• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A MEMORANDUM FROM THE OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER

P53ZOCh.png

The government confirms the agreement with Societa Hermes and the terms previously laid out. The Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont shall contribute £5000 to the construction of the glass factory in Nice and will purchase £5000 worth of Societa Hermes bonds.

Furthermore, I give my assent as the Count of Nice for Societa Hermes to build the factory on Bonaretti ancestral lands in Nice and sponsor the construction of the factory.

May God shine His light upon our industry.

~Conte Bonaretti di Nizza, Prime Minister

Last edited:
render.php

I, Alessandro Gonzaga di Collegno, hereby claim command of the Military District of Nice due to the absence of any commanding officer and the lack of proper discipline and training caused by this absence.

~Alessandro Niccolo Gonzaga di Collegno, Viscount of Collegno, Lieutenant General, Deputy Chief of the General Staff and Commander of the II Corps of the Kingdom of Sardinia

A friend of Raffaele Alighieri submitted this Amendment, in the hope that Martial Law could be protected from too much bureacracy.

Amendment to the Bill fir the Regulation of Martial Law

I. II wull be removed
II. A new II will be added saying:
IIa The assent of the Prime Minister is required at all times
IIb, His Majesty can veto the declartation of Martial Law.

His Majesty Carlo Alberto sadly leaves us, but he leaves us in a much better position than he found us. It is testament to his virtues as our King, and a call to confidence on His Majesty Vittorio Emmanuele. Let his coronation be a warning to all republicans and jacobins that our monarchy stays on. May his reign be long, powerful and fair. I will be attending the King's memorial services.

- Andrea Damiano Cignetti, OSFS, Marchese di Alba, Ministro dei Trasporti

Eugenio_Montero_Rios_1914hulll_zpsa1df06d2.jpg

Silent and expressionless, His Grace dom Contravarius-Parma y d'Alatriste-Enghien leaves for Doumo di Torino to say his final goodbyes to an old King he never really understood and greetings to a young King he never really believed in.
He was back where he had started, felt exactly the same way he had felt after the cold-blooded murder of Marquess Villamarina - distressed, afraid and alone, drifting farther and farther away from this world.
Floating down through the clouds
Memories come rushing up to meet him.
After the service when he'll be walking sl
owly to his coach
And the silver in his hair'll be shining the bleak-chilly March air
He'll hear the tolling bell

And touch the silk in his lapel, smil
ing wryly

He was already 47, it won't be long before he too will be joining them, the dead.

Not in heaven, but in hell.

Last edited:
A friend of Raffaele Alighieri submitted this Amendment, in the hope that Martial Law could be protected from too much bureacracy.

For a man known as convinced and irascible adversary of military involvement in politics - do we remember his violent outbursts when the late General Vitali, God save his soul, expressed a political opinion? - the Chief of General Staff has been astonishingly visible in Parliament of late. While he seeks to court the favour of Traditionalist leadership in our halls, those who are known for nothing but their friendship to the General defend his viewpoints in the Chambers themselves.

Not two years ago, in this very term, Parliament passed an act to contain the Army's state of inherent anarchy by allowing those civilians responsible for the enforcement of law (the Prime Minister as chief executive on the national level, the Praetors and Governor-Generals on a regional level) to judge the legality of a declaration of Martial Law. A necessary act, and one passed with an astounding 81% majority! Two years ago this Act passed with such a majority - and now, General Aligheri wishes to revisit his distasteful opposition against this act, an act which bounds his nigh infinite powers as de facto commander of our armies.

The very act of presenting such alterations when no popular support for them exists is detrimental to the way we conduct business in Parliament and, for all my political concerns against the amendment, it is for this procedural reason that I must ask our King ((TH)) to veto the Amendment; so that business in Parliament is not cluttered by this nonsense.

- Don Alessandro Sardegno, OSF

*Marzio Pedrotti, immediately after receiving news of His Majesty's death, returns to Sardinia-Piedmonte to attend the funeral*

Seeing as I shall be in Sardinia-Piedmonte for a limited time, we shall conduct the case of GRIMANI v. BONARETTI in approximately two weeks and one week before my return. Now is the time to grieve, not to argue honor. Instead we must respect the honor of His Majesty.

((The case of GRIMANI v. BONARETTI will commence immediately after the funeral of Carlo Alberto.))

Un albero in una pianura,
come si alzò e intemperie dolore.
Eppure nessuna anima umana in grado di controllare,
né essere percepito come l'uomo.

E non pensieri su parole vuote si aprivano,
ma i fratelli in cerca di riposo tra le campane.

La morte si soffermerà.
La morte vorrà.
La morte gambo tue sacre sale.

A tree on a plain,
how it stood and weathered pain.
Yet no human soul could control,
nor be perceived as man.

And no thoughts on empty words opened themselves,
but brothers seeking rest among the bells.

Death will linger.
Death will want.
Death will stalk thine hallowed halls.

((Private Il Sardo Share holders, updated for railroad purchase and Thoctar buying shares.)

Il Concord Sardo Financial Report 1854

Share Holder Income:
Share Holder / Prior Monetary Balance / Increase / New Balance
Oleoso di Sinistra / 1117.6 pounds / 0 / 1117.6 pounds
Carlo Platto: 1202.6 pounds / 0 / 1202.6 pounds
Enzio Ferrabino: 1117.6 pounds / 0 / 1117.6 pounds
Elias Balbo: 1117.6 pounds / 0 / 1117.6 pounds
Riccardo Cavalieri: 1117.6 pounds / 0 / 1117.6 pounds
Guglielmo Pierno: 500 pounds / 0 / 500 pounds

Corporate Balance:
Prior Amount / Increase / New Amount
0/ 7250 pounds / 7250 pounds

- Riccardo Cavalieri, VP of Finance

((TH what does it mean by railroad losses? Are we losing money from the railroad or is that extra money it cost to build them?))

For a man known as convinced and irascible adversary of military involvement in politics - do we remember his violent outbursts when the late General Vitali, God save his soul, expressed a political opinion? - the Chief of General Staff has been astonishingly visible in Parliament of late. While he seeks to court the favour of Traditionalist leadership in our halls, those who are known for nothing but their friendship to the General defend his viewpoints in the Chambers themselves.

Not two years ago, in this very term, Parliament passed an act to contain the Army's state of inherent anarchy by allowing those civilians responsible for the enforcement of law (the Prime Minister as chief executive on the national level, the Praetors and Governor-Generals on a regional level) to judge the legality of a declaration of Martial Law. A necessary act, and one passed with an astounding 81% majority! Two years ago this Act passed with such a majority - and now, General Aligheri wishes to revisit his distasteful opposition against this act, an act which bounds his nigh infinite powers as de facto commander of our armies.

The very act of presenting such alterations when no popular support for them exists is detrimental to the way we conduct business in Parliament and, for all my political concerns against the amendment, it is for this procedural reason that I must ask our King ((TH)) to veto the Amendment; so that business in Parliament is not cluttered by this nonsense.

- Don Alessandro Sardegno, OSF

I can assure you that, if I had the power you say I posses, you would show some more respect. Don Sardegno is a true supporter of the democratic ways, the power of the civilians, thus he proposed these rather liberal acts, if you truely believe in your cause, I would like to see my act be judged by the citzens that you think you have freed from the 'monster' that is the Armed Forces.

RA

((Il Concord Sardo Share Holders))

A deal has been mostly brokered with the Societa Hermes regarding railway ownership and factory ownership. This deal comprises of the following:

1. Railroad ownership in Piedmont changes to Il Concord Sardo
2. Ownership of the cement factory in Savoie to Societa Hermes
3. Il Sardo will pay for the cement factory to become operable and an additional 1k to Societa Hermes
4. A mutual agreement to not charge for rail monopolies in each others provinces.

So let us formally put this to vote:

Railroad Purchase: Yes/No

- Riccardo Cavalieri, VP of Finance

Railraod Purchase: Yes

I am selling my 3 units of luxery furniture for 80.7£ per unit for a total of 242.1£

Frederico del Idra (politician) and Frederico Mopurgo (demagogue) are proud to announce the formation of Sardinia-Piedmont's first political lobby, Societa Albertino; the national movement for Voting Franchise Political Reform.

The society is now accepting members.

Current Members:
1. Frederico Mopurgo (VibraniumTaco)
2. Frederico del Idra (Boulangerie)
3. Nicola Isidoro Leone (Nodscouterr)

Last edited:
It is in this practical and cautious spirit of patriotic innovation that L'Ape and its board of editors announces the search for likeminded men to cooperate with our chief editor, Signore Frederic del Idra, in the co-sponsorship of a political society in support of the franchise movement. We can only hope that such modest measures made in all due respect will eventually bring the government to the right side of this issue, as they have been right on so many others.

I would like to announce my intention of aiding Frederico del Idra in forming a political reform lobby. While the Statuto Albertino may have begun the modernization of Sardinia-Piedmont, it is the duty of all patriotic Piedmont-Sardinians to continue the expansion of the voting franchise to its fullest. In doing so, we will be able to fully honor the memory of the late King and continue his vision of a modern Piedmont and Sardinia to its end.

- Frederico Mopurgo, Demagogue

((Il Concord Sardo Share Holders--Private))

I believe this deal can be very beneficial to all parties involved, especially our own.

Railroad Purchase: Yes

Due to our strengthened position I am more optimistic about our financial resources but I must address to the board and all those present that we can do much better gentlemen. We are being taxed too high, just over two-thirds of our profits are being paid out to the government. Now for a time I was content with paying a bit more than half but now that our contributions are so high that it is being made acutely felt within our balance sheets and record keeping it is time for us to become more active for our interests. We must push for lower taxes. How we go about it I leave to you but while I was well enough to deal with paying as much as 55% in taxes, the current tax rate is simply too much.

~ Enzio Ferrabino

((public))

Coats_of_arms_of_Savoy_House.jpg

His Majesty Vittorio Emanuele II, King of Sardinia, etc.​

"I am touched by the outpouring of public respect and sympathy for my late father, and though I am much distressed by my father's death, we cannot allow grief to overwhelm us. There is much to be done in the Kingdom, and I know my father would not have wished us to cease administering the nation and allow all he had worked for come to naught simply because he has gone to rest with the lord...

With that in mind, I turn my attention to administrative matters. Several of my correspondents have complained that the High Court of Honor is not moving quickly enough to satisfy their complaints and disputes. On further investigation, it has come to my attention that the honorable Count of Arborea has not been heard from since he departed for Russia some time ago, and the foreign office has received no news of his whereabouts. We must expect the worst. I therefore promote Marzio Pedrotti to Chief Justice of the High Court of Honor, and I appoint Count Sforza as an associate justice to fill the remaining vacancy.

Additionally, I hereby lift the moratorium my father placed on dueling, and I will put legislation before the Parliament to the same effect, to legalize duels that are sanctioned by the High Court. I hope this will expedite the seeking of satisfactions by gentlemen of honor."

Dueling Regulation Act
1. The High Court of Honor is hereby empowered to sanction duels.
a) The order of the Chief Justice or two associate Justices, without the necessity of a full tribunal, is sufficient to legally sanction a duel. However, if any justice or either the plaintiff or the defendant object to the order - or should any justice deem it necessary - a full tribunal will be convened for the hearing of the facts and rendition of judgment.
b) The High Court of Honor may also sanction a duel as the judgment or sentence of the tribunal in any complaint of honor.
c) The High Court's power to attach stipulations or regulations to the order sanctioning the duel, such as the number of shots to be taken and the necessary field of honor, is unlimited.
d) The High Court of Honor shall deliver no sentence of imprisonment where a duel is a possible alternative. They may attach a stipulation of imprisonment if the defendant should refuse to duel to satisfy the honor of the plaintiff.
e) If the court deems a duel is unnecessary to satisfy honor (either as the complaint is too petty or for any other reason), then any previous order of the court to the contrary is rescinded.

2. His Majesty the King may also sanction duels, without restriction or reservation.

3. A duel that is officially sanctioned is not unlawful, nor should injuries or deaths sustained in the orderly or lawful commission thereof be prosecutable offenses.

4. Duels not officially sanctioned by the High Court of Honor or His Majesty the King are unlawful and will be prosecuted appropriately.

5. All laws to the contrary of this Act are held null and void.

Lobbies in Sardinia-Piedmont

Current Lobbies:

Unione Nazionale di Riforma - (Political Lobby) - National movement for Voting Franchise Political Reform

Lobby Leadership:

Lorenzo Mopurgo, Demagogue (VibraniumTaco)
Jean Hydra, Politician (Boulangerie)

Current Members:

1. Lorenzo Mopurgo, Demagogue (VibraniumTaco)
2. jean Hydra, Politician (Boulangerie)

Defunct Lobbies:

Societa Albertino

Last edited:
The Marchese di Soleminis, deeply shaken, speaks up before the Chamber

Dear gentlemen,

Before we move to any affairs of state, I must say that the whole nation now grieves the death of our great and virtious Monarch, His Majesty, King Charles Albert. His whole life was dedicated to tireless service to God and nation, which he ruled by His divine grace, under his rule the realm has prospered and achieved new heights. We would always be deeply thankful to His Majesty, now resting in heaven - and would never forget him.

I would, of course, attend the funeral of my august master, whom I will miss while I live - and hope once to see in the other world.

We must welcome the enthronement of our new divinely given ruler, King Vittorio Emmanuele, pledge our undying loyalty to him and wish him many happy years on the throne. Long live the King!

- Cesare Luigi Amat, Marchese di Soleminis and Minister of War

On the Death of His Majesty, King Carlo Alberto,
by Cesare Luigi Amat, the Marquess of Soleminis and St Phillipe

On this sad day birds ceased to sing
Dark grief and sorrow have prevailed
The country lost its righteous King
Whose governance has good entailed

A loving father to his lands
For their happiness he toiled
Receptive to divine commands
By evil vice was never spoiled

Lieutenant to the godly Throne
He served the country with devotion
The poor and rich at his death moan
And soul brings mind in commotion

The truth is hard, Fate holds the strings
We must accept its solemn choices
Our King now feasts with King of Kings
Lets pray for him in many voices

((Royal Literary Society - Public)

The Royal Litetary Society expresses it intention to publish a collection of works of literature to memorialize the glorious reign of His Majesty, King Carlo Alberto, and ask all patriotic authors to submit such, if they see fit. The best work, defined by the vote within RLS, would receive a special prize.

Last edited:
I grieve for the passing of our King, Charles Albert, a man most worthy to have ruled over the Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont. I give my condolences to the Royal Family and pray that His Majesty, Victor Emmanuel II, may rule for many years and bring us great prosperity.

I would also take this time to thank the King for trusting me to serve as Associate Justice of the High Court of Honor and pledge to serve to the utmost of my ability.

Count Francesco Sforza
Minister of Education
Associate Justice of the High Court of Honor

((Sorry for not being active that much, I was losing interest. But I'll try to be more active from now on.))

((Private-Privy Council))

I would like to bring some matters before the council.

First, I nominate three deserving men for the Senate: Signor Claudio Ferrero Gabriele ((99KingHigh)), Conte Francesco Ludovico Costanzo Sforza di Trecate e Galliate ((Maxwell500)), and Marchese Andrea Damiano Cignetti d'Alba ((Lyonessian)).

Secondly, I nominate three outstanding citizens to be elevated to the nobility:

General Raffaele Guglielmo Niccolò Vittorio Maria Alighieri ((TJDS)) shall become the Visconte di Sant Uberto
Signor Carlo Agostino Uleri ((DensleyBlair)) shall become the Barone di Ciamberi
Signor Riccardo Cavalieri ((Otto of England)) shall become the Barone di Settimo

Finally, while I hate to ask people to vote for myself, the honorable Marchese di Soleminis did nominate me for the title of Marchese di Vittoria.

I ask the Privy Council to vote on these matters.

Senate Vote

Gabriele for Senate: Yes/No/Abstain
Sforza for Senate: Yes/No/Abstain
Cignetti for Sente: Yes/No/Abstain

Noble Votes

Alighieri for nobility: Yes/No/Abstain
Uleri for nobility: Yes/No/Abstain
Cavalieri for nobility: Yes/No/Abstain

Bonaretti for Marchese di Vittoria: Yes/No/Abstain

((Vote closes in 48 hours))

((My ballot))

Gabriele for Senate: Si