• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(24857)

Beer drinking cAARtoonist
Jan 19, 2004
EDIT: You can download entire AAR in .pdf file (2.25 MB) here!

Part I - Army Training

pc0101.jpg

2nd Jan 1936 - It´s me and Scrappy. I'd just woken up after a New Year's party and Scrappy scared the shit out of me. I should say that Scrappy belongs to Carl's pub and he probably brought me home that night..

PS: and it is not the worst thing that happened...

pc0102.jpg

4th Jan 1936 - ...because during my 30 hours blackout, I volunteered for the newly established Australian Imperial Army. The picture shows me and drill sergeant MacCraigh.

pc0103.jpg

7th Mar 1936 - Night movement exercise. 20 miles with full pack.

pc0104.jpg

2nd Apr 1936 - Training Completion Celebration. Abel Company, 1st Battalion of the 2nd Regiment of Australian Rifles has new corporal - me, cpl. Henry Michael Stanley Wolfhound.

Last edited:
some things I want to say about this AAR:

I am playing CORE 0.82, very hard/furious
My postcAARds will follow the course of the game, but I am not going to stick to the facts only ;)

I am not trying to offend anyone with my drawings, please remember it :rofl:

Intersting start. Keep it up!

This is a rather unique AAR.Good work keep it up.

I am glad that you like my pics ;).
Yes, I am drawing them by myself...

The 2nd part is already in progress... and as a little teaser, I can tell you that it will show you what is happening all around the world ;)

Part II. - The Years before the War

pc0201.jpg

18th Jul 1936 - Civil war outbreak in Spain.

pc0202.jpg

2nd Sep 1936 - Last Ethiopian troops surrender to Italian Army. Italy annexes Ethiopia the same day.

pc0203.jpg

10th Jul 1937 - After series of border incidents, Japan declares war upon China.

pc0204.jpg

28th Sep 1938 - Australian army gets new weapons and equipment. The picture shows me posing with Bren MG, Owen SMG and 2inch mortar.

Your pictures are fantastic! How long do you take to draw them on average?

A trooper said:
Your pictures are fantastic! How long do you take to draw them on average?

thanks ;)

10-30 minutes to do hand drawings...
then it takes some time to scan the images ;)
and another 15-30 minutes to clean and color the scans, apply effects, make background etc...

but it is just rough guess... in fact I don´t have a clue ;)

in general it takes more time to think up something than to draw it :)

Heres one i made earlier:This is my fav gun, you can all see whay it is.
gg3737.gif

:D Cool! Now all we need is a Finn to come in here and start talking about the Soumi SMG and we can have small arms debate! ;)

Also Wolfhound, great SCW picture! :D