• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Amendment to the Bill for the Regulation of Martial Law: Si
Dueling Regulation Act: Si

As I said before, the tradition of duelling going since knightly times and guaranteeing the dominance of the concepts of honor, dignity and responsible behaviour among the gentleement cannot simply disappear - and I praise His Majesty King Vittorio Emmanuelle for restoring it. It is my firm opinion that petty squabbles over honorin the current judicial institutions look ridiculous and replace the ideals of chivalry with the morals of petite bourgeoisie - for how can a fine or imprisonment be indeed an adequate redress in a matter of honor? Regulating it, on the other hand, putting it into legal boundaries, may be a useful
Chamber Gag Bill III: Si
Bill to Amend the Constitutional Principles Act: No

The secret societies with the tendency to interfere in the affairs of state for their dark reasons, with secret authorities that their members put above the authority of His Majesty, the heretical philosophy contrary to the Catholic values, have no place in the legislature. We must remember the role Masons played in the French revolution - and reject them most energetically.

Even all of this was nonexistant, I must note that the Roman Catholic Church has, since 1738, prohibited membership in Masonic organizations, excommunicating anybody who would join their rank - do we want men damned before God sitting in the parliament? Anyone who calls for such amendments to the=us act shows disrespect to commandments of the divine institutions.

Government Railroad Use Bill: Abstain
1853 Budget: Si

[Aristocrat]
[Senate: +25%; Mastermind: +50%]

I want to thank the Count of Nice for choosing me for the high position of the Deputy Prime Minister - and ensure the government and the Chamber that the Ministry of War would soon provide its latest plan of actions. I would to specially thank Signor Claudio Gabriele for his outstanding performance as the Minister of Finance that has helped the state to achieve healthy profits neccessary to develop the country for the public good.

- Cesare Luigi Amat, Marchese di Soleminis, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of War

Amendment to the Bill for the Regulation of Martial Law: Yes
Dueling Regulation Act: Yes
Chamber Gag Bill III: No
Government Railroad Use Bill: Yes
1853 Budget: No

[Politician]
[No Bonus]

(Public - High Court of Honor)

Upon the reception of Conte Bonaretti's defense, I shall commence the jury's evaluation of the case immediately. We shall now vote on the resolution of this case.

Plaintiff's Case
Defendant's Case

The following names are called upon as jurors:

Associate Justice Pedrotti ((Firehound15)) - HCoH
Associate Justice Cignetti ((Lyonessian)) - HCoH
Minister of Commerce Cavalieri ((Otto of England)) - I Trad
Minister of War Amat ((Marschalk)) - I Trad
Minister of Finance Gabriele ((99KingHigh)) - Il Gran
Alberto Perrizini ((BelgiumRuler)) - La Lega
Lucius Vico Balbo ((Noco19)) - I Praet
Roberto Comaudi ((Dish of Fish)) - I Praet

Please vote Plaintiff's Recommendations/Defendant's Recommendations/Duel/Abstain.

Last edited:
Amendment to the Bill for the Regulation of Martial Law: No
Bill To Amend The Constitutional Principles Act: No
1853 Budget: Abstain

~ Conte Maximillian von Habsburg-Lorraine d'Annecy

Bill to Amend the Constitutional Principles Act: Abstain

Though I may understand the intent of clearing up the bureaucracy surrounding the use of martial law, it must be understood, Signor Alighieri, that martial law is not a toy, but a tool as subtle and elegant as a hammer. It is not to be enacted as soon as the farmers or common folk make a simple request for equal treatment, but rather when the safety of the nation is at stake. I myself, put my trust in the decision makers of this nation to know the difference, and to be able to make that distinction without delay or hesitation, and as such, I see no need to remove the safeguards that would separate us from the Russians or the Turks. We are here to protect, to safeguard and to serve the people, just as the people in turn must remain loyal and serve us. Only when that unspoken contract is breached with the threat of civil war should martial law even be considered. I have faith in the military, as much as I have faith in the government, but I do not wish to see these two wings clash. We are united, let us remain so.

As for the Chamber Gag Bill, it is simply preposterous that we should be forced to serve silence, and not politics. Tell me, gentlemen, what does the man who is not allowed to speak do? How does the gagged man, the man forced into silence, respond, with the olive branch or the sword? It does no service to any of us to be silent of the matters that we all know must be considered, discussed, spoken of, and not thrown to the wayside. I see no reason that any man, Granrealisti or Lega, Tradizionalisti or Pretoriani, should see fit to remain silent instead of speaking. It betrays cowardice, does it not? Have you so little belief in your own ability to sway the voters and the Parliament that you would simply condemn all discussion to the history books? We are all, in our own way, politicians, gentlemen. Politics is in our blood. And I for one, do not believe in betraying our blood so easily.

Though I do believe that the Constitutional Principles Act is in need of criticism, I am no supporter of freemasonry gentlemen, and I am not so easily swayed by the argument that it is simply misunderstood. I would imagine that Signor del Idra misspoke or misunderstood the act in question. Let us grant him the benefit of the doubt, gentlemen, and let him gather his thoughts and return later with a new suggestion.

Finally, to the Government Railroad Use Bill and the 1853 Budget. It seems only logical to me that the proud businessmen of this nation be rewarded for their loyal service to Sardinia-Piedmont. Indeed, our soldiers do not march without food and pay, our bureaucrats and lawyers do not serve the government without monetary reparations, so I ask then, why should the businessmen and industrialists that in truth keep the very wheel of wealth spinning for our beloved country be robbed of the fruits of their labour? And these same words could be directed towards the proposed budget of 1853. A staggering amount of tariffs and a ridiculous amount of taxes levied on the rich. Some would even accuse the dear Signor Gabriele being in league with those who would seek to ruin our nation's good fortune. Even so, the fact remains that these taxes and tariffs would strangle our industry. Is it not enough that the government is already interfering with industrial matters? Gentlemen, these taxes and tariffs will provide you with a moment of wealth, but if one would look towards the future one would see the ruins of our once proud industry. Let us not punish those who provide wealth, gentlemen, and let us secure the industrial future of this nation.

- Signor Nicola Isidoro Leone
[Industrialist]
[No Bonus]

Chamber Gag Bill III: Yes. It is in the best interests of national stability that this gag bill is proposed, for we must be vigilant lest the Hydra knocks at our door once again.
Bill to Amend the Constitutional Principles Act: No. The defense of Freemasonry is low in any regard, and such ideas are not only reprovable, but dangerous. Caution, is the least one who supports this could exercise.
Government Railroad Use Bill: No. Treating the government's interests as subservient to private interests, and levying a tax on them is something that I, as Minister of Transportation, cannot support in any way.
1853 Budget: Yes

[Aristocrat]
[No Bonus]

Ministero dei Trasporti del Regno di Sardegna-Piemonte
Anno Domini 1854

Let it be known that the Ministry of Transportation, in talks with government, orders the building of a railroad in Nice. This comes as a way to better integrate our national territory, connecting all vital points of the nation with a modern network.

Ministro Andrea Damiano Cignetti, OSFS, il Marchese di Alba

Bill to Amend the Constitutional Principles Act: Abstain

Though I may understand the intent of clearing up the bureaucracy surrounding the use of martial law, it must be understood, Signor Alighieri, that martial law is not a toy, but a tool as subtle and elegant as a hammer. It is not to be enacted as soon as the farmers or common folk make a simple request for equal treatment, but rather when the safety of the nation is at stake. I myself, put my trust in the decision makers of this nation to know the difference, and to be able to make that distinction without delay or hesitation, and as such, I see no need to remove the safeguards that would separate us from the Russians or the Turks. We are here to protect, to safeguard and to serve the people, just as the people in turn must remain loyal and serve us. Only when that unspoken contract is breached with the threat of civil war should martial law even be considered. I have faith in the military, as much as I have faith in the government, but I do not wish to see these two wings clash. We are united, let us remain so.

As for the Chamber Gag Bill, it is simply preposterous that we should be forced to serve silence, and not politics. Tell me, gentlemen, what does the man who is not allowed to speak do? How does the gagged man, the man forced into silence, respond, with the olive branch or the sword? It does no service to any of us to be silent of the matters that we all know must be considered, discussed, spoken of, and not thrown to the wayside. I see no reason that any man, Granrealisti or Lega, Tradizionalisti or Pretoriani, should see fit to remain silent instead of speaking. It betrays cowardice, does it not? Have you so little belief in your own ability to sway the voters and the Parliament that you would simply condemn all discussion to the history books? We are all, in our own way, politicians, gentlemen. Politics is in our blood. And I for one, do not believe in betraying our blood so easily.

Though I do believe that the Constitutional Principles Act is in need of criticism, I am no supporter of freemasonry gentlemen, and I am not so easily swayed by the argument that it is simply misunderstood. I would imagine that Signor del Idra misspoke or misunderstood the act in question. Let us grant him the benefit of the doubt, gentlemen, and let him gather his thoughts and return later with a new suggestion.

Finally, to the Government Railroad Use Bill and the 1853 Budget. It seems only logical to me that the proud businessmen of this nation be rewarded for their loyal service to Sardinia-Piedmont. Indeed, our soldiers do not march without food and pay, our bureaucrats and lawyers do not serve the government without monetary reparations, so I ask then, why should the businessmen and industrialists that in truth keep the very wheel of wealth spinning for our beloved country be robbed of the fruits of their labour? And these same words could be directed towards the proposed budget of 1853. A staggering amount of tariffs and a ridiculous amount of taxes levied on the rich. Some would even accuse the dear Signor Gabriele being in league with those who would seek to ruin our nation's good fortune. Even so, the fact remains that these taxes and tariffs would strangle our industry. Is it not enough that the government is already interfering with industrial matters? Gentlemen, these taxes and tariffs will provide you with a moment of wealth, but if one would look towards the future one would see the ruins of our once proud industry. Let us not punish those who provide wealth, gentlemen, and let us secure the industrial future of this nation.

[Industrialist]
[No Bonus]

As I recall, our budget contains some of the lowest taxes of any preceding budget. Yet I do not recall your opposition to the Montezemolo budgets, where taxes on the wealthy, middle-class, and poor - despite the ideologies of the cabinet - were far higher than they are presently. Your hypocrisy is duly noted.

As I recall, our budget contains some of the lowest taxes of any preceding budget. Yet I do not recall your opposition to the Montezemolo budgets, where taxes on the wealthy, middle-class, and poor - despite the ideologies of the cabinet - were far higher than they are presently. Your hypocrisy is duly noted.

((You do realize that he is a new character now, right? :D))

Signor Gabriele, I must admit to not being politically active during the time of Montezemolo's cabinet. Indeed, I was but a boy of 18 at the time Montezemolo took charge, and was blissfully unaware of the politics of this world. You may fault me for the foolishness of my youth, truly I believe that there are few men here who would deny that they were once boys who had little interest in politics. Nevertheless, I cannot say that I should be attacked for any suggested hypocrisy because I did not speak out against a budget that I simply was too young to understand. Should I be faulted too then, for not speaking out against the governments of 1828, when I was five, or perhaps I should have, at the tender age of 13, taken to the streets and protested the Pec government? I do not recall Signor Gabriele's name in the history books as one of the great generals who fought against the Bonapartists, he was indeed even 8 years old at the time, surely grown enough to be sent to war, no? Yet I shall not fault you for not acting against events that occurred when you were too young to matter, just as I hope that you will allow me the same benefit, dear Signor.

Even so, you cannot compare the budget of Montezemolo to the budget that you have suggested today. The budget you speak of was passed during a time of crisis, of fear and during a time when all men must contribute their all to the government. This budget that you wish to pass today a budget that you wish to pass in a time of peace, yet across it, I see only a fear of war written. In times of peace, we are to develop our economy as best as we can, yet you insist on extending taxes and tariffs far above where they should be possibly be needed. Where is the necessity of these high taxes? Are we at war? Nay! Are we dealing with an internal crisis, rebels and revolutionaries rising up against Sardinia and the King? Nay! Do the poor starve, plague, disease and pestilence spreading across our nation? Nay! I simply suggest that the lower taxes and tariffs you impose, the more shall Sardinia-Piedmont prosper into the future. It is not the soldiers that will secure our wealth in times of peace, it is the industrialists and businessmen, and this must always be remembered.

Signor Gabriele, I must admit to not being politically active during the time of Montezemolo's cabinet. Indeed, I was but a boy of 18 at the time Montezemolo took charge, and was blissfully unaware of the politics of this world. You may fault me for the foolishness of my youth, truly I believe that there are few men here who would deny that they were once boys who had little interest in politics. Nevertheless, I cannot say that I should be attacked for any suggested hypocrisy because I did not speak out against a budget that I simply was too young to understand. Should I be faulted too then, for not speaking out against the governments of 1828, when I was five, or perhaps I should have, at the tender age of 13, taken to the streets and protested the Pec government? I do not recall Signor Gabriele's name in the history books as one of the great generals who fought against the Bonapartists, he was indeed even 8 years old at the time, surely grown enough to be sent to war, no? Yet I shall not fault you for not acting against events that occurred when you were too young to matter, just as I hope that you will allow me the same benefit, dear Signor.

Even so, you cannot compare the budget of Montezemolo to the budget that you have suggested today. The budget you speak of was passed during a time of crisis, of fear and during a time when all men must contribute their all to the government. This budget that you wish to pass today a budget that you wish to pass in a time of peace, yet across it, I see only a fear of war written. In times of peace, we are to develop our economy as best as we can, yet you insist on extending taxes and tariffs far above where they should be possibly be needed. Where is the necessity of these high taxes? Are we at war? Nay! Are we dealing with an internal crisis, rebels and revolutionaries rising up against Sardinia and the King? Nay! Do the poor starve, plague, disease and pestilence spreading across our nation? Nay! I simply suggest that the lower taxes and tariffs you impose, the more shall Sardinia-Piedmont prosper into the future. It is not the soldiers that will secure our wealth in times of peace, it is the industrialists and businessmen, and this must always be remembered.

Defense of the Budget​

Should the Commerce Ministry proceed with a decrease in taxation to the extent that you suggest, the monetary budget of our nation will fall into a state of fragile deficits. Prosperity is impossible when our national treasury is left to the barren wasteland, and therefore we proceed with our current course; ignoring the radical demands of globalized laissez-faire economic liberals will ensure that our nation, people and state alike, are shielded by national prosperity. Furthermore, Signor Leone, you have suggested that a decrease in taxes and tariffs will aid the financial condition of this nations industrialists - a concept that is unfortunately misguided when the movements of the global market are taken into account. Although many among my faction could take the argument that the Industrialists of this nation are barely in the hundreds, I will contest your economic perspective on tariffs by relating the position of our nation among the world. Upon glance, Signor Leone, do you see the lands of our Kingdom exporting the rich resources of this earth? Of course not - our natural resources are insufficient to please the global market when the same consumable items are available en masse among the nations of great natural abundance. And are we a nation of vast population and industrial prowess, where produced goods can compete with the manufacturing of the British giant? Absolutely not - our industries would not sell a dime if the state was to abandon its present policy of protectionist tariffs.

With the current the condition of marketable prices, the industrialists and businessmen of our nation should be obliged to defend our protective duties. Their presence ensures that our nation is put on a path of virtuous self-reliance, where our domestic industries can grow at the expense of foreign importation that would otherwise be the only consumable items for our population. Although industrial materials required for production may be more available in an environment of limited tariffs, the resulting manufacturable items would not be consumed by the public due to the availability of foreign imports. Therefore, for the benefit of the industrialist and the farmer alike, the system of protective duties has been imposed and to great financial success. You have also criticized the move to increase the wages of the military, which represent nearly four percent of our entire nation. Not only do they deserve this monetary hike as compensation for their services, but also, as incentive to those idle and unemployed souls that now may find value in national service.

And so I conclude my forthright defense. Monetary reserves must be achieved through a positive balance of trade, especially for finished goods and comfortable taxes. As of present, the vast majority of all the classes are enjoying economic prosperity, and with the present course of action, shall also extend to our industrial expansion. My case is rested upon the shoulders of prosperity.

Dueling Regulation Act: Si

As I said before, the tradition of duelling going since knightly times and guaranteeing the dominance of the concepts of honor, dignity and responsible behaviour among the gentleement cannot simply disappear - and I praise His Majesty King Vittorio Emmanuelle for restoring it. It is my firm opinion that petty squabbles over honorin the current judicial institutions look ridiculous and replace the ideals of chivalry with the morals of petite bourgeoisie - for how can a fine or imprisonment be indeed an adequate redress in a matter of honor? Regulating it, on the other hand, putting it into legal boundaries, may be a useful
Chamber Gag Bill III: Si

The secret societies with the tendency to interfere in the affairs of state for their dark reasons, with secret authorities that their members put above the authority of His Majesty, the heretical philosophy contrary to the Catholic values, have no place in the legislature. We must remember the role Masons played in the French revolution - and reject them most energetically.

Even all of this was nonexistant, I must note that the Roman Catholic Church has, since 1738, prohibited membership in Masonic organizations, excommunicating anybody who would join their rank - do we want men damned before God sitting in the parliament? Anyone who calls for such amendments to the=us act shows disrespect to commandments of the divine institutions.

Pontiffs throughout history have also been known to excommunicate those who participate in duels, and yet the King himself has lifted the moratorium upon dueling in Sardinia-Piedmont, and like good patriots both you and I support him in this. I would recommend the entire Chamber consider the implications of this before they be so quick as to judge my proposal wanting.

- Frederico del Idra

Pontiffs throughout history have also been known to excommunicate those who participate in duels, and yet the King himself has lifted the moratorium upon dueling in Sardinia-Piedmont, and like good patriots both you and I support him in this. I would recommend the entire Chamber consider the implications of this before they be so quick as to judge my proposal wanting.

- Frederico del Idra

You cannot compare duelists with the members of a secret society whose existence, aims and ideology challenge the authority of Kings and Christian philosophy as the basis of the state. One is a fact of private life, coming from the times of the knights and based on knightly virtues, the second is a danger to the whole order we seek to protect. Duelists were not behind despicable complots and revolutions that were always produced by masons.

Your defense of this amendment can lead us to a conclusion that you are yourself a member of one of these wretched societies, Signor.

- Cesare Luigi Amat, Marchese di Soleminis, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of War.

mask-1-2.jpg

...And on that evening, only a few short weeks after the His Royal Majesty Vittorio Emanuele II had stepped on the throne, thousands of messenger and foot-boys leaved tens of offices in different cities all over the Kingdom to make sure that an enourmous amount of invitations would reach their destinations all over Europe and sometimes even beyond. For years, skilled masters of every metier from all over Sardinia-Piemonte had tirelessly worked for single week in the August of 1854, when a grandiose masquerade ball would take place right here, in the Royal halls of Turin. A weeklong masquerade devoted to the bright young King Vittorio Emanuele II and every person of note was invited, all the powerful and wealthy of Europe had promised to come.

But it wasn't only the most powerful and wealthy to whom this message reached, very soon most of Europe had the words "masquerade ball" on their lips and the less fortunate ones even knew by heart the message that had came from the halls of Turin. Now that it had finally become certain that the years of boring old Biedermeier system had died in the bloody uprisings of '48, now, for the first time in decades the upper classes were openly yearning for celebrations and pleasures like during "les Bon Vieux Temps". Turin had promised to meet their high expectations.

The whole of Europa was eagerly waiting for the month of Augustus to roll around, letters and invitations had promised a week of unprecedented glee and delight that would put even the court of Roi-Soleil to shame and that to guests both invited and uninvited. Rumor mill was grinding in increasing speeds and every single person of high birth knew in their blue-blooded hearts: this ball had the potential to be the most glamourous event of the century. The cream of the most decadent of continents was just not going to miss it.

They can feel it in the wind. The Old World is changing before their very eyes and soon the Great Houses of Europa could very well be nothing more than a dream remembered, as the old aristocratic tradition dies out before the onslaught of Modernity, the Steam and the Machine. The World is changing, but for now, for one last time: Let the Noble and Magnificent of Old Europa dance the night away!

((Yes, you read that right: Viscounts and Barons, Governors and Senators, Men of Note, Immense Wealth and Noble Birth, you have all been given a perfect opportunity to roleplay out scenes taking place during this Event of the Century. Just don't forget to bring a mask and costume for every day and night of the week (you could name/describe one or two in your IC) and be sure to have a line or two of text ready when the right time rolls around!))​

Last edited:
((brief Polandball))

TjpbNNc.png

viimanelotildeppprovencigavaumlike_zps7e18fbd4.jpg

Chamber Gag Bill III: Yes
Bill to Amend the Constitutional Principles Act: Yes
Government Railroad Use Bill: No

-His Grace Amadeus Cornelius Salvatore Severin dom Contravarius-Parma y d'Alatriste-Enghien, Duca of Provence and Barone of Rubicon, Praetor of Savoy and Senator for Life
Order of Saint Francis de Sales, Second Class

Pale and feverish, His Grace declares on a quivering voice a change to his vote regarding the "Bill to Amend the Constitutional Principles Act". After the announcement a group of loyal deputies quickly rise to follow his lead.

Old Ballot:
Bill to Amend the Constitutional Principles Act: Yes

New Ballot:

-His Grace Amadeus Cornelius Salvatore Severin dom Contravarius-Parma y d'Alatriste-Enghien, Duca of Provence and Barone of Rubicon, Praetor of Savoy and Senator for Life

((Private - His Majesty's Ministers and the General Staff))
...I wish to ask for the permission to create a military order of Knighthood for Sardinia-Piedmontese soldiers who fought and still fight every day in the overseas parts of our Kingdom, the Order will be called the Ordine coloniale della Stella della Sardegna-Piemonte (Colonial Order of the Star of Sardinia-Piedmonte) and a Medal of Service for the Tunesian Campaign named the Medaglia Sardi Piemontese della Guerra di Carthago (Sardinian-Piedmontese Medal of the War of Carthago), this Medal will be awarded to every soldier who fought in Tunis during the War of Carthago and will have no ranks. The Ordine coloniale della Stella della Sardegna-Piemonte will have 5 ranks, Knight Grand Cross, Grand Officer, Commander, Officer and Knight and will be awarded to soldiers as recognisition of their honourable and important service in the parts of the Kingdom beyond the sea and, of course, His Majesty will be Knight Grand Cross and Head of the Order. I wish to recommend Maggior Generale Vitali, Requiescat in Pace, for the rank of Commander in the Ordinie coloniale della Stella della Sardegna-Piedmonte and of course he will recieve the Medaglia Sardi Piemontese della Guerra di Carthago. I wish to recommend Alessandro di Collegno, Luciano d'Manin-Grimani, Sebastian della Pac and myself for the rank of Officer in the
Ordinie coloniale della Stella della Sardegna-Piedmonte and the
Medaglia Sardi Piemontese della Guerra di Carthago, for leading in the Tunesian Campaign and some of us going beyon the call of duty to protect the honour of His Majesty Charles Albert and the Kingdom and the Armed Forces of Sardinia Piedmonte.

Generale d'Ésercito Raffaele Alighieri, HM's Chief of Staff, CML CSG CEE CSJ KSM

viimanelotildeppprovencigavaumlike_zps7e18fbd4.jpg

The Ministry of the Royal Court has, after a brief reconsideration, decided to give it's official consent to the following:

• Creation of the "Ordine coloniale della Stella della Sardegna-Piemonte", a military order of Knighthood for Sardinia-Piemontese soldiers fighting in the overseas. The Order shall have five ranks which shall be named, from highest to lowest, as follows: Knight Grand Cross, Grand Officer, Commander, Officer and Knight. Naturally, His Royal Majesty shall be Knight Grand Cross and Head of the Order.
  • Creation of the "Medaglia Sardi Piemontese della Guerra di Carthago", a Medal of Service for the Tunesian Campaign. The Medal shall have no ranks.
  • The "Medaglia Sardi Piemontese della Guerra di Carthago" will be awarded to every soldier who fought in Tunis during the War of Carthago.

Additionally, the Ministry of the Royal Court shall award the following decorations to individuals deserving recognition:
  • The rank of Officer in the "Ordinie coloniale della Stella della Sardegna-Piedmonte" to Alessandro di Collegno, Luciano d'Manin-Grimani, Sebastian della Pac and Raffaele Alighieri.
  • The rank of Commander in the Military Order of Savoy to Raffaele Alighieri.
  • And finally posthumously the rank of Commander in the "Ordinie coloniale della Stella della Sardegna-Piedmonte" to Maggior Generale Vitali, who died for his King and Country.

((Private-Privy Council))

The voting period has ended and all measures have passed. Congratulations to our new senators and noblemen ((kinghigh, maxwell, and Lyonessian are now senators annd Densley, Otto, and TJDS are nobles))

Senate Vote

Gabriele for Senate: 4/0/0
Sforza for Senate: 4/0/0
Cignetti for Sente: 4/0/0

Noble Votes

Alighieri for nobility: 4/0/0
Uleri for nobility: 4/0/0
Cavalieri for nobility: 4/0/0

Bonaretti for Marchese di Vittoria: 4/0/0

-Conte Bonaretti di Nizza, Prime Minister and Marchese di Vittoria

Pale and feverish, His Grace returns to submit additional paperwork his poor confused head forgot about the first two times around:

Old Ballot:

New Ballot:

[Aristocrat]
[Senator, +25% PP,
Duke, +100% PP]

I'm honoured that the Privy council and His Majesty the King saw it fit that I be brought into the ranks of the nobility.

It has come to my attention that many in government don't want to pass the Government Railroad Use bill as they dont want to spend tax payers money by paying railliens for their use. Yet fees will have to be paid anyways as the railroad is private property and this bill drastically lowers the per year cost of using the railroad for if you look at the costs of tickets at about 0.07 pounds per ticket transporting an army of 12,000 men would cost 840 pounds before you count for supplies, horses and artillery! Even if railroad companies gave a 700% discount the railroad cost would still be 120 pounds for a 12,000 man army per trip! This bill would make a single rail line cost merely 130.86 pounds per year which if more then one trip is made is a lot cheaper, and it gives the government 365 days to get the money for it as opposed to having to spend that money right at the time of use. In addition it allows the government to push war use off for significant periods of time (till after the war is complete) which with out this bill means the government has to pay every single time they want to use a railroad during a war!

- Barone Riccardo Cavalieri, Minister of Commerce, Barone di Settimo