• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is a nice empire, with quite a lot of rich lands as well- your lagging in techs could be attributed at poor lands at start and to expanding. My guess is that teching will get easier soon as I see you have Austrian, Ottoman and some Italian lands already. By the way, which of your neighbours did you conquer first, and how vassalisation was resolved?
(To make pics smaller, tick "resize" when uploding picks to IS and choose smaller resolution)
P.S. It is also nice to see a game where colonisation is normal for ~1530. Have you edited anything in the game or did this happen naturally?

Soon after the game started hungary offered me an alliance, and I then cancelled vassilisation and accepted the alliance, so they wouldnt be able to attack me straight away. Then I immediatly DoWed Moldavia, Hungary betrayed me, took 1 prov and vassilised, then immediatly did the same to walachia. Luckily for me hungary then attacked aquelia, and they had to fight bohemia who was still the emporor, so I DoWed Hungary and managed to snatch a couple provs. But I lost my vassals and lots of prestige quite quickly when lith and OE dowed them both and I didnt answer their call to arms. But then the OE dowed me and with the help from the bavaria (HRE) and bohemia (gurenteeing me) I had to fight them for about 20 years until I managed to get them to cede bulgaria and release their 2 vassals... Then 5 years later they attacked again when I was actually at war with the emporor and I got steamrolled.... I hadnt really been expecting serbia and bosnia to remain loyal allies when they werent vassals....

And all colonisation is just happening naturally.

I'm sad to say that Germany is no more :(

It is circa the year 1650, and I have been declared war on by the 3 biggest nations in the game: Papal State, Ottomans, and Golden Horde.

Due to my total neglect of BB, I have no allies, so I find this hopeless. I believe this was doomed from the start; I made it big for a while though.

Here is the world before my end:

eu3mapger16521221b.png

eu3mapger16521222r.png

Some interesting things to note:

Asia has been actively colonizing the America mostly Vjanajar and Japan.

Mamluks ARE Africa by the looks of it, and they inherited Kazahk

Timurids turned into Mughals, and Golden Horde still exists

China is a patchwork cloth.

Ive heard of Japan colonizing in the Pacific but America :confused:

And ive never ever seen Vijayangara vassalize anything nevertheless South America :rofl:

I suggest you keep that game and start as a different nation, that is one interesting game :D

Ive heard of Japan colonizing in the Pacific but America :confused:

And ive never ever seen Vijayangara vassalize anything nevertheless South America :rofl:

I suggest you keep that game and start as a different nation, that is one interesting game :D

I was thinking of that...

Maybe The Papal State and form Italy?

My current Japanese Empire in 1603.

Invaded Bengal early in the game and eventually took Bihar. Moved into Europe in the mid 1400s and took Ragusa and another small country so I could trade in Europe. Focused on colonizing west coast california, calling it New Japan (very original, I know). Current government is an Administrative Republic.

This is a very interesting way of playing Japan but why you are leaving Rome out ?
Also you shouldn't wait that much to visit the Americas , following the Kiribati-Tahiti-Galapagos way grands you access way faster...eh and area around Panama is teh best if you are looking to westernise .

Here are some pictures from a few games I played.

Gelre, 1612
Vanilla, 1.0: My first EU3 game ever! I loaded it in my current IN 3.1 to make the screenie, that's why there are unexplored areas in Europe.

Number of provinces: 220
Income: 291 ducats / month
Standing army: 281.000 man, Support Limit: 447.000 man
Navy: 10 ships, Support Limit: 68 ships

eu3mapgel1612751.jpg

eu3mapgel1612752.jpg

Austria, 1726
Vanilla, 1.3: another Vanilla game. What you don't see, is that I actually have occupied the rest of the world at this moment. I lost interest and didn't finish the world conquest.

Number of provinces: 692
Income: 1.893 ducats / month (yes, it is!)
Standing army: 911.000 man, Support Limit: 1.652.000 man
Navy: 138 ships, Support Limit: 386 ships

eu3maphab1726711.jpg

eu3maphab1726712.jpg

Brandenburg, 1820
NA 2.2. I played as Brandenburg, formed Germany and went Blitzkrieging all over the world!

Number of provinces: 1.208
Income: 3.528 ducats / month (Yes, unbelievable ain't it?)
Standing army: 983.000 man, Support Limit: 3.058.000 man
Navy: 165 ships, Support Limit: 397 ships

eu3mapger182012312.jpg

Brandenburg, 1821
NA 2.2. After my world conquest, I released as many vassals as I could. Even after this break-down, I still got quite some provinces!

Number of provinces: 494
Income: 1.555 ducats / month
Standing army: 983.000 man, Support Limit: 1.099.000 man
Navy: 165 ships, Support Limit: 100 ships

eu3mapger1821111.jpg

eu3mapger1821112.jpg

Granada, 1630
IN, 3.1. I actually formed Spain as Granada. Yes, all my provinces are Sunni, so Western Europe ís Muslim. You can read all over here. In my AAR I had tweaked the colour of Spain to become Soviet Red, but after I stopped I had a re-install and I don't bother to change the colour now ;).

Number of provinces: 424
Income: 778 ducats / month
Standing army: 148.000 man, Support Limit: 647.000 man
Navy: 232 ships, Support Limit: 254 ships

eu3mapspa16303101.jpg

eu3mapspa16303102.jpg

Westphalia, 1821
IN 3.1. Westphalia is formed in 1807, so just before the end of the game. I played this for the First Short AAR Contest. now for the first time some worldmaps ;).

Number of provinces: 39
Income: 100 ducats / month
Standing army: 45.000 man, Support Limit: 59.000 man
Navy: 6 ships, Support Limit: 22 ships

eu3mapwes1821231.jpg

eu3mapwes1821232.jpg

Lüneburg, 1823
IN 3.1. During almost the entire game I stayed a one province minor. Only one hundred years ago I conquered Bremen, because I needed a port to sail to far off trade centres. My goal was just to become rich and technological advanced. I had deleted my army the first day I played and never got any. Well, only one time, when I conquered Bremen, but I disbanded it afterwards.
My technologies:
Land: 51, which is 47 years ahead of it's time (Next best is France with 40)
Naval: 31, which is a little behind since I didn't invest (Best are France and Milan with 37)
Trade: 51, which is 47 years ahead of it's time (Next best is France with 39)
Production: 32, which is a little behind since I didn't invest (Best is France with 39)
Government: 51, which is 47 years ahead of it's time (Next best is France with 40)
It costs me between 1.5 and 2 years to gain a level in land, trade or government. I costs me 5 months to gain a level in naval or production. If I would continue like this, I might be able to test some nuclear weapons while the rest of the world tries to invent steam engines ;).

Number of provinces: 2
Income: 612 ducats / month
Standing army: 0 man, Support Limit: 5.000 man
Navy: 0 ships, Support Limit: 5 ships
(Indeed, I haven't got an army or a navy, and I'm still alive after 424 years!)

eu3maplun1723111.jpg

eu3maplun1723112.jpg

(No people, Lüneburg is not going to be the one I will write my next AAR about)

it would be one short AAR!!

1. Start game
2. War with Bremen
3. Peace with Bremen
4. End game
5. Took 424 years to do that! How good am I? Next comes WC!!

hahaha would be an amusing AAR!

I'm sad to say that Germany is no more :(

It is circa the year 1650, and I have been declared war on by the 3 biggest nations in the game: Papal State, Ottomans, and Golden Horde.

Due to my total neglect of BB, I have no allies, so I find this hopeless. I believe this was doomed from the start; I made it big for a while though.

Here is the world before my end:

eu3mapger16521221b.png

eu3mapger16521222r.png

Some interesting things to note:

Mamluks ARE Africa by the looks of it, and they inherited Kazahk

Timurids turned into Mughals, and Golden Horde still exists

China is a patchwork cloth.

I don't see the problem here. Maybe you lose this war, but then build a massive army and Dow this nations one per one and conquer them.

Spirto: Haha, yes, that is a good idea. Maybe I'll do that in between everything else. It would certainly be a lot of fun.

Warpster: Don't panic! Even if things are seemingly hopeless, you can still manage to win. I have faith in you. And even if you don't win the war, you can still try to settle with some minor losses.

Here's my current game as Muscowy in 1514. Taken out the Russian minors, Novgorod, GH and several of the central asian nations, plus I've grabbed a few territories from Lithuania (will form Russia once they're cored). Sweeden are my only allies (though my BB has never really gootten bad). The world beyond my borders is....interesting.

EU3_MAP_MOS_1514922_3.jpg

so far only 2 people have said it's "impossible" everyone else just says it's very improbable.

I think the chances have swayed in favour of cheating because without further proof it cannot be proven not guilty! A agree that, also without proof, it cannot be proven guilty but people must agree on the fact that just seeing that picture, without any screenshots or detailed explanations or denials there is a very high chance that it has been done through cheats. While that not being final and 100% sure, as it stands now it looks like it has been done through cheats and not because of 3 PU's.

As for that thing with Denmark, again the chances are very slim that Sweden left Norway and Denmark EXACTLY how they were! And that the player just HAPPENED to get all the Norweigan and Danish provinces down to the last one! Exactly how they are in the start! Seeing as the Scandinavian region is usually a very unstable region!

Just pointing out that as I posted earlier in this thread (page 53 or something) inhereting things are quite possible even if unlikely. I inherited Castille, Austria and finally France in my game as Portugal. As it happened to me I see no reason why it couldn't happen to him. Just because something is highly improbable doesn't mean it wont occur. That being said it's of course not impossible that he cheated either :D

By the by a bit of topic perhaps but does anyone know what it is that gives you a personal union? Is it just random luck or is it based on long term good relationships and political skill or something?

Its much more likely that he cheated than inherited 3-4 counties in 1 game...

PUs are just random luck, and can occur whenever you have a royal marriage with the country. I think high prestige and low bb might increase the chances...

Its much more likely that he cheated than inherited 3-4 counties in 1 game...

PUs are just random luck, and can occur whenever you have a royal marriage with the country. I think high prestige and low bb might increase the chances...
Yes, it's much more likely but not a certainty. You should consider that he's probably played loads of games, but only put that one in this thread. So, it's not like he inherits them every game or something and I've also had ultra-lucky, with regards inheritance, games.

Yes, it's much more likely but not a certainty. You should consider that he's probably played loads of games, but only put that one in this thread. So, it's not like he inherits them every game or something and I've also had ultra-lucky, with regards inheritance, games.

No its not a certainty but just much much more likely... The chances of even inheriting 1 large nation are very small, let alone inheriting france, spain and norway. To inherit france he must of got them directly rather than through a PU since he could never get an army large enough to stop them insulting him. Ive never once encountered this direct inheritance.... The biggest country Ive ever inherited through a PU was bohemia...

No its not a certainty but just much much more likely... The chances of even inheriting 1 large nation are very small, let alone inheriting france, spain and norway. To inherit france he must of got them directly rather than through a PU since he could never get an army large enough to stop them insulting him. Ive never once encountered this direct inheritance.... The biggest country Ive ever inherited through a PU was bohemia...

Yes, but, IF one still inherited France, Spain and whatnot all in one game, one would definately tell it here. Because we have quite a lot players here, it is highly probable that at least one of them has had that. That means that it is highly probable that at least one player had those inheritances and came here to tell us about it.

If you guys really want, I can try to make it more formal :p:

Let the probability of AT LEAST one Paradoxian getting crazy inheritances at some point of time be denoted as P(A). Now we can say that P(A) is quite close to 1, no matter how improbable it is to get inheritances in one game.

Then, let the probability of that lucky Paradoxian telling us about that inheritance in this tread be denoted as P(B). Again, that is almost 1, because we all are equally egoistic and willing to show off whenever it's possible :p

Now, the probability of both A and B happening is P(A)*P(B). Both A and B happening means that at least one person has really had these inheritances, and he/she comes here telling us "hey guys, I just inherited half of the world! cool!". If both P(A) and P(B) are close to 1, then P(A)*P(B) is also rather close to 1. For example, if both have 90% chance, then P(A)*P(B)=0.81!

If that's not a rather probable event, then I don't know what is ;)

Yes, but, IF one still inherited France, Spain and whatnot all in one game, one would definately tell it here. Because we have quite a lot players here, it is highly probable that at least one of them has had that. That means that it is highly probable that at least one player had those inheritances and came here to tell us about it.

If you guys really want, I can try to make it more formal :p:

Let the probability of AT LEAST one Paradoxian getting crazy inheritances at some point of time be denoted as P(A). Now we can say that P(A) is quite close to 1, no matter how improbable it is to get inheritances in one game.

Then, let the probability of that lucky Paradoxian telling us about that inheritance in this tread be denoted as P(B). Again, that is almost 1, because we all are equally egoistic and willing to show off whenever it's possible :p

Now, the probability of both A and B happening is P(A)*P(B). Both A and B happening means that at least one person has really had these inheritances, and he/she comes here telling us "hey guys, I just inherited half of the world! cool!". If both P(A) and P(B) are close to 1, then P(A)*P(B) is also rather close to 1. For example, if both have 90% chance, then P(A)*P(B)=0.81!

If that's not a rather probable event, then I don't know what is ;)

But you've just made up the numbers.... Why would P(A) be close to 1? The total number of people on this forums isnt relatively large, and I still rekon that the chances are so small that its not really worth considering, and we should just assume that its much more likly that they've cheated. There are probably more people who play EU3 who dont use the forums regularly than those who do, so its not a given that anyone inheriting all these countries would post it here.

Also the fact that he didnt explain his game at all, and didnt mention inheriting any countries when he posted his empire makes me think that he just cheated and didnt want to try and explain all his cheating. If you had inhereted 3 large countries you would certainly want to mention it... I think its pretty impossible that he could have conqured all that land without inheritances, so he must be cheating.

Last edited:
About inheritances, I inherited (IN 3.2b) Bohemia AND Poland as Austria. This was around the year 1500. Bohemia was in a personal union, but Poland was not. The incidents took place some 10 years apart.

As Austria you have royal marriages with literally everyone. Considering the chances of firing up a personal union, a succession war or a direct inheritance with any of those countries, it is far more likely that you end up inheriting someone than that you do not.

Of course if you play a warmongering Austria without royal marriages and the HRE becoming awfully one-coloured fifty years into the game and everyone remaining being your vassal the odds are that you never experience an inheritance.

If you play a peaceful HRE game with a German-culture country, it is far more probable that your royal marriages work their magic over the next 400 years than that they do not.

Must post a screenshot of my Portugal game in 3.0 (and also complete it sometime soon, even with the new version)
Also, in my current attempt for Austria -> Prussia -> Germany I had the... issue of getting an early PU with me leading France! Almost made me change my plan but I managed to stay in wars quite a lot of the time (wars == no insult) and let the big, nasty, blue blob handle most of my battles so I had no WE issues.

That and regularly giving them money kept my relations pretty high up to current point I changed culture to Saxon and can more freely get provinces and armies high enough to be quite more relaxed. Oh, and have quite a few vassals since I avoided annexing wrong culture provinces before becoming Saxon (annexing Milan in 3 fast wars and then releasing them as vassal was quite funny, and secured my south borders too). :rofl: