining partners. This is in application of partnership law where the capital is held in equal shares as tenants in common of all partners with no individual entitlements to property in specie. The exception is normally cash draws but in this case the 2 dead partners disinherited their replacements and the missing one did not specify. The rules of the game also do not appear to allow for a holding over of cash in the name of a player in the case where an industrialist changes to a different class but then wants to change back at a later date. In that case, I am treating the cash as part of the property of the partnership which will be redistributed amongst the remaining partners as part of the capital.

Please let me know if you disagree with this proposed handling of the situation.)))

((For the IPMC Members

For the purpose of finalising the updated accounts, I am assuming that the entitlements of the 3 dead or missing members will be redistributed amongst the remaining partners. This is in application of partnership law where the capital is held in equal shares as tenants in common of all partners with no individual entitlements to property in specie. The exception is normally cash draws but in this case the 2 dead partners disinherited their replacements and the missing one did not specify. The rules of the game also do not appear to allow for a holding over of cash in the name of a player in the case where an industrialist changes to a different class but then wants to change back at a later date. In that case, I am treating the cash as part of the property of the partnership which will be redistributed amongst the remaining partners as part of the capital.

Please let me know if you disagree with this proposed handling of the situation.)))

((This is fine for now but in the future I may require the shares/stake in the partnership of absent/dead members to be bought out by the rest of the partners.))

Last edited:
With the Italian War of Independence concluded, Napoleone d'Auria returned to Turin to plan the next campaigns of the new Kingdom of Italy; he also courted, and wed in the Spring of that year, Annabella Amat di Soleminis. On the 20th of May, 1867, she gave birth to twins, Cesare Giacomo and Maria Caterina.

((Private – Militarists))

MOoDrVD.png

Capo di Stato Maggiore Generale dell'Esercito Italiano

Signores, with the war concluded and our districts formally reorganised, it is now of the utmost importance that our armed forces are brought firmly under the control of the General Staff; to that end, I have assigned Stephano Bonaretti to Distretto Nord, Adolfo Donati to Distretto delle Colonie, and Distretto Sud to Valperga, with Carlo di Susa amd Tiberio d'Auria being his subordinates in Corpos II and III respectively. I shall of course take command of the Distretto di Piemonte.

Moving on, it is clear that the present status of the Italian peninsula is unfeasible; with the Papal States cutting right through the heart of our lands, and indeed the very simple fact that they what many would deem to be our capital, I have little doubt that a conflict will erupt. Thus, we must begin making preparations for just such a war – I expect two general plans be made now, one simply pertaining to an invasion of the Papal States, and the other working the same with the assumption that French forces have intervened on behalf of the Pope; though I do not expect such an occurance, I will not permit this army to be caught surprised and defenceless.

I also believe it is worth discussing this matter amongst ourselves before we submit any proposals to the War Ministry; Colonello Donati, ahem, Maggior Generale Donati, has requested that an auxiliary force of Tunisians be raised for the purpose of policing and protecting the colonies – what say you all.

Lastly, I appoint Amat to be my Deputy. As the second most experienced officer still untainted by the revolts (he steals a glance at Bonaretti), I believe he is a suitable choice.

Promotions and Positions

Distretto di Piemonte
Napoleone d'Auria, Generale e Capo di Stato Maggiore Generale
Distretto Nord
S.F.T. Bonaretti, Tenente Generale
Distretto Sud
A.B.D. Valperga, Tenente Generale
C.F. di Susa, Maggior Generale di Corpo II
Tiberio d'Auria, Maggior Generale di Corpo III
Distretto delle Colonie
Adolfo Donati, Tenente Generale
Regia Marina
(insert NPC here), Ammiraglio

Alonzo Amat di Soleminis, Tenente Generale e Vice Capo di Stato Maggiore Generale

Last edited:
((Okay, as notice, I can't issue a new PP schedule yet because many people have yet to make new characters and I don't have an accurate count of how many people are in each class right now. To give you an idea of the balance of power amongst the classes right now, here's the total power of each the classes (in order).

Militarists: 113
Aristocrats: 90
Industrialists: 54
Labor Leaders: 10
Demagogues: 0

Politicians: 1/person, as always))

((I rolled to see who commands the various districts.

Sardinia-Piedmont goes to D'Auria ((Riccardo93's character)).

North-Central goes to Bonaretti ((AndreMassena)).

Southern goes to the Baron ((99KingHigh)).

Colonial goes to Adolfo Donati ((naxhi24)).

You can now work out the adjutancies, subcommands, etc.))

((d'Auria laments the lack of power the CoA has))

I Radicali
The Radicals

OVyiurg.png

Interventionism/Free Trade/Full Citizenship/Anti-Military/Secularism

Name: I Radicali / The Radicals
Ideology: Republican
Founded: 1867
Regionalism: National
Common Issues: Universal Suffrage, Clean Government, Anti-Clericalism, Anti-Nationalism

Party Newspaper: Stella d' Italia / Star of Italy
Youth Wing: Giovani Radicali / Young Radicals

The Radicals are Italy's republican movement, constantly and actively organizing for the establishment of political justice; a system in which hereditary rank and titles are abolished and suffrage is universal for all who work and pay taxes regardless of class, nationality, or sex. It is our strongest held conviction that the people are inherently virtuous and their mass struggles against the existing social order stem from this virtuous impulse. The promotion of civic virtue and democracy are one and the same; to make government less corrupt is to make it more democratic and to make it more democratic is to make it less corrupt. Only when the ruling order exemplifies the same virtuous character as the people will the people truly be free.

Prominent Members:

Alessandro "Liberta" Zecchini
Jean Hydra, Esq.

Leaders of the Radicals:

1867–Present: Alessandro "Liberta" Zecchini

(( IRC channel: #PttP_Radicali ))

Last edited:
7618156.gif

An announcement from I Partito Papale

I Partito Papale is changing their Military Policy of Anti-Military to Pro-Military.

Old Platform: Interventionism/Protectionism/Moralism/Anti-Military/Limited Citizenship

New Platform: Interventionism/Protectionism/Moralism/Pro-Military/Limited Citizenship

- Rodrigo Santo Salvitici

I Radicali
The Radicals

OVyiurg.png

Interventionism/Free Trade/Full Citizenship/Anti-Military/Secularism

Name: I Radicali / The Radicals
Ideology: Republican
Founded: 1867
Regionalism: National
Common Issues: Universal Suffrage, Clean Government, Anti-Clericalism, Anti-Nationalism

The Radicals are Italy's republican movement, constantly and actively organizing for the establishment of political justice; a system in which hereditary rank and titles are abolished and suffrage is universal for all who work and pay taxes regardless of class, nationality, or sex. It is our strongest held conviction that the people are inherently virtuous and their mass struggles against the existing social order stem from this virtuous impulse. The promotion of civic virtue and democracy are one and the same; to make government less corrupt is to make it more democratic and to make it more democratic is to make it less corrupt. Only when the ruling order exemplifies the same virtuous character as the people will the people truly be free.

Prominent Members:

Alessandro "Liberta" Zecchini
Jean Hydra, Esq.

Leaders of the Radicals:

1867–Present: Alessandro "Liberta" Zecchini [FONT][/SIZE]

(( IRC channel: #PttP_Radicali ))

Anti-Clericalism? Signor I must ask what the clergy and the Church has done to make you hates us so? The Church wishes to spread the Christian values of love and kindness. I do not see why any sensible person would oppose such a thing. Care to elaborate Signore?

- Rodrigo Santo Salvitici

Part of an article in Giornale della Storia from 2013, written by one of Thiers' descendants:

"...Raymond Thiers was originally one of the most ardent supporters of the Roman idea. His vision was perhaps a slightly different than the vision of most, but the ideas of imperial glory similar to Napoleon's was indeed appealing for him. Despite his strong opposition to any violent or illegal actions, Thiers supported the revolutionary movement that he saw as the only alternative to the White forces, which were at the time moving towards even stronger absolutism and swaying Sardinia even further from its path to modernity. His support for the revolutionary cause began to diminish once the newly formed Imperial Council was formed - Thiers believed that he, as one of the loyal supporters of the cause, would be included, yet he was omitted. After the French assistance to the Royalist forces began and the pardon was issued, Thiers, generally supportive of the most recent steps of His Majesty and what he considered as the end of I Tradizionalisti monopoly, swore his allegiance to the King and the new state.

His dream of an Empire was crushed by a man he admired - Napoleon III. Yet, Thiers wasn't a man of vision, and the life went on. His attention was now focused towards the IPMC, which has lost most of its leadership and its property across Piemonte was damaged during the turbulent revolutionary months. He knew his career in politics was severely damaged, but he believed that he will return to the scenes one day. This is why he chose to join the new Democratic Party a few months after the creation of modern Italy."

I must say this new I Radicali party is simply absurd! Not only does it seek to destroy the clergy for no apparent reason but, this party also serves to remove His Majesty from his god given throne and seeks to have it occupied by any demagogue in the country! This is simply an outrage! How can we possible allow a party that seeks to destroy everything valued by our people and our country? In its place this party seeks to use tyranny of the majority and demagogue politics to make this country an ungodly personal fiefdom. At this point I am so disgusted by this party I'm tempted to go back and suffer the tyranny of Austrian rule.

Marcello sits down and rubs his temples

God, why do you allow such things to happen to us?

Marcello starts praying afterward

- Marcello Cavalieri, Barone di Settimo

((I bid 203 pounds on all of the auctions

((Uh, industrialists... let's say that the next bid has to be at least 225 pounds and the minimum incremental bid is 25 pounds from now on.))

((Private))

To the Hon. Don Cato Alessandro Uleri

I would picture myself a rude man if I levied questions upon you, and in return, never gave my own thoughts. While mine own beliefs differ from your own, I should go on to say that I recognize that you hold some merit and possess quite an interesting idea for our future policy with the Papacy.

To preface my words, I am a strongly devoted Catholic man, resolute to my Faith and the Church. Thus, the idea of treating His Holiness as an obstacle or potential target, as some men see it, for the matters of temporal expansion have always struck me as misguided. We cannot equate His Holiness and the Papacy to the temporal governments, such as France or Austria. Instead, we Christians must understand the position held by His Holiness, due to his moral strength, as one set by God, rather than the means which other men secure their positions - war, politics, economics, and the such. While a King may exert his will over lesser monarchs, he can do no such to the Pontiff. In my humble opinion, this impasse is not needed, we need not try to cause the Italian people to choose between King and Faith. Instead, we must reach out to His Holiness, recognizing his importance both to the Christian world and specifically to the Italian people, and seek to bring his presence into our own government, enriching the temporal power with the spiritual power.

No longer would loyalty to this Italian State be solely invested into His Majesty, but also into His Holiness, a dualism that inspires harmony between matters of this world and of God. I know not the specifics of such a position, but that has been the subject of much thought on my part. I do hope that has proven beneficial.

- Don Marcantiono Borghese

((Private))

With his return to the Italy, Lorenzo Mopurgo returned to Genova to re-establish his father's newspaper, which had fallen by the wayside since his father's near-capture in 1848.

pxEdd7X.jpg

There was a house on a side street in Genoa. On the house, which had become old and decrepit, the words "traditore" and "cane" had been scrawled in white paint. The house next door, which had been a fishmongers and the home of one of Lorenzo's childhood friends had burnt down, probably from the bombardment of the city during the Revolution. Lorenzo opened the door, which had been partially broken down, only to find that the house had been ransacked, probably by white or loyalist militias in 1864. Making his way through the mess of books and overturned furniture, Lorenzo found the bookcase in his fathers study, behind which the basement lie. Pushing aside the bookcase, Lorenzo lit a lamp and made his way down a cramped staircase to the basement where the journals were published.

"Good," he thought to himself, "the bastards did not find this place." The printing press, an old one made in the 1820's, along with his father's most valuable possessions, which were mostly books, had apparently not been touched after so many years left alone. Satisfied, he started to tidy up what he could of the small house, which would once again become the Mopurgo home and, for then, the publishing office of the Amico del Popolo.

((End Private))

Amico del Popolo
The Newspaper of the People and the Worker

kEeQl4L.png

Now accepting freelance articles and staff writers. Inquire with Signore Lorenzo Mopurgo for more information.

COALIZIONE DEMOCRATICA ROSSA
-Party Convention-
(Public)

w9Vpdgz.png

"Brothers, now we venture into an era of peace, prosperity, and victory. We shall cast aside the chains that have oppressed us for so long. The Right has imploded, and now we must set off towards the future- a future where men receive care, have an opportunity to find success, and receive a fine education. Blood and fire are the remnants of the '63, but we can recover and lead our nation into a bright future! His Majesty, Vittorio Emanuele II, proved the power of the crown, and now we must organize under not only our partisan banner, but the banner of our nation as well. Together, we are the Coalizione Democratica Rossa, and we are this nation's future! Look not upon the present, but look forward to the future, a future united in faith, brotherhood, and equality. While we must accept the intricacies of the present, we must always keep an eye on the target ahead, even if we are not pushing for it with every breath. I am proud to open this party convention, and may we succeed in our ultimate goal of representing our members' interests."

Juan Pedro Ernesto de Chavarria​

All members of CDR are eligible to make declare their candidacy for the leadership of our party at this time. In addition, party members may now debate and vote on the issues of platform associated with our party. There shall be an additional vote to be held immediately prior to the dismissal of the convention. ((First vote and declaration period ends in 24 hours. Second vote shall begin immediately afterward and conclude in 48 hours.))

Economic Stance: Planned Economy/State Capitalism/Interventionism
Religious Stance: Secularism/Pluralism/Moralism
Military Stance: Pro-Military/Anti-Military