• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

coodav

Banned
9 Badges
Jul 3, 2019
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
Alright guys, not sure if you use this unit, but it is just crazy. If you recall the campaign, where you would frequently get the item called 'Phoenix Breath,' which would just wipe out a ton of guys if you hit them with it. This is just like that, but worse.

So if you charge that guy up, you get a massive shot in round two:

Bigshot1.png

So six units caught in the blast. Pretty much full health.

When you fire it off, here is what is left:

Bigshot2.png

Which is awesome. So 2 units insta-gibbed, and four others hanging on by a thread. And note that the four left are disabled, so they are super easy picking for pretty much any unit.

So this was six units. Anyone have a shot like this? Post it up. Or heck, any great AOE money shots. Let's see them.

Attachments

• Bigshot1.png
    Bigshot1.png
    4,9 MB · Views: 0
  • Bigshot2.png
    Bigshot2.png
    3,6 MB · Views: 0
You should have played AoW1...

Any T4 unit (except the First Born imho) with some enchantments on it, and you could wipe out entire armies.

An Air Galley for example, coming up against a ground based army, was instant victory. 1 unit could kill 48 units (ground units couldn't attack air)

Or an air elemental (physical immunity, so you needed a magical attack to damage it) against almost everything.

The current t3 and t4 units are quite "weak" in comparison to the previous games.

But, if the situation is correct, still plenty powerful.

Nice. That is 8 units. Fantastic.

I had a sea battle where two whole stacks of AI boats funneled through a narrow pass. Oh man, I wish I kept a shot of that.

You're quite late to this situation lol.

Shakaran is a designated horde buster unit lol.

Its very dominating against certain type configurations of units. It would just flounder against other types without support tho. Heck, I blew one of them up with six modded justicars because the justicars blew up it's supporting units first then surrounded it on all sides and focusfired. Its omnibeam couldn't do anything but hit just one justicar.

May I introduce you to the wonders of a flame tank from Age of wonders : The Golden Realms expansion?

Six of them in a single stack with flame breath ready to go from turn 1. Setting entire undead armies on fire and reducing them all to ashes. It's a pity that massive megabattle thread lost it's pictures I should'\ve saved the pics.