• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Old ballot: Chamber Gag Bill II: Nay

New ballot: Chamber Gag Bill II: Aye

According to the information I received, some parts of this bills do not correspond with the Statuto Albertino. Therefore I would advise the honorable author to withdraw and alter it.

[Aristocrat]
[Senator + 25%, Mastermind +50%]

((Privy Council - Private))

My lords of the Privy Council,

Our leader, Prime Minister Conte Bonaretti, has awarded many of us with high rewards for our service during the Springtime. However, in his modesty and decency, he did not even think of asking anything for himself - the man who saved the realm from revolution, under who has won the greatest acclaim of whole population by his patriotic actions and wise governance.

However the grateful kingdom has rewarded him with his widest support - and I believe that we cannot ignore the deeds of the Prime Minister and are obliged to ask His Majesty to commend his noble self in certain way. For a long time I have thought what reward would be appropriate for the Count of Nice who take the grave responsibility during the most terrible times and led the Kingdom through the most terrible of storms. It is hard to find something appropriate- however, I have the following idea. Conte Bonaretti is a man that symbolises victory for Sardinia-Piedmont - victory over the Hydra and victory of the royalism in the Kingdom. Therefore I suggest that we would ask His Majesty to grant Conte Bonaretti the honorary title of Marchese di Vittoria (the Marquess of Victory), that would forever immortilize his deeds in the memory of his descendants, that would inherit it - and would urge them to follow the steps of thier great ancestor. I ask the Lord President to open the vote on the matter.

- Cesare Luigi Amat, Marchese di Soleminis and Minister of War

((Private-Privy Council))

I am truly astounded by the proposition. Never had I thought to give an award to myself, for the real heroes of that horrible Springtime were all the men on this council. I am truly honored if the council believes I am worthy of such esteem.

-Bonaretti

Don Sardegno reads the latest Privy Council notes - possibly some of the last notes to ever be made public, assuming that the State Correspondence Act would be finally repealed.

Conte Bonaretti, believe me, from amongst all the men of power and honour in these halls it is you who is most deserving of such an award, without a doubt. Since the so-called "Springtime" you have been benevolent enough to award me and other guardians of tradition the Order of Saint Francis of Sales, yet the man lauded as the Hydra's worst enemy goes as of yet - at least formally - unhonoured. It has been your leadership which united not only the Traditionalist Party, but the country. This victory is yours... Marchese di Vittoria.

- Don Alessandro Sardegno

((Tally, with a new and improved script for registering bonuses.))

Aristocrats: [3]

Chamber Gag Bill II: 1/1/0 [3, 3, 0]
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: 2/0/0 [6, 0, 0]
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: 0/1/0 [0, 3, 0]
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: 2/0/0 [6, 0, 0]
Official Budget for 1851: 2/0/0 [6, 0, 0]
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: 1/0/0 [3, 0, 0]
Dignity of the Parliament Act: 2/0/0 [6, 0, 0]

Andre Massena and Marschalk: [5]

Chamber Gag Bill II: 0/1/0 [0, 5, 0]
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: 0/1/0 [0, 5, 0]
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: 2/0/0 [10, 0, 0]
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: 2/0/0 [10, 0, 0]
Official Budget for 1851: 2/0/0 [10, 0, 0]
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: 2/0/0 [10, 0, 0]
Dignity of the Parliament Act: 2/0/0 [10, 0, 0]

Industrialists: [1]

Chamber Gag Bill II: 0/3/0 [0, 3, 0]
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: 3/0/0 [3, 0, 0]
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: 3/0/0 [3, 0, 0]
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: 2/0/1 [2, 0, 1]
Official Budget for 1851: 0/3/0 [0, 3, 0]
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: 0/3/0 [0, 3, 0]
Dignity of the Parliament Act: 1/0/2 [1, 0, 2]

Militarists: [2]

Chamber Gag Bill II: 1/1/1 [2, 2, 2]
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: 2/0/1 [4, 0, 2]
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: 0/2/1 [0, 4, 2]
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: 2/0/1 [4, 0, 2]
Official Budget for 1851: 2/0/1 [4, 0, 2]
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: 2/0/1 [4, 0, 2]
Dignity of the Parliament Act: 2/0/1 [4, 0, 2]

Labor Leaders: [1]

Chamber Gag Bill II: 0/0/0 [0, 0, 0]
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: 0/0/0 [0, 0, 0]
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: 0/0/0 [0, 0, 0]
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: 0/0/0 [0, 0, 0]
Official Budget for 1851: 0/0/0 [0, 0, 0]
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: 0/0/0 [0, 0, 0]
Dignity of the Parliament Act: 0/0/0 [0, 0, 0]

Demagogues: [2]

Chamber Gag Bill II: 0/2/0 [0, 4, 0]
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: 1/0/1 [2, 0, 2]
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: 1/0/1 [2, 0, 2]
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: 2/0/0 [4, 0, 0]
Official Budget for 1851: 1/1/0 [2, 2, 0]
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: 1/1/0 [2, 2, 0]
Dignity of the Parliament Act: 1/1/0 [2, 2, 0]

Contravarius: [6]

Chamber Gag Bill II: 1/0/0 [6, 0, 0]
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: 1/0/0 [6, 0, 0]
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: 1/0/0 [6, 0, 0]
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: 1/0/0 [6, 0, 0]
Official Budget for 1851: 1/0/0 [6, 0, 0]
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: 1/0/0 [6, 0, 0]
Dignity of the Parliament Act: 1/0/0 [6, 0, 0]

Bonus: [0]

Chamber Gag Bill II: 0/0/0 [0, 0, 0]
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: 0/0/0 [0, 0, 0]
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: 80/0/0 [0, 0, 0]
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: 80/0/0 [0, 0, 0]
Official Budget for 1851: 80/0/0 [0, 0, 0]
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: 80/0/0 [0, 0, 0]
Dignity of the Parliament Act: 80/0/0 [0, 0, 0]

Politicians: [1]

Chamber Gag Bill II: 1/6/0 [1, 6, 0]
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: 4/3/0 [4, 3, 0]
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: 4/3/0 [4, 3, 0]
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: 4/2/1 [4, 2, 1]
Official Budget for 1851: 3/1/3 [3, 1, 3]
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: 4/3/0 [4, 3, 0]
Dignity of the Parliament Act: 6/1/0 [6, 1, 0]

Totals:
Chamber Gag Bill II: 4/14/1 [13, 37, 2] [26.0%]
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: 13/4/2 [35, 10, 4] [77.8%]
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: 11/6/2 [55, 13, 4] [80.9%]
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: 15/2/3 [79, 2, 4] [97.5%]
Official Budget for 1851: 11/5/4 [65, 7, 7] [90.3%]
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: 11/7/1 [64, 10, 2] [86.5%]
Dignity of the Parliament Act: 15/2/3 [84, 3, 4] [96.6%]

Don Sardegno reads the latest Privy Council notes - possibly some of the last notes to ever be made public, assuming that the State Correspondence Act would be finally repealed.

Conte Bonaretti, believe me, from amongst all the men of power and honour in these halls it is you who is most deserving of such an award, without a doubt. Since the so-called "Springtime" you have been benevolent enough to award me and other guardians of tradition the Order of Saint Francis of Sales, yet the man lauded as the Hydra's worst enemy goes as of yet - at least formally - unhonoured. It has been your leadership which united not only the Traditionalist Party, but the country. This victory is yours... Marchese di Vittoria.

- Don Alessandro Sardegno

((The State Correspondence Act only makes public those posts pertaining to the selection of the Prime Minister - therefore you still could not have read Andre's message.))

Chamber Gag Bill II: Aye
Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration: Aye
Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law: Nay
Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment: Aye
Official Budget for 1851: Aye
Repeal the State Correspondence Act: Aye
Dignity of the Parliament Act: Aye

[Aristocrat]
[Senator: +25% PP]

The Minister of Education has been feeling ill, so I shall present his plan in his absence

EDUCATION PLAN FOR 1851

These are the areas of focus our schools and universities should research and educate our future generations about:

First Priority: Organized Factories [Improved factory profitability] ((our current tech we are researching))
Second Priority: Breech-loaded rifles [Army Improvements]
Third Priority: Stock Exchange [Improved tax efficiency]
Fourth Priority: Positivism [Improved education efficiency]
Fifth Priority: Strategic Mobility [Army Improvements]
Sixth Priority: State & Government [Added National Focus; gateway to colonization]

~Conte Bonaretti di Nizza, Prime Minister

To Right Honorable Conte Giacomo Bonaretti of Nice, Prime Minister of Sardinia-Piedmont
To the Members of the Privy Council of His Majesty
To General Raffaele Alighieri, the Chief of the Army
To the Ministers of the Cabinet of His Majesty
To Governor-General of Carthage
((Private))

After holding talks with His Majesty and the Prime Minister, the Ministy of War must, in accordance with the powers given to it by the august Commander-in-Chief in this occasion, declare the following:

It is known that the Sardinian military presence in Carthage is currently nonexistant and that separatist groups are active within the colony, the actions of one of which have led to the murder of Major General Vitali. It is clear from the reports of Governor-General Balbo that additional forces are needed for the guaranteeing of security and policing purposes.

Therefore the Ministry of War has decided to recruit one regiment of horse, that would bear the name of Royal Mounted Gendarmerie, to be recruited from among the loyal Carthaginians. The military representative of the Ministry of War within the Office of the Governor-General, Colonel di Roberti, is to, under guidance of the Governor-General Balbo, form this regiment and take the temporary command of it. It would be in adminstrative disposal of Governor-General Balbo, until His Majesty or Chief of Army would decree otherwise

Signed: Cesare Luigi Amat, Marchese di Soleminis and Minister of War

((Form one cavalry regiment in Tunisia

TH specifically allowed the government to do that, TJDS, hope, you would not mind! This is what submitting orders in the last moment means!))

A Memorandum from the Office of the Prime Minister to the Cabinet and Ambassador to the Kingdom of Two Sicilies:

Dear Signor Moretti,

As you are well aware our relationship with the Kingdom of Two Sicilies is crucial to the survival of our kingdom and peace on the Italian peninsula. Our two nations must work together to suppress radical Jacobinism and pan-Italianism. Please do your utmost to continue friendly relations with King Ferdinand II and establish an alliance if possible.

Sincerely,

Conte Bonaretti di Nizza
Prime Minister

((IG: improve friendly relations with Two Sicilies till we hit 200 and form an alliance if possible))

((Some notes:

First, there are three vacant military districts - Sardinia, Nice, and Tunis. Any militarist can claim command of any of these districts.

Second, since Harpsichord resigned from the game, his union will be assigned to a new labor leader. If Fredrik9611 claims it in the next two days, it's his. Otherwise, if it's not broken up by government and military action, it will go to Dadarian.))

Private – the Prime Minister​

Dear Signor,

Having learnt of your recent direction to Sig. Moretti, in which I understand you have requested that the Hon. Ambassador engages in negotiations of a treaty of alliance between our kingdom and the Kingdom of Siciliy, I must respectfully voice my protestation that you should issue such a missive without having first made me aware of your intentions. Noting that your request further contradicts the stated aims of the Foreign Office; namely, its intention to refrain from entering into any new treaties of alliance within Europe, I must ask whether your decision to disengage my office from its own affairs reflects a lack of faith you hold in my policies? Should my policies be unsavoury to your own visions of how diplomacy should be conducted, Signor, I would think it far more proper that I be given the opportunity to offer my resignation so that you may appoint a Secretary more amenable to your own intentions, as regrettable as such an instance would be, rather than resorting to replacing your Secretaries in managing their own affairs.

Please accept this expression of my sentiments with the highest regard,

The Rt. Hon. Don Carlo Agostino Uleri, M.P.
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs

((Voting is now closed.

I closed voting slightly early tonight because I'm about to start the playthrough. I think the writing was on the wall for most of those items anyway...))

Bonaretti 1851-1853: The Hydra Sleeps​

Though the overwhelming conservative majority in the Chamber of Deputies would easily propel count Giacomo Bonaretti to power as Sardinia-Piedmont's first two-term Prime Minister, his term would not nearly be the peaceful affair that he had intended. The disorganization of the tiny Parliamentary opposition left Bonaretti with near absolute power - though the Pretorians would appoint Ernesto Granelli (himself narrowly beating out Carthaginian governor Lucius Balboa) as their new leader, replacing the unsuccessful Grimani, the Parliamentary opposition was too small to meaningfully challenge Bonaretti. However, the conservative government still faced problems in the Parliament.

Bonaretti's initial choice of ministers would spark friction between the government and its lesser coalition partners; that friction would manifest itself in later legislative battles. The government brought in a raft of legislation, including a repeal on the State Correspondence Act, much of which would pass the chamber easily. However, the huge conservative majority fell into disarray over a new proposed Gag Bill. Moderate conservatives expressed severe reservations about the bill, believing it would tie the Chamber's hands unnecessarily, while counterreformers loathed it as blocking their agenda. Some Granrealisti felt that the act also violated the Statuto Albertino and therefore would be disobedient to the King. It was ultimately voted down, the Prime Minister having taken no official stance on the legislation.

Festeggiamenti_Statuto_Albertino.jpg

1. Some protested against the perceived undermining of the Statuto Albertino​

The cabinet itself also became a headache for Bonaretti, with a fair amount of bickering and cross-talk plaguing the government. The Ministry of War, under Cesare Luigi Amat, wanted to begin an ambitious project to fortify the French border, drawing criticism from both the Finance Ministry for the expense and the Foreign Office, for unnecessarily antagonizing the French. The plan was eventually mothballed when high cost estimates arrived on Amat's desk, though he continued an aggressive expansion of military recruitment in cooperation with the Interior. The Prime Minister's own plan to seek closer relations and ultimately alliance with Two Sicilies was also criticized privately by Carlo Agostino Uleri's foreign office (the details later being leaked to the public. Uleri, himself well-respected as a statesman and for his role in pushing through educational reform at the blackest moments of 1848, eventually dissuaded the Prime Minister from seeking alliance with Two Sicilies.

The reorganization of the military - ordered by the King in late 1850 - would also be a point of contention between the government, the army, and the crown. Shortly before his illness began, His Majesty ordered a redistribution of troops away from Piemonte and into peripheral regions, including Savoie, Nice, and Sardinia. The General Staff strenuously objected and tried to dissuade while much of the government remained silence. However, reports of a bloody bombing in Sardinia (prior to the arrival of troops) convinced Carlo Alberto that the absence of military units from the outer regions was indeed sowing chaos, and the campaign continued. Subsequent attempts by the government to break up illegal trade unions in Turin would fail without military cooperation. Though the general staff would claim that it was due to disorganization related to execution of the King's directives, Bonaretti would suspect that they had deliberately withheld their cooperation, objecting to the reorganization.

484px-William_Bell_Scott_-_Iron_and_Coal.jpg

2. Bonaretti viewed Trade Unions with considerable trepidation​

Nothing proved to be so much trouble for Bonaretti, however, as the execution of Enrico Lucio Leone. Leone - condemned for treason - was sentenced to be hanged early into his first time. On the initial execution date, however, angry supporters of the condemned revolutionary and industrialist surrounded the gallows in an attempt to free them. The guard quickly evacuated the platform and ultimately were forced to hang Leone in a closed execution the subsequent month. News of death prompted protests in Turin. The protests would spark a justice ministry crackdown on reform movements; however, the suffrage movement particularly came back stronger and stronger despite the government's best efforts.

All in all, however, the climate was considerably milder than the revolutionary fervor of Bonaretti's last term - or as Bonaretti himself would say, "almost dull." Though a French uprising in Savoy would briefly draw his attention, the movement was quickly dispersed by the III Corps. In a famous address to Parliament in December of 1852, Bonaretti would declare that "the Hydra is sleeping," and that his gravest concern was the declining health of the King. The remainder of the term would pass in relative tranquility - despite several international conferences on Bulgaria in Paris (which came to nothing) and one brief abortive Jacobin uprising just across the border, in Switzerland. The high tax, low spending policies of finance minister Claudio Ferrero Gabriele, combined with significant administrative improvements in tax efficiency, created a sizable treasury surplus.

However, in on March 4th, 1854, Bonaretti would receive the blackest of news - after three years of increasing infirmity, the King had died.[1] His son, Victor Emmanuel II, ascended to the throne the next day, amid national mourning.

396px-VictorEmmanuel2.jpg

3. Vittorio Emanuele II​

[1] Carlo Alberto is thought to have died of a stroke, after a smaller stroke crippled him three years earlier. As he was relatively young, his death came as a surprise to the nation. Most had believed he would recover.

-------------------------

Player Actions Needed:
I'll wait for new business.

Last edited:
((screenshots))

aBDYj2q.png

EVYxQ2o.png

atzU3sa.png

oz2Hl3j.png

VPOb1sA.png

AxjZkVO.png

KjKfVfl.png

((factory costs))
4AhcPmc.png

ksbfT9k.png

Last edited:
((reserved again))

zRncyVF.png

Il Sardo

Piemonte Winery: 18000
Sardinia Ammunition Factory: 1250
Savoie Cement Factory: Still Bankrupt ((still no write-offs))
(railroad losses ~300, already included above)

Gross Profit: 19250
@ 62% taxes: ~12000
Total Profit: 7250 ((this is how much money the company gets))

I PMC

Sardinia Liquor Distillery: 7000
Piemonte Clothes Factory: 1100

Gross Profit: 8100
@ 62% taxes: ~5000
Societá Hermes Cut: ~100 (post tax, Societá Hermes gets this much)
Total Profit: 3000 ((this is how much money the company gets))

Government Taxes Collected: 17000@31% tax efficiency ~= 5270

((Notes - railroad subsidies if passed will be retroactive to 1851.))

Last edited:
((public))

Coats_of_arms_of_Savoy_House.jpg

The King is Dead

Last edited:
Bonaretti tearfully addresses the Parliament

His Majesty was one of the finest men to grace this earth. He led us through the turmoil of two revolutionary periods and brought prosperity, justice, and tranquility to all Sardinan and Piedmontese countrymen. All classes revered him for the graceful example he set everyday. Let his light shine in heaven and serve as a beacon to us all, for King Carlo Alberto shall rightfully be remembered as one of the great men of history. God bless the spirit of King Carlo Alberto and long live our new king, His Majesty Vittorio Emanuele, the second of his name, King of Sardinia, Duke of Savoy, and King of Jerusalem!

I invite all upstanding citizens to attend the memorial service for our deceased king at the Duomo di Torino tomorrow at noon.

God bless you all.

-Conte Bonaretti di Nizza, Prime Minister

*As Italy mourned for the death of Carlo Alberto, another man passed away. Barone Augustus, aged 72, died in the early morning of December 5th, 1852. He collapsed on the floor of the Privy Council Building on his way to propose a new bill. The cause of death was a severe Heart Attack. Augustus Cavour Palma was buried in his family's estate on the Island of Sardinia, near Cagliari. His nephew, Phillip Palma, became the new Barone. Before his death however, Augustus managed to do his task of Minister of the Royal Court, and proceed to award noble men of Sardinia Orders of Knighthood*

A MEMORANDUM FROM THE OFFICE OF THE ROYAL COURT:

It is with Great Honor that the Ministry of the Royal Court Award Conte Giacomo Bonaretti di Nizza the esteemed title of Cavaliere di Gran Croce dell'Ordine dei Santi Maurizio e Lazzaro, Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Saints Maurice and Lazarus for his service to the government and to the crown as Prime Minister over these turbulent years.

It is also with an even greater honor, that for his service to the Crown, for braving the onslaught of violent revolution, for leading our people through the darkest time in its history, for countering the Jacobin menace, for safely guiding the nation out of the Springtime of Nations, for preserving the Kingdom and Crown, and for defending the Royal Family from a violent overthrow, I present, in collaboration with the King, Conte Giacomo Bonaretti di Nizza, Prime Minister of Sardinia, and loyal subject to the King, the title of Cavaliere dell'Ordine Supremo della Santissima Annunziata, Knight of the Order of the Most Holy Annunciation. The entire Kingdom thanks you in your service to the crown Conte Bonaretti. ((This Order is the Highest Order in the Kingdom.))

Last, with a great honor, award the family of Marco Bernardo Vitali Commander Status in the Military Order of Savoy for Marco's valiant efforts in Carthage before his untimely death. Marco Vitali was a great soldier, and his memory shall be cherished forever.

-Barone Augustus, Minister of the Royal Court

((Before you ask, the First Order given to Andre is required for me to give him the Second Order, the highest one))

Last edited:

L'Ape: The Modern Journal of Literature and Current Affairs

The King Is Dead, Long Live The King

Having faithfully served as King of the Sardinian-Piedmontese people since 1831, His Majesty Charles Albert was a great modernizer and popular monarch from the very beginning. His first act upon the nation's throne was to wipe away the centuries-old stain of Spanish domination and enshrine from the old Viceroyalty a new constitutional order, like Minerva was birthed from the head of Jove. In these troubled times, with more than a hundred and seventy thousand chartists on the march in the streets, demanding the extension of the franchise to a greater segment of the nation, we would do best to remember our late majesty's words and deeds and to heed his wisdom from beyond the distant shore. For, even though the great architect of the universe has received our King to his breast, His Majesty Charles-Albert is with us still in his lasting legacy - the Statuto Alberto which proudly bears his noble name. And, looking upon this great document, the true patriot must wonder why Comte Bonaretti's government is waging war on its own people, having suppressed these independent-minded citizens several times in the past three years alone. Is it not within the folds of the sacred Albertine Statute that all citizens possess equal civil and political rights? It is enough to make the sensible man think that His Majesty himself would have supported the expansion of the franchise.

While as all patriots we must commend Comte Bonaretti's wise expansion of the military ranks in order to fight the vicious rebellion of ungrateful Carthaginian turncoats, this paper has no choice but to support the national movement for the expansion of the voting franchise from weighted to weighted-universal, in opposition to the government's current course.

It is in this practical and cautious spirit of patriotic innovation that L'Ape and its board of editors announces the search for likeminded men to cooperate with our chief editor, Signore Frederic del Idra, in the co-sponsorship of a political society in support of the franchise movement. We can only hope that such modest measures made in all due respect will eventually bring the government to the right side of this issue, as they have been right on so many others.​

((Mechanically speaking, I'm looking for an industrialist or demagogue who can help me form a Voting Franchise Political Reform Lobby in accordance to the lobby-making rules, as well as anyone of any class who would like to join said lobby. I would do all the bookkeeping work, so you don't need to worry about that.))

I will be attending the attending the late king's memorial service.
- Frederico del Idra

The following agreement has been reached between Societa Hermes and the Kingdom of Sardinia Piedmont

A Glass Factory is to be built in Nice, on Bonaretti ancestral lands.

Per the agreement, Sardinia-Piedmont will contribute £5000 to the construction efforts, and will purchase £5000 Societa Hermes bonds (details below).
This factory will cost £10503 ((correct me if I'm wrong TH3)), which will be paid for with the £10K already mentioned, as well as £503 of Societa Hermes' own capital.
This factory will be subsidized until it can be profitable on its own.

Societa Hermes issues the following bonds to the Government of Sardinia-Piedmont

These bonds are in the amount of £5 000 (Five Thousand Pounds)
These bonds will pay a coupon of 10% of the face value every five years, beginning January 1st, 1861.
If the coupons on these bonds are not paid within five years of the agreed date, the Kingdom of Sardinia has the right to take control of the Glass Factory under construction in Nice.
The face value of the bonds are due on January 1st, 1886.
If the face value of these bonds are not paid within five years of the agreed date, the Kingdom of Sardinia has the right to take control of the Glass Factory under construction in Nice.
These bonds are non-tradable.
If an agreement can be reached between the Kingdom Of Sardinia-Piedmont and Societa Hermes, the face value of these bonds may be paid prior to January 1st, 1886.

((I will do a complete document of Societa Hermes finances, but I am certain we have £503))