• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
V2_4.jpg

I got bored so I invaded Tripoli

Last edited:
Here is my Japanese Empire!

I have annexed Johore, Brunei, Korea, and Dai Nam's 2 provinces that don't border China. I have taken Shumshu and Sakhalin from Russia , China's southernmost province, Formosa, Halshenwai, Dutch Muraleve, and Luzon.

I plan to continue to gnaw away at China, maybe take some some of North America from the Russians, take some more Pacific land from the Dutch, and take the rest of the Phillipines.

It's 1884 by the way.

Attachments

• V2_MAP_JAP_1884.1.29_1.jpg
    V2_MAP_JAP_1884.1.29_1.jpg
    489,4 KB · Views: 1.375
Last edited:
Here is my Japanese Empire!

I have annexed Johore, Brunei, Korea, and Dai Nam's 2 provinces that don't border China. I have taken Shumshu and Sakhalin from Russia , China's southernmost province, Formosa, Halshenwai, Dutch Muraleve, and Luzon.

I plan to continue to gnaw away at China, maybe take some some of North America from the Russians, take some more Pacific land from the Dutch, and take the rest of the Phillipines.

It's 1884 by the way.

Nice! As Japan, dominating the Pacific is a nice goal. If you really want to over-achieve, you could aim for owning every coastal region along the pacific: the US West Coast, Central America, Colombian West Coast, Peru, Chile; Australia, Indonesia, the Philippines, NZ, China, Indochina and Eastern Russia. That'd be awesome :)

Netherlands, 1915, normal difficulty. I think I'm going to call it done; 1700 brigades to manage is not fun, and I've gotten five regions from the UK in one war, so there's not much of a challenge anymore either.

v2mapnet191511101.jpg

v272.jpg

I annexed Belgium, Hesse-Darmstadt, Nassau, Frankfurt, Brunei, Johore, Atjeh, Korea, Afghanistan, Makran, Transvaal, Tunis, Algeria and Madagascar. I got territories from France, China and the UK. The Netherlands has the highest population in the world and has slightly more soldier POPs than the UK.

China is a sad story. It initially got picked on by the UK, as in every game. Then I, as the Netherlands, went in and waged a couple of wars for territory too. Russia took land in multiple wars as well. Japan grabbed a province. It was cut down to size twice. The Xibei San Ma secceded. By 1915, it's a civilised nation and has fancy new uniforms, but it is only fourth in population and doesn't field more than 20 brigades.

Fun stuff: Hawaiian rebels secceded from the US and Hawaii later turned into a communist dictatorship.

Netherlands, 1915, normal difficulty. I think I'm going to call it done; 1700 brigades to manage is not fun, and I've gotten five regions from the UK in one war, so there's not much of a challenge anymore either.

v2mapnet191511101.jpg

v272.jpg

I annexed Belgium, Hesse-Darmstadt, Nassau, Frankfurt, Brunei, Johore, Atjeh, Korea, Afghanistan, Makran, Transvaal, Tunis, Algeria and Madagascar. I got territories from France, China and the UK. The Netherlands has the highest population in the world and has slightly more soldier POPs than the UK.

China is a sad story. It initially got picked on by the UK, as in every game. Then I, as the Netherlands, went in and waged a couple of wars for territory too. Russia took land in multiple wars as well. Japan grabbed a province. It was cut down to size twice. The Xibei San Ma secceded. By 1915, it's a civilised nation and has fancy new uniforms, but it is only fourth in population and doesn't field more than 20 brigades.

Fun stuff: Hawaiian rebels secceded from the US and Hawaii later turned into a communist dictatorship.
Russian Oregon, no surprise there.

I have taken Rome, liberated our Chinese brothers, and are currently sparring with the British and French Empires for more territory. I am aiming to liberate the great and honorable Italia for the sake of Rome, and Rome only. I will unite them under the Ottoman banner and, if applicable, set them free as a dominion or satellite. The Russian Empire stands in my way, for they have allies in the remaining states that I have not conquered, and the Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont will need another war to completely conquer.

Other than that, it's smooth going from here. My peoples may be nearing exhaustion, but I know that if we move forward, always forward, we will reach our victory in the Africas, Asia, and Europe for our great cause.

Derp.

ottomanempirestateofthe.png

ottomanempire1912stateo.png

Here's my Haitian "empire". I intended this game to just be a hands-off game where I turned off all messages and was going to just let it go so it builds a large savegame I can test my editor on but then I started to actually play it and got really involved. I never waged any wares, I just stuck to my little island minding my own business the entire game.

download.php

Was hoping to become a Great Power, maybe if I play longer just build up more military units...

Here's my factories a couple years earlier - nice profits! Couldn't keep up with the flow of craftsmen pouring into the country I was constantly expanding what I had

download.php

All hail Suleiman II the Magnificent, successor of the Prophet Muhammed and Alexander the Great, Conqueror of Worlds!
Long live to Le Blob v.2!

Texan "Empire" 1907

These are from a Texas game I "finished" a couple weeks ago. A friend and I played Texas jointly (meaning we took turns playing/directing) and over a period of five once-a-week sessions we got to 1907 before declaring victory and ending the game. After vanquishing our rival, the United States, it seemed like the game would become boring as we continued to gobble up pieces of the USA at 5 year intervals and try to avoid European conflicts. Our next game will be Indian unification as Panjab.

This is using Victoria 1.1, People's Democratic Modification Version 9.3. Since we couldn't switch over to the newer version without losing our progress, I made a copy of the game to update to 1.2 and then preserved the original 1.1. At no point did we cheat, either by using codes or by loading another country.

Full Map
fullmap.jpg

North America
northamerica.jpg

Note that the CSA is in Texas' sphere of influence.

South America is omitted because the borders are pretty much the same, with the usual minor fluctuations, but every major South American country is in the Texas sphere of influence.

North Africa
africa1.jpg

South Africa
africa2k.jpg

Asia
asia.jpg

Diplomacy
diplomacyqf.jpg

Demographics
demographics.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my Haitian "empire". I intended this game to just be a hands-off game where I turned off all messages and was going to just let it go so it builds a large savegame I can test my editor on but then I started to actually play it and got really involved. I never waged any wares, I just stuck to my little island minding my own business the entire game.

download.php

Was hoping to become a Great Power, maybe if I play longer just build up more military units...

Here's my factories a couple years earlier - nice profits! Couldn't keep up with the flow of craftsmen pouring into the country I was constantly expanding what I had

download.php

Good game! It's pretty cool that it can be fulfilling to play this game as a small nation with no conquests.

I don't know if it's all the times I played Risk as a kid, but I really like to unify entire continents. So, here's my United States of the Americas. I've gotten every little island now, in 1902. I've pounded on the UK to make sure that they don't turbo-industrialize in India, driving their war exhaustion to 100% several times and forcing them to release New Zeeland, South Africa (though only one state), Mughalistan and India (five states in three different wars). Because of the wars and the war exhaustion, they're in constant rebellion; Australia freed itself and became a Great Power, until India civilized and overtook the #8 position.

After thoroughly beating Mexico in the first war, and then struggling to beat the UK out of Canada in a bunch of wars, the game has been pretty straightforward. The goal was to be #1 in all rankings and to stop the UK from industrializing India. No territorial expansion outside of the Americas and the Pacific islands. I aimed to have all of East and South East Asia in my sphere, as well as the independent African nations in order to stop the old empires of Europe from gobbling them all up.

usaworld.jpg

usaend.jpg

usadip.jpg

Some of you from EU3 might remember this.

This is a thread on Victoria 2 empires, not EU3 ones. Please post your EU3 empires in the appropriate EU3 forum thread.

You'd think you could tell the V2 world map from the EU3 one. (aka this is a Victoria 2 empire "converted" from EU3, appropriate section IMO)
The TI is obviously EU3. Even if, a converted EU3 game hardly counts as a "V2 game".